1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. I initially didn't like the Elf body, as I thought it was too thin, but I have to admit it's grown on me. I've started to really love the androgynous aesthetic, and the decolletage, particularly.

I ended up taking the plunge and ordering the Elf bod in their recent Anniversary special.... :dance It's done. My XiaoYu will have a bod. Down the line I'd like to get body blushing with tattoos, as well. Ahhhh, so many plans :sweat

2. Awesome! sadly my hands/fingers only can manage YOSD and MSD sizes well these days. Anything smaller/larger is a fumble for them and often results in multiple clumsy drops :D :D
      I did like the DT 7yr body for her that someone else had her on and it's maybe an option for the future. Aesthetically I don't like the back of the thighs of DT bodies but otherwise, I love their shape.

I am also curious if DZ 56cm Girl Body (NB56-001) will work out. She looks ok on the 45cm but it's just a little off. The colour would have to be the pink normal, the peach won't work out and I think the white is too creamy.

3. Wow, your girl is so lovely! She looks great on that body, thanks for sharing!

4. Just circled back to this, five months later! They both look really good, but I think I like the elf body a bit more

5. I just went into a Dollzone dive... The NB56 etc is soooo beautiful! Now is like to see that, too!

I always thought I'd be an MSD&YOSD only collector.... Then I held a Doom girl, and I was gooooone. haha! Are you naturally clumsy (like me, hehehe), or did something happen to your hands? I hope you're ok :ablink:
      I noticed the DT back of thigh grooves and am curious as to how they'll function. I can understand they'd be a no for some, though. They're definitely quite prominent.

Ahhh, now back to the DZ tunnel..... :cheer

6. Lol, DZ are pretty special. I did try my girl on a DZ msd body and it's ok sort of.... I don't want to go 1/3 because my hands... anyway, I keep looking and thinking about it. Poor thing might never get a body at this rate lol

7. Thank you! I've found picture on Instagram dressed too and she's not too bad but something about it doesn't sit right for me. I think it's a great match though as far as colour and sizing goes.

8. I don't actually know how old my Feeple body is though. I bought it secondhand a little while ago. Getting the righ resin match is always such a struggle!

9. DZ 56cm girl doesn't fit AT ALL with Xiao Yu. It's a very massive SD body. I took pics of this hybridization for somebody and was just laughable. I'm not at home currently so I can't share the photos right now, but I will if you want to see the result.

10. Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!! no! I thought it was a more slender body than any of the larger SD sizes... because DZ is always slender and that size is shorter than a regular SD by DZ and I'm sure she ok on that size, just too long for me. :( how sad.
      I am still considering myou or souldoll...or maybe just sell the heads, it's giving me such a headache lately lol . Have you ever seen the vito size body? It's the one I had planned to get all along but I've never seen one or seen it between a 56 and 1/4, which would be awesome.

#430 nyxx2, May 21, 2023
      Last edited: May 21, 2023
    11. Yes, definitely hard! I know she doesn't match my f60 which is 2021 I think.. might be 2019 at the most... and my newer minifees don't match colour either, not enough white. :/

12. For the fun, here is my ex Xiao Yu on Dollzone NB56-001 body:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry I never owned or have seen irl vito size girl body ^^'

13. Thank you so much for the pic! That's about what I think she looks like on my feeple or elfdoll bodies, little head :lol:
      It's not too bad of a body otherwise, maybe with BIG hair? lol. I had no idea it was a little more chunky than the usual slim bodies but I do like it. :D

14. OK, here is my XiaoYu on DT Elf body in Fresh which I no longer own as I sold it but someone may like to see the combo if they haven't already. The hands were as big as her face which really put me off, I prefer more delicate like the DZ girls and I wasn't a fan of the back of the thighs or the square hips. I am fussy huh!? but I thought she could use a little more maturity which is what made me think of the DZ 56cm body or the Souldoll Vito size which is closer to the measurements. I really like the look of this body but I can't handle it well or dress her well enough since it's a more boyish odd size.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      I put together a comparison of bodies I had been reading up on with MAY resin match closely enough and in sizes close enough but I have no way to be sure and I didn't add Luts real skin which I heard also matched but unsure of a body. I have too much time on my hands lol The only colour match I am sure of is the DT Fresh resin.
      [​IMG]

15. So funny to see this discussion now as I just ordered the Dollzone NB-56 and NB-40 (big baby) bodies last week! I love the aesthetic of both bodies - they are both very realistic, more full/rounded and the simple ball joints look so graceful.

I am planning to put Xiao Yu on the NB-42 as I think her face works well as a young child. And do a custom minimee head for the other body so she can have a big sister. I’ll have to post pics.

The neck hole on Xiao Yu is a bit small for the 9” BB neck, I might attempt to mod the head to make it fit a bit better. But it should go on ok, there are other pics of her on BB bodies with 9” necks in this thread.

#435 aliquotiens, May 25, 2023
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2023

16. Yes, necks can be too big and I've managed to make necks slimmer in the past to fit a head so if it's not too big it's easy enough. She does look really cute as a child which is one reason I thought to buy the DT7yr body.
      I like that the NB are chunkier, which is good for me because not all dolls need to be skinny right? :D Please could you show photos of her head on both bodies when they arrive? I'm still leaning toward either a souldoll vito or dznb56.

17. i definitely will post photos! It may be a while though; I ordered through Alice’s Collections, but I’ve heard DZ still takes 6 months+

18. Yes, it'll be awhile but I'll be here! lol

19. Joining here! I just recently got back into the hobby after a ~7-year hiatus and really started with a bang haha. I purchased a Xiao Yu in normal and an Ichigo in Copper. XiaoYu will be on a Dollstown Elf and Ichigo on a MaskCat 57cm. All of it is ordered and I just got a notification my heads have been shipped:D!

I love seeing everyone's hybrids, and was wondering if anyone had an Ichigo on a MaskCat body they would like to share? Thanks!

20. Hello :) I have just done a practice run on my Xiao Yu head and the expression is a little sad/wistful, does anyone have an obviously happy Xiao Yu they could share ?
      See pic below ( please ignore the wonky eyelashes, eyebrows and mouth dots :abambi:).

[​IMG]