1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. I just pre-ordered Xiao! I think she will be a great companion to my Merry Doll Round Fang. All the heads are just sooooo pretty that I wish I could get them all! I love sleeping Aishat, too, especially with the "Club Night" faceup.

2. Xiao is lovely, and I agree that she would look great with Merry Doll Round Fang.

And I finally made an order for a sleeping Aishat and an awake Aishat!

I love Greenwolfy's style, so I wanted to make sure to add the faceups in addition to the heads, but now I'm so torn over what colors to choose! I can't decide whether to go with an "all white" style (white hair, pale lashes, etc.) or a "red head" style with freckles.

It is much harder to find a true copper/auburn/fox color in mohair, suri, etc. than it is to find white, but I would like a doll that can echo the atmosphere of Waterhouse's delicate paintings. On the other hand, all-white (with a touch of cheek and lip color) with white lace clothes is one of my favorite bjd appearances ever.

I could always split the choice and go with one style for the "sleeping" head and one for the "awake" head, but I like them both so much that that doesn't really help.

3. wow these dolls are beautiful im glad i came across this thread

4. Ordered Brave Aishat - I waited so long for this head with open eyes. Yeah! :D

5. I couldn't decide in the end so ordered both Xiao and Kaorin :dance

6. So for the Dollstown Elf body: Pale, fresh, or oriental? Which matches?

And has anyone found another body that works for Xiao Yu?

7. I have a Black Cherry Aishat head in WS and one in NS, a Bimong NS head, and WS Iplehouse hands. They are all quite new.

Black Cherry NS and Bimong NS are very close - the Black Cherry NS is a tiny bit pinker, and the Bimong NS a tiny bit darker and peachier. I have read that Bimong NS and Dollstown Oriental is a good match (there are several Dandelion + DT Elf hybrids in these colors) so Oriental may be perfect for Black Cherry NS.

I have also read and seen in photos that Iplehouse white is very close to Dollshe/Dollstown Fresh. If that is true, then Fresh is a tiiiiny bit paler than Black Cherry NS - My NS Aishat head is slightly darker and pinker than the Iplehouse hands when you compare them in natural light.

In indoor light / shadow, the Iplehouse hands are more noticeably lighter and more creamy than Black Cherry or Bimong NS.

That said, I personally bought a Fresh body (Dollshe 26F) for my NS Aishat heads, since I think just a little blushing on the hands and neck would blend the colors well. I was told it was a good match, and I thought Oriental might be too dark.

If you are trying to match Black Cherry WS, then Pale is probably the only option. My WS head is very white.

I hope this helps!

8. I'm definitely a fan of BC dolls. I have Brave Aishat with Wolfy's face up and now waiting for a blank Kaorin. For once, it's good to be in Russia — the wait won't be too long.
      Also, it's funny how the company's name closely echos my own story-project\roleplay-space\whatever. It must be fate. XD

#49 lilas, May 29, 2018
      Last edited: May 29, 2018
    9. I just found Black Cherry just yesterday, and I'm completely in love with Kaorin. Are these head usually rather limited?
      I used to own an Elfdoll Vivien whom I sold and I think Kaorin could make a great new version of her :D

10. They are not available on regular basis, but Bella opens preorders from time to time and sometimes sells a batch of ready-to-ship heads.

11. Thanks a lot!
      Considering that the listing says "2-4 months" for production time, is that still correct or should I assume the head could be shipped much faster?
      I'm considering buying Kaorin if Black Cherry could allow me a layaway. :)

12. I think it's better to ask Bella directly via message. My Kaorin was already cast and shipped just in a few days. It was about 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming the same pre-cast batch is currently listed on etsy, but I could be wrong.

13. Thank you again. I just tried PM'ing her on Etsy :XD:

14. I have just received my Xiao Yu head in normal skin and she matches the Zaoll body in ns perfectly, both in proportion and resin colour. I'm at the moment torn between the Elfdoll body and another Zaoll body... Bella said that Dollstown Fresh skin matches her normal skin. I have a fresh skin ( at least I think she is fresh skin and not pale skin, second hand from the marketplace...) Dollshe Amanda here, she is paler than Xiao Yu. I'll have to wait until the next month anyway, so I still have time to decide...

15. Oh wow! I thought based on the measurements that Zaoll's neck would be too big for Xiao Yu. But then again, I don't have one to look at in person. Thanks!

16. @MuhKuh Do you have any pictures to share of Xiao Yu on the Zaoll Body?

17. I took some now, but sadly the light is already fading. I might try to take new pictures on the weekend, and then also with the head on the Dollstown body.
      In this light, with a closer look the head is a little less pink than the Zaoll body and from the side the neck looks long, but still I think it looks good on that body:

[​IMG]

There are more picture on my flickr, also some to show the range of movement and the resin colours up close.

18. Thank you for the pictures, @MuhKuh. :thumbup
      I think it looks very nice.

19. [​IMG]