1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. At the time I bought mine there was only one ns choice. But I would opt for something with pinkish undertones as that's what my Kaorin has.

2. Changing resin options can make things confusing! Kaorin definitely needs some pink tones. I have a couple bodies here that I want her to try before I order another one!

3. Hello, my Xiao Yu Moon head should arrive today, if postal gods are on my side. I'm wondering has anyone tried her on a Souldoll vito woman body or on a Maskcat body? Thanks!

Update: I got her a few days later. She really is pretty small! I tried her on my maskcat doll 42 cm body and really it wasn't that bad if you are going for a more immature look. The head is a little bit big, IMO. Great head mobility. Not really the look had in mind personally. That body however does have crazy knees. Really beautiful sculpting, but her legs are always akimbo and need to be rearranged. I didn't take pictures, if anyone is interested I can do that later!

#123 shadow_takatori, Mar 12, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    4. Hello everyone!! I’m so excited because today I purchased my first ever Black cherry head!! I got an Ichigo

5. @Marvel Very nice, she's beautiful! Do you have an idea of her character/styling?

6. Yes I do!! I'm thinking really vibrant and dewey. I really love this character so I'm hoping she works out. She's a Fiery Witch! <3

7. Hello! I can finally jump in here after months of waiting to complete my girl, who has been just a head since last year :XD:
      Her body finally got here yesterday and I think it's a pretty good hybrid! She's on the DZ NB56-001 body in normal pink, and the resin match is pretty close I think, the body is a little bit more pink but its not really that noticeable in pictures. The proportions are also very good, the body is about 56 cm, and I wouldn't go for a taller one since her head is a little small, but that is all personal taste :)

Here is Adelia
      [​IMG]Adelia by Rivon92, on Flickr

8. @Rivon She is beautiful! Can I ask what size eyes you used for her?

9. @shadow_takatori Thanks! Sure, these are 12mm eyes from soulinaboxdolls on etsy with the small iris option, I think their small iris is 5mm, and it looks pretty realistic to me :)

10. @Rivon I love your styling choices. She is stunning.

I got a feeple60 moe body for my Xiao Yu Moon head. Without a wig it looks too small but with a wig I it looks perfect. At least for what I'm going for. :dance Random-ish question how do you open the COA envelope without ruining the seal or ripping the paper?

11. If the seal is silver it will not brake, you can just peel it off starting from the bottom.)

12. @Byakko Thanks for the tip. I ended up coming from the top. I kind of warmed it up with my hands and picked it off carefully. Sorry I asked for advice then didn't wait for any. My girl is #5 :XD:

13. Joining this thread since I'm buying a second-hand Kaorin head! :) It's in fresh tone, which I understand is the same as Dollshe fresh? In that case, I am thinking of getting a Ringdoll body for her. I'm very excited about this girl! She will be my badass witch girl with bright neon orange hair. :D I can't wait to paint her! Wiping the beautiful Blisslacosta (at least I think?) face up will be painful though... I think she might keep it for a little while.

14. Does the color match? I thought the head is way lighter

15. @Seidenraupe They don't quite match. It's true the head is lighter in color than fairyland normal.

16. Super love these dolls! I sold my Kaorin head a few weeks ago but I’m considering getting an Ichigo! Would love to see owner pics of her. <3

17. There are several heads available for preorder right now! Any idea what other companies match dollshe/dollstown oriental skintone? I love Ichigo <3

18. I have a couple of dolls in oriental skin and it seems to be a fairly standard normal, one is a Twigling body and I have had a number of heads on it which all seemed ok.

19. I see! Thanks for the input! Is oriental normal pink or normal yellow though?

20. Probably more towards yellow but I find it a fairly neutral shade.