1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlackBox Mochi

Jul 27, 2017

1. Mochi has an easy to open, removeable faceplate, like Anubis and many other bjds luckily. The Iplehouse pets will break you trying to get those eyes in if you want to change or move them, but these ones are a piece of cake! :)

2. @Donna80, thank you so much; this is very helpful! I have some of the Iplehouse pets, and purposely got the eyes already installed on them when I ordered, because I had a feeling they'd be a b**** to deal with, lol! Now I can order Mochi without eyes, and use some I already have :thumbup

3. Oh yes, these are sooo easy, but then Mochi is designed beautifully.

Mochi Eyes

4. The artist said that they hope to in the future, but they haven't planned on a timetable for that yet.

5. Just bought mine today! He's gonna end up going everywhere with me.

6. Guysssss! I ordered a Mochi! IM SUPER EXCITED. I wanted one last year but I couldn't afford one, now Ive been able to do a layaway and the price is cheaper! :)
      Who else is pumped for our cute wolfy doggos? :D

7. Oh yes! I've got a couple of the little fellows, but I'm looking forward to getting a tan Mochi one day :)

..and a tan Anubis, to join my current white pair (one of which I'm going to dye beige), when they get re-released later this year :D

8. Mochi is so cute but he just wasn't in my budget this time around :C I did get a sleepy eyed Anubis though! Do we have any projected time frames for when these dolls will be shipped, or how long it normally takes anyways? o:

I got white and I'm thinking of dying her a deep purple... ;)

9. How do you dye the white resin?

10. Hey I got my Mochi last year when the previous order opened up and I had some really weird reactions since I've gotten her, she seems to yellow extremely easily. Not long after I got her she was placed in a window for a short period of time but had no color change and then suddenly nearly a year later when she was majorly kept out of the sun we had a long wave of humidity and heat and she started yellowing like crazy. I was wondering if that was the problem but the thing is none of my other dolls yellowed or changed color at all! I even have a Dollzone Big Dipper who is also white and he's still as bright and pristine as the day I got him

I cleaned her in a soapy bath and that took most of it out but overall she still has a yellow tinge to her, I have no idea why this happened to only her as all my dolls are literally stored together and no one else changed

Also I have the Black Resin Anubis doll and I feel like I should post some experiences I had with it that were extremely strange, I got mine blank and I wanted to do my own face up on it so my first move was to clean and prep it, alcohol had a super weird affect on it causing white clouding all over it, made a great aged look but it did NOT come off until I used acetone to clean it off, luckily it reacted well to it. Naturally I tried to play it safe with alcohol and that happened also using dawn platinum soap had a weird affect too, left a lot of extra streak marks on it like it was greasy but it wasn't, that one just took extra cleaning and now it's mostly handled.

The weirdest thing though was spraying her! I did 2 coats of MSC and did the hellish trial off putting it back together and the parts touching each other really easily chipped the MSC off not just when forceful reassembly, but the arm brushed against the tail with barely any pressure and left a steak in it. I thought maybe I did a bad job spraying her so I had a friend do new coats as i didn't have access to mine at the time. It was a perfectly solid spray, there wasn't anything wrong with it but only a few days later and her head's totally covered in tiny bumps and scraps that totally removed the MSC coats, just like with Mochi I don't know why this happened because all my other dolls from various companies and in various colors are not having any of these problems at all, I've dropped and tossed them all around far more roughly and they don't have a scratch

I don't know what any of this means for either doll but I think these happenings are extremely worth mentioning in case someone else has these problems too or can take steps to avoid the issues I'm having now

#70 Death of a bachelor, Oct 11, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    11. Sorry for the thread necromancy, but does anyone keep up with this company? I just discovered and fell in love with their Anubis and Medjed dolls, although from comments in various forums it seems they're pretty hard to get ahold of (side question: I've seen these dolls mentioned several times but they are both on the list of off-topic dolls because of a lack of joints, so were people talking about them before they were ruled off-topic?).

Anyway, I found BlackBox on Facebook and Instagram and back in June (2019) they showed a really cute Chinese style lion doll called Foo Dou. They said the preorder would be in a couple of months. Anyone know if it went ahead? I can't find much online.

12. Blackbox lists pre-orders at (fairly random) intervals as and when they're ready for a new release/re-release, so you have to keep a very careful watch on their Facebook page, and stalk Taobao agents like Crystal Yi on Facebook for news.
      The lion hasn't been released yet so we're still stalking and waiting for him. Typically I've been seeing releases appear 12-24 months after the original anticipated date, so it might be this year or the start of next year that we see the pre-order, but the pre-order period can be 2-4 weeks so you really need to hit that notification option! :)

13. Thanks for the info! I was hoping the lack of posts and pictures meant it hadn't been released yet. Fingers crossed they'll release the Egyptian dolls again but at least I have a chance at the lion.

14. Hi all! We've been talking to BlackBox just yesterday (we're an official dealer for them as well) and the release of the lion has been delayed because of how complex it is. BlackBox estimates that production time of the dolls will exceed one year after ordering, and wanted to discuss with us regarding how the international market might feel about this wait time. The alternative is to sell from ready-made stock over a year after they begin producing the dolls, but this risks not producing enough to satisfy demand.

We told them that the lion is greatly anticipated and that as long as buyers know about the long production time beforehand, that it would be better to meet the needs of everyone who wants one rather than risk running short. Furthermore, we plan to buy some for stock for those that are uncomfortable with the over a year wait for a pre-order.

Please, if anyone has any additional input, feel free to express them. :) Please also point your friends and acquaintances that are waiting for the lion to this thread (I couldn't seem to find a general BlackBox discussion thread) so that we can get a good feel about those wanting the lion.

15. For a one year wait time would Blackbox perhaps take a deposit payment perhaps? The long wait may not be too much of an issue, but split payments might help get more people on board.

(Being in the UK/EU, ordering via the US for a layaway option would add extra Customs to the cost sadly).

16. I wouldn't mind a year long wait.
      Some anime figure companies constantly delay a figure for a year, but you don't actually know when it will be released.
      At least in this case we would be aware of it ahead of time.

17. Personally I wouldn't mind a year long wait either for the lion. I've been eyeing that bugger ever since the promo haha!

18. Does anyone have a picture of the lion?

19. Thank you! He’s cute.