1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlackBox Mochi

Jul 27, 2017

1. I would be willing to wait. Would love another chance to get a Medjed too! :lol:

2. Foo Dou is available for order on Legend Doll, but looks like it’s limited to 20 sets. It comes with 3 babies! So cute~:love

And there’s a note that the production time for a nude doll is 12 months, and 14 months with face up.

3. Aaaaaaaa! He's adorable, but I wasn't expecting him to come out this soon!

4. Is Legend Doll the only dealer for this doll? Or can you order direct with the company?

5. BJ Divas is a dealer as well, but we'll have to wait and hear from them. It's not up on their site as of now.

6. Oh my gosh I just want one of those babies! :XD:

7. I need all of them but ahhh the timing! Haha

8. We're waiting for BlackBox to make their formal announcement for Foo Dou before releasing him for sales on our website. :) The product listing is ready to go, it's currently invisible to everyone. ;)

Quick note on what to expect: Foo Dou + 3 babies price is $278, we're not sure why Legend Doll has it priced nearly $400. We only have 20 sets available as well, it appears to be region-limited or dealer-limited. BlackBox might release more in the future if the production run goes smoothly. We expect them to sell out super fast because BlackBox's own sales completed instantly as soon as they opened it on Taobao, and we anticipate the Chinese buyers who missed out will be watching our site as well.

9. I thought I was safe because of the price tag, but if it's actually affordable I might end up putting it on layaway after all...or maybe I'll just wait and hope they do another run someday because idk if I can afford another layaway right now (and I also want to save up for an Anubis/Wepwawet re-release).

#89 monkeypizzasonic, Jan 18, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    10. @BJDivas you have saved me with that price tag....but now I must make decisions on fuu dog and another doll purchase...when I'm already layawaying with you Bless you for fueling my dolly needs!

11. OK, found the info on the BJ Divas website. Being released at 4am my time! Trying to decide if I should attempt to get one in the middle of the night. :lol:

12. Sold out :( I tried lol no surprise the webpage kept crashing with all the traffic! I tried to get both eyes and a Foo Dou. (Still showing in cart but sold out/can't check out).

#92 The_Modern_Maiden, Jan 18, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    13. I apologize for the inconvenience of the website crashes that everyone experienced. We'd stress-tested the website prior to the launch and our host assured us that it would be no problem. We were concerned nonetheless, and that's why we had the host on the line from before the pre-order opened.

We'll endeavor to do better for future releases. Again, I'm sorry for the trouble, and we'll also petition BlackBox to release more in the future.

14. Foo Dou was never meant to be this limited of a release. The reason that it was is due to the manufacturing difficulty and manufacturing time. BlackBox was worried that if they did a time-limited release like with all of their other releases, that some customers might not receive their dolls for two years or more. Furthermore, they already feel very bad for the defects that can't be removed and thought that people wouldn't want Foo Dou, or that it would reflect negatively on their usual work and quality.

The limited quantity was primarily due to BlackBox trying their best to be a responsible artist and business. As it seems that Foo Dou is welcomed despite the inherent manufacturing flaws, so long as the production run goes smoothly, he will return, and we'll do our best to ensure that everyone who wants to bring him home will be able to do so.

15. The little defects make them personal, one of a kind, and individual. Waiting is part of this hobby. We appreciate the hard work and craftsmanship involved in creating Foo Dou and the pups!

We hope they return someday!

16. I got lucky - I got a Chinese friend to help me buy one from the Taiwanese dealer that BlackBox listed on their Facebook page (maybe they speak English, but I figured Chinese would be easier for clarity). I live in Hong Kong so it makes more sense than him being shipped halfway round the world before getting to me! For some reason they still had stock even though the post had been up a few hours. Maybe people from mainland China weren't allowed to buy from there??

17. I'm sad that I didn't even know about Foo Dou until I saw the BJDivas IG story announcement about the website issues after the preorder was already over. Foo in general are very special to me and Foo Dou fits my aesthetic, so I really hope they do a general release in the future and I can get a pair.

18. I feel like it'd be weird to not have a pair of them together.

19. I was so tempted to try for a BJDivas one to get a pair. It seemed selfish, though, considering how few were made available.

20. Exactly. It's not really right to me to have a solo Foo, honestly, since they are paired guardians (I do have one in my collection, but he's not traditional anyway and he was basically a thrift find). It's why I'm hoping they get made into a non-limited order.