1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlackBox Mochi

Jul 27, 2017

1. I assume if all goes well with the casting they'll do another order for them, seeing as they were so popular.

2. We've spoken with BlackBox and they said that they'll try to do more releases, as well as produce more during the production run to sell from stock. The main issue preventing them from doing a non-limited release is the difficulty in casting Foo Dou. There is only one person at their casting company who's capable of replicating Foo Dou without flaws, and that is the master of the company. His normal job is mainly managerial, so making Foo Dou is on top of all of those responsibilities. Coupled with how complex Foo Dou is to replicate, it'll take him a long time to make the current order quantity.

#102 BJDivas, Jan 20, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    3. I too would love it if there were more runs in the future, as I sadly couldn't get one this time around.

I'm also still waiting on that black resin Mochi that was mentioned would happen a while ago but still hasn't, so I guess I'm just partial to these cuties in general :XD:

4. I really want their Anubis and Medjed, but I'm guessing they don't have time to make more. I suppose it comes with the territory when ordering from small indie companies though.

5. In case anyone missed it Angelesque is offering Foo Dou on Monday. I read in another thread that this dealer has had some issues lately (said she was closing, actually isn't, general lack of communication about the changes) but I guess this is the last lot available for this preorder.

Howeverrrrr ... Blackbox also just put a new doll on their Faceook, Pixiu (according to the translation). Like a Foo Dou but with wings! There may also be a third type coming in the future (again, not sure about the translation). Hoping I get can eventually get one of these to make a pair!

6. I've seen a few pop up for sale secondhand now and then, here or on Instagram.

Speaking of Instagram, they put up some pictures of the mini foodou's with painting and they're absolutely precious! I would seriously consider buying them separately if they made them available.

7. Omg I would buy the littles separately tooooo

8. The Pixiu is cute, too. I like the expression of the face.

9. Whoa, he looks awesome. I'm biased towards 1/6, so I'm sure he'll be bigger... :lol:

10. Their facebook page says he's approximately 72cm tall, so yeah, too big for the tiny section.

11. Argh! Why are all the cool indie vaguely Egyptian-based bjd so dang tall!

12. Here I was thinking he was a mature tiny :sweat not because I wanted him to be that small, but because clearly I have zero notion of size :XD:

13. Honestly, I find it really hard to comprehend the size of a doll from photos. They normally take up the same amount of the frame no matter if they're 20cm or 70cm or whatever. I was surprised at how small my first smaller dolls were when they arrived. Even if they're pictured held by a person, I can't visualise them properly unless I have them in front of me.

14. That's why I keep a tailor's measure on my desk. When I'm looking at things online and it says the size, but I can't picture it, I pull out the measure tape and check.

15. @TulliaTacita I need to say this before I forget this again, but I LOVE your avatar. XD I have a weakness for hamsters (if it wasn't obvious already from my avatar :P) and every time I see you post I just need to stare at your hamster doll for a while.

>_> Sorry for the off topic, carry on, nothing to see here.

16. Aw, of course he's huge. Oh, well. I keep hoping more companies will make mature tinies, but alas...

@NecrochildK I do the same thing - I'll pull out a tape measure and then find something similar in size if I can't visualize it.

17. Aw, I love him too! I'm actually feeling really lucky right now - I went to my local park late afternoon on Thursday to take pictures of a different doll, but I took my hamster in his little pouch too in case a photo opportunity arose. Late evening I realised he hadn't come home with me. :o I was gutted because I thought for sure he'd have been thrown away or given to a child by a clueless adult. Got up at 6am the next day to get to the park for opening time, retraced my steps and someone had left him on a bench for me. My baby :...(

I would actually love to get him a friend in a different colour but I don't know how to get hold of one (I got him at a convention last year).