1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blossom Doll Discussion

Feb 12, 2012

1. Iris looks interesting ;)

I see there is a body tab on the site, so I guess they must also sell them with bodies. I look forward to seeing the body sculpts! This company looks promising.

2. I like the look of Iris, she's got this stern look that suits one of my characters very well. I'll have to keep an eye on these gals.

3. If I get any it will be Hyacinth, love the nose and lips! I wonder if Paypal will be an option at some point?!
      Waiting for the neck and eye sizes to be published.

4. So far the 3 emails I have sent have bounced back....and if I'm not mistaken, I swear the heads were $127.00, now they are $136.00:|

5. When I met a DZ representative at the GZ DP at the beginning of February, she said that there was something new coming out from DC. I didn't ask what exactly, since nobody would tell details anyway, but the 'something' didn't sound just as a new doll (and they had two new DZ dolls displayed there anyway).
      So, could this be it? A DC project? The style, the photos, etc. would be quite there. The only thing that put me off is that they offer a tan resin and the DZ representative said there was no intention to have the tan resin available again in near future.

End of my 2¢...

Btw. The big guy's tattoo is cool.

Yup, it was 127. But it's not that unusual for a 'new' (?) company to adjust prices.

6. is anyone else having trouble with the website. I have yet to be able to see it.

7. The sites working fine for me so far.

8. Ooo I hope this is that company you speak of. I have a DC girl; blossom doll would be perfect with her. And if it is a DC project, hopefully it won't be long till Mint of Card or DenverDoll Emporium acquire the rights to sell them stateside :D

Also, the more I look at Hyacinth, the more she reminds me of Doll Chateau Hugh. I think she would make a cute boy.

9. Blossom Doll is not associated with DZ or DC. However, the sculptor did use to work for DZ but left to do their own thing. ^_^

10. ah thanks for the info!

11. The only thing that can be bought right now is the heads. Even though it mentions a full set, that can't be bought right now, but I was told that I would be notified when it could. A body is also currently being worked on.

12. Sounds reasonable; and it also explains the tan resin availability.

Looking forward to the new bodies. The heads' styles are on the artistic side, so the bodies can be quite interesting.
      Although I hope they will become different from DC works.

13. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the body as well.

14. Fantastic!! Thanks for the info!

15. It's funny, the more I think about these dolls, the more I know one will be joining me in the future. And then hearing the sculptor used to work for my favorite company is just awesome! I think I'm going to wait until they possibly have bodies, though. While I wouldn't mind buying one of their heads and putting it on a DZ body like it was mentioned they did, I would rather see what they come up with. :D

But I'm excited. I've subscribed to this thread in hopes of keeping tabs on them. :D

16. Blossom rep emailed me back this morning.
      The fullset will be available in the future, and it will not be limited. They said that they will plan on opening up a paypal option soon. As for the body, all they said is that its 1/3 scale: head size 21 cm, neck hole 9cm.
      So I guess I will just wait for the fullset to be for sale with a body. Pretty exciting!

17. That's great news. Once they have Paypal I'll definitely be getting Iris, I love her stylish look.

18. So, I was wondering...
      If Molly is photographed on the DZ 62cm body, do you think I can put her on the DZ 65 cm body? the neck size is a little different. Ugh, I hate making hybrids!

19. I'm thinking they might be nice on the SD size Doll Chateau body!

20. I was thinking that the Doll Chateau would be a popular choice. For me, though the bodies are a little too thin and stylized. I like the borderline thinness and style of the DZ 65cm girl body, but not knowing if the head will fit makes me very nervous.
      Molly's head opening is 9cm....
      DZ 62cm body's neck is 8cm and the neck for the 65cm body is 9.3cm. I've never done a hybrid before so I don't know what the neckholes are supposed to be like in proportion to the necks. Any ideas?