1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Fairies of Bluefairy - Bluefairy SD sized dolls Discussion

May 24, 2011

1. I want Your Diana so, so bad. Now to make hard decisions.

20mm eyes and 9/10 wig makes me think she'd look fine with Volks. The body looks lovely.

2. Do you guys think Blue Fairies will become a standard?

3. I hope there will be basic Blue Fairies too, a whole new line would be so great, but this particular one is so beautiful and price is acceptable for a limited SD ! I like that eyes are 20 mm, her head should not be too small and the single joints are a must for me (double joint hater here ^^).
      I think I will rather wait for a white skin May Tiny Fairy though but I do know I will regret not ordering Your Diana ^^.

4. kanondreamer - It is possible that Bluefairy's new limited dolls come as a basic dolls later (like those pocket fairies pepper/sugar bodies which were preorder first but then you can now buy them too) so just have some patience ! :--D

The body kinda confuses me, it looks so much like tinyfairy's body but I can still see there are differences! XD
      I guess I am safe (barely!!), but when there will be more BlueFairies, someday I'll have one...! (are these SD's really called BlueFairies or did I misread something?)

5. Okay, safe, but only because SDs aren't really my thing. She sure is lovely though, I look forward to owner pics.

I think BF knows that they have the best white skin in the world and that we all wait like hawks for them to release ws dolls, lol.

6. I'm agreeing with Kim, these will look good with Volks SD's. ^^ Both are kinda big headed, I'm sure they'll fit fabulously in with your Volks gang. :D

I like the body, I hope the boobs look better in this size (I've found some clothing a bit difficult to make for TF blossom since, well the boobs are shaped like... uummm... pyramids?), hips are really nice. Single joints are not a problem for me, most of my favourite bodies, like Delf girl, have single joints and I do like them very much. I'm curious about the hands and wristballs as much as I'm interested to see the mechanics of their ankle balls too.

shibya, Yes, this line seems to be Blue Fairy. :D I find that really cute!

If I'd have the finances, I might fall for I am Diana set. But since I haven't I'll be waiting for the basics or some other molds. ^^ Jasmine, Gus and Louis based SD Blue Fairy would look more mature, different face up might also do the trick for Diana.

7. The price of this limited is prohibitive for me, but understandable. I'm interested to see what the basic price will be, and which heads they come out with next.

Its funny, the body does look just like a supersized MSD blossum body! the only difference that stands out to me is that the head is less large in comparison to the body for the SD version vs. the MSD version.

I wish they'd release more heads in thier 25/26ish cm line before releasing a whole new size. But perhaps the small size wasn't selling well.

8. Compare to the TF blossom body I think her hips seem to look a bit fuller? Could be photo illusion?
      I look forward to seeing owner pictures :D

9. Why oh why Blue Fairy has to have such chubby Volks alike body and baby face -[]-
      I personally prefer SD size with more mature looking.

And I'm super glad that Diana is May like, not Olive or Jasmine, or else I would go crazy and order Your Diana without having to think and completely broke for a few months. LOL
      I like May but May is not my most favorite, except for SF May which is unacceptably too cute to bare >w<

Hoping to see Olive and Jasmine like Blue Fairies soon, or maybe some brand new molds!

skyealloway : I think they should be releasing SF Connie pretty soon. Maybe along with some other new SFs.

10. I personally am incredibly pleased that the bodies are the way they are and their proportions seem like they are going to be in line with Volks dolls. Cause you know, large Volks collection, dolls need to look good together. It's a smart move by Bluefairy as their main market is Japan, which is a very hard market to crack because Volks owns it. Volks collectors buy Bluefairy dolls because they look good with Volks dolls and have the same feel to them. More realistically proportioned dolls don't do as well in Japan.

And I have to say, Volks dolls, for all that people call them child like and chubby, can look incredibly mature if you style them maturely. It really has nothing to do with how skinny a body is and entirely how you present them.

11. Kim : I understand what you mean, Kim. I've seen some Volks SD dolls whose owner face up and style them to look mature but they seem odd to me with chubby child like bodies especially when dress in fashion model like outfits. I adore SD doll with model long legs like Unoa Zero or SD16 XD

12. If you subtract the average price of the wig and shoes, along with the dress her price comes to 450-600. Im planning for her as of now!

13. I love them! But, since I am unsure about the white resin (don't have any white resin dolls in my collection), I'll probably wait until NS releases. I do want to try white resin, but will start with something smaller, like a pocket fairy or puki. I hope they release standard editions soon!

14. Blue Fairy white resin is utterly delightful, I just got a WS Jasmine and I can't get over how beautiful it is :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

15. Jane, could I bother you for a comparison picture between white and normal bluefairy resin, please? :)

16. Anna : Agreed with Jane. Bluefairy WS is very beautiful creamy color. Not flat white. Photographed beautifully.

Here is comparison pic.
      [​IMG]

17. turbow thank you for that! Ack and here I thought I was safe from this release! These Bluefairy SDs are right up my alley - I love the proportions and they'd fit right in with the rest of my SD girls, which all have bigger heads (Delfs, Volks Megu and CH Choa).

Forgot to ask, how does BF white resin age?

18. Anna : LOL. I'm safe for now till they release another molds I like better >.<"

19. Thank you Turbow that is a perfect photo :D

I hope to add a Misty Rose girl to my collection one day :)

20. Jane : MistyRose is easy to photograph but sadly I never saw Bluefairy released doll with this resin in their main site. So far, they only release doll with MistyRose resin for MinoruWorld and Sora*Iro.....