1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Fairies of Bluefairy - Bluefairy SD sized dolls Discussion

May 24, 2011

1. Kim, congratulations! Diana is pretty! :D

About the Mistyrose resin, there's been three dolls of that resin for sale in BF international site, Sleeping beauty May, Midsummer Night's Dreaming Xiao and Lin. If they'd make more in Misty, that'd be lovely! I would love to own Blue Fairy in that resin. I'm agreeing about the white resin, it is very pretty, some of my girls has this pinkish white tone which ages to a creamy pinkish tone. ^^ Very nice. <3

2. I can hardly believe it - I just ordered 'Your Diana'!!! My very first bjds were May and MiniMay in the 'Sweet Day May' set, and it just seems fitting that my first SD-sized doll be a Blue Fairy as well. I haven't ever even seen a SD-sized bjd in person, so I really really really hope she fits in with the rest of my crew all right.

Some of the reasons I had to get her: BF's Beauty White resin is gorgeous (I have a thing where I can't bond with a doll if the resin is off); I love the May sculpt; her body proportions seem nice (although her measurements are a bit thicker than Volks, which might prove unfortunate when looking for clothes); and her price (while still steep) is in my price range.

I had JUST decided two days ago that Volks Rinon was the perfect SD-sized doll for me and that I should order her by the end of June, when I fell head over heels in love with Diana... ug. I'll probably get Rinon eventually though (no rush since she's a standard), and hopefully they'll go well together :)

3. Congrats, Wickedgood! I was wondering if I was going to be the only one getting a set.

I have several different sizes of Volks girls, so I figure I'll have clothes that fit her from someone. I can't wait to do a side by side comparison of them all.

4. Congrats Kim && Wickedgood!!! I can't wait for pics :D

5. Jealous X)
      I think my friend is actually going to buy the dress, because she is lacking only $50 dollars. Doesn't that just suck? But yeah! Pictures!

6. Thanks guys :) Pics will definitely be forthcoming on my end - I am quite interested in seeing how she poses and how easy/hard it is to handle a 'big girl'. Oooo, Kim - I would be very interested to see comparisons with her and your Volks dolls (BlueFairy and Volks are my two loves), it would be most helpful for planning the future of my doll-family :D

7. Congratulations to those who ordered one of these lovelies. Unfortunately, I missed the ordering period because my cat gave me quite a scare and had to be taken to the ER. She's still not feeling well, though is getting better little by little. I completely forgot that Diana's ordering period was so short with all the stress and worrying the past few days. I am very much looking forward to seeing the pictures, though, and cannot wait until the standard versions are released so I can place my order.

8. Any updates on these dolls? I would love to see real life pictures and some next to other dolls such as volks.

9. Same! I want to see Diana too!

10. My Diana hasn't shipped yet, so I inquired on the Q&A section. I've not gotten a response yet, but I'm not worried. I'll share pics when she arrives :)

11. I've been keeping on eye on the Japanese blogs and I've yet to find anyone with a Diana yet. Looks like the big girls are taking their time to show up.

Which is course is terrible as I am one of those people who hates waiting and I want mine now lol

12. I know several of you were wanting to see pics - so I took a lot when opening my Diana :)

Box opening pic thread: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?460090-BlueFairy-Diana-*lots-of-pics*
      My Flickr (where I also posted some comparisons with my white-resin Sweet Day May from 2007): http://www.flickr.com/photos/10046874@N04/

Some thoughts:
      She's quite lovely. Love the size (so different from MSD and smaller). I was at first a bit disappointed that she isn't exactly May. Her mold is very BF-ish though, there's no mistaking her for any other company's doll. Her mouth has more of an overbite than May, and she reminds me a bit of Olive, albeit with teeth. Or perhaps a bit of Minoru World's Junior Minoru (again, except with teeth). Her resin is more pinkish than my May's (my May might have yellowed a bit with age, but I don't think her resin was ever this pink) but it still is pretty pretty beauty white and fits in nicely with my other dolls, including Volks pureskin.

Her wig is totally by Luts (it even has a tag from them). It's this one here: http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=3047

Her clothing is amazingly detailed and the bonnet fits much better than the one my May came with. The shoes are nice quality (and beige - yay! - I was wondering wtf I was going to do with a pair of bright white shoes, and beige is much more flexible of a color to coordinate with).

Her hands are soooo graceful, and I love that her nails aren't super long.

I think my biggest thing is getting used to her facemold. Changing out her eyes and trying out different wigs (she looks great in a dark brown Volks I plopped on her head) will probably help out. But I'm glad I got her, and I'm sure I'll 'bond' with her in good time :)

13. I took a few quick shots of Diana last night. She has really grown on me - I think shifting her eyes a bit and finding a wig that suits her has helped immensely. I've only found one other owner on the web with pics of her... I hope to find more - she's a super sweet doll! Also, I cannot believe I waited so long to get a SD-sized bjd... love this size! :D

[​IMG]

The rest of the pics are here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/10046874@N04/5995240494/in/photostream I'll have to take some more in better lighting and a different outfit soon.

14. She's beautiful! I am looking forward to BF releasing these girls as standards - I love the SD size and BF sculpts, so I will definitely be getting one. What size eyes do you use in her? 18mm?

15. I said it in the Tinyfairy thread, but ahhhh, I want these girls so much! *_* Alice and Diana are so beautiful!

16. Mmm. I like this new girl Alice. I prefer her over Diana.
      Is it just me, or these girls have rounder faces than their smaller counterpart? XD

17. Alice reminds me of Louis lol *-*

Yeh, I thought their heads look pretty roly poly.

I hope they will release some boys in this size soon.

18. Love it! These 60cm releases have long been awaited!

19. Diana has BIG eyessss @0@if she can has a slimmer and longer face to hold this pair of eyes..... I do like Alice more. Yesyes, she reminds me of Louis!

I want a Bluefairy badly but these two girls refuse to grow on me ;w;