1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Fairies of Bluefairy - Bluefairy SD sized dolls Discussion

May 24, 2011

1. Her sales thread is up! Eeeee!

I'm not sure what to think! She's so cute, but I do think her sculpt is better done/more balanced in the original TF size... But on the other hand... BIG MAY!!!!

2. Hey everyone, the September Limited Doll is a Blue Fairy-sized May Valentine!

The link is up, and the sale goes live on September 16 through September 18.

It looks like you cannot buy the outfit separately, but you can buy an extra with the doll. So if anyone’s going to buy BF May V... can I go in with you for the extra outfit? :eusa_pray

3. I'm really interested in her, but I wish there were a profile pic so I can check the proportions that way. She's so cute!

4. Ahhh big May V >-<
      I want to see a profile pic too. Big open eyed May's profile was a little strange.
      I'm going to try asking on the Q&A. But the order period is so short I hope they reply quickly.

5. Great idea, @mk13 ! Please let us know if they respond!

6. @bronzephoenix, they have replied, no new pictures but this is their response:
      Thank you for your interest our doll.
      Her profile is same this picture (https://bluefairyint.com/goods/images/20190705061108cont2.jpg)
      Because We only change BF May's eyehole.​

Not sure what to do now...I didn't like big May's profile in that picture.
      Did anyone here order big May? If so can someone please share some owner pics?

7. Ah! My Bluefairy May V shipped today! AHHHH! :D

8. Hello, everyone!

It's been a while since this thread has been active and now I can actively participate because I just ordered a Miley :D
      I was going to wait until next year, but with the changes announced by BlueFairy, I thought that it will be more difficult to get in the future.
      The only owner photos I've seen are from bronzephoenix, but I'd love to see more if anyone knows where I can find them.

Please show your dolls! I'd love to see the big Mays and Olives, or any other BlueFairy :)

9. hey all! did anyone order a blue fairy in the last order event? i'm finally getting my baked diana and i'm soooo excited!!! :D
      does anyone have any baked dolls in the BF size? all the ones i've ever seen are tiny fairies or pocket fairies (and some shiny fairies here and there). she also gonna be the first doll from bluefairy that i'm gonna give a fully custom faceup so i'm really excited and nervous for her to come blank...!
      i'm also curious if anyone know the best eye size for blue fairies, especially diana? :o

10. Bluefairy Alice Valentine, I am crying. I've always loved Alice, but I'm wary of the 1/3 Bluefairy eyewell issues/scaling up issues. My May Valentine came out a lot more manageable than my open eyed Miley, so now I'm swooning, lol! What to do!

11. i am 100% in favour of you getting one! i think she's gorgeous and i'd be mad jealous.
      i didn't know about the eyewell issues, what are they specifically? :O

12. I agree! For science, you should get her :thumbup

@mangameow i think the eye well issue is that the wells are not deep/round enough for the eyes to sit forward. So the eyes end up being weirdly deep in the head? if you have any dolls with smaller eye openings, you might already understand the problem— from certain angles, it looks like their eye sockets are empty :o

13. Essentially, BF doesn't "scale up" their 1/4 sculpts into 1/3 well. The faces get sort of... stretched in the upsizing process. The eye wells end up sort of... at an angle and too deep. I have a blog post about it here.

Here are pictures showing the 1/3 BlueFairy official image next to my personal photos of my 1/4 May and May V:
      [​IMG]

Note how 1/3 Mays' eyes are further from her nose compared to 1/4, and her eye feels almost... like, sideways?? At a different angle?

Here is a picture of my Miley, who is basically 1/3 Sarang, next to my 1/4 Sarang:
      [​IMG]

I carved resin out of Miley's eyewells so that these eyes could even go in, and there is STILL a gap. AND those are extremely high dome eyes that I specifically sought out and purchased for her, knowing that was my only hope to get some eyeballs in those wells! That's a lot of hoops to jump through and still have an eyegap.

There's a very real reason the dreaming 1/3 sculpts look better than the fully OE ones, in general. It has to do with the distortion of the eyes when the sculpt is sized up.

I still love both my 1/3 Miley and May V, however!

14. I didn't end up getting Alice, but here is my 1/3 May V.

15. She's gorgeous!! I will be receiving my Miley any day now, so excited!!

16. I'm seriously considering ordering Olive when her next order period opens up - but I would love to see owner pics, would anyone have received theirs yet?

And a request please : does anyone have one of these SD girls next to other dolls? I have a big headed Volks girl and am hoping Olive would make a good companion for her. I also have several 8-9 head sized SDs too so would be good to gauge how the will compare ^^

17. @bronzephoenix (sorry for the extremely late reply LOL) thank you for all that information! very good info there, very interesting. i wonder if they use 3d scanning to upscale their dolls? i've heard that that can create proportion issues if the actual facial features aren't modified a little bit. it doesn't bother me much in the end, i suppose i could always find someone to mod her eyewells and send her to get custom shaped eyes if push comes to shove..?

@melodian-calling i have a few other SD girls i could put my new girl next to! i've got an f60, a dollchateau SD, a doll love head on a sd10 girl body, an april story junior girl, and two volks boys (well three if you count heads) that i can throw up next to each other but i'll have to find the energy to haul everybody out and i'm very tired so it won't be today LOL
      i think they'd make a good match for friends, especially depending on the volks sculpt, one of the first things i thought when i pulled my new girl out of her box today was "oh jesus she's as heavy as a volks doll!" LOL. their newer bodies are a tiny bit more slender than their older ones i think, but if covered in clothes i think it's negligible.

anyway, some pics of my new girl, my tan diana!!!! :D
      i don't have a name for her 100% decided yet, but i've been thinking about calling her "June", what do you guys think..? :oa
      her eyes, wig, and clothes are temporary, but she's sooooo pretty ;;<3
      she's on the lap of two of my tiny fairies, fiat and aki LOL
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

plus this adorable note they sent me! ;w;
      [​IMG]

there's a few more pics
      but there's mostly the same, but they're there if you want.

i wanna get her a wig with dreads or braids but idk where to get one that's the style i have in mind. u__u;

18. She's amazing, congratulations!!!
      I think June suits her :D