1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueBlood Doll Discussion

Apr 5, 2009

1. I like silver and as much as I would like to get him, I really can't at the time.

What do they mean by standard limited?

2. It appears that they mean all 100 (or 50, in Draven's case) will not be in stock all at once, and that there will be a lag in delivery time sometimes? But they seem pretty solid about the "only 100 ever" bit of being limited.

I'm in a reverse situation, Allegra. I can afford him right now, but would only be interested in the body, and would probably only have the head hanging around as a floater. Personally, I am by *no* means certain that I would get a Blue Blood - I am waiting till some information comes back about their resin type and color matching - but I'm sure there'll be plenty of DoA'ers who could arrange a split with you, if you'd be interested in Silver's head only.

I *wish* they'd update with some non-faceup'd shots, and some comparison shots of this resin to other companies' resin, because if it matches Crobidoll? I'm *SO* there. I also think they could get far by selling only the body, or only the head... It's so pretty - not quite as nice as Crobidoll's R-Line, but still quite gorgeous, and since they're a US maker there won't be customs (at least for me ;) ), and they've included the tax too.... It would be just too good to be true.

Nightengale

3. I'm in the same basic situation of not being certain, although I haven't ever been certain of any doll.
      Haha, I was thinking the same thing about the crobidoll body earlier I like the way it looks more.

4. I also want to know what kind of resin they use. The boys have a very soft, almost transparent glow that reminds me of french resin, but if it is infact urethane I'm very interested :) They are lovely boys and I like their size and body sculpt, especially their hands which is a huge focus point for me.

Waltz seems to be the rally favorite and I have to say he's the one that caught my attention too :)

I think what I like most about the bodies is the waist joint. Many boy dolls now have the double segment body (with an undie-crease joint and a right-under-the-moobs joint), but these ones have a single, midpoint joint very similar to the Volks boys. I also like the double joint in the elbows, its very discreet.

..Did anyone else see their little rumps? So frickin cute :fangirl:

5. I think you're right about the "limited standard" interpretation, nightengale. :daisy That would make sense!

As a Californian, I am very happy that an extra 9.25% sales tax wouldn't be tacked on (why yes, it did just get raised by 1% :|). I'm looking forward to seeing bigger pics of the heads wihout makeup too. ^^

Most companies do not provide resin matching info unless they only sell heads, and these are being sold only as full dolls. So I kinda doubt that Medusa will have much info on resin matching for us, unless she happens to have access to BJD's she can use for comparison. ^^; It shouldn't be too hard to find out if they match Crobi resin or not though! Crobi is very very close to Volks resin, and Volks dolls are quite common. ;) I'd love to be able to put one of them on a Crobi M-line body, since their height is the one thing making me hesitate in buying them. I want a TALL boy for my girl, lol. xD

6. The joints look so good...

Damn it. Must. Avoid. Temptation.

Did anyone order yet? I want to wait for owner pictures. I'm glad they're doing this limited/standard thing because I don't want to dive in just yet.

7. All I can say is that I really want Waltz. He is a perfect match for my character Kotir (I linked to all three dolls and told my friends to pick out Kotir, they all picked Waltz like me xD)

Fingers crossed I get this job on monday so that I can get one

8. i bought waltz. we will see ^^

9. Oh, Tosh, please please post pictures of comparison as soon as you get your lovely lovely boy home! I am so eager to find out how the Blue Blood holds up against the others... :D

*goes off to do more research* Always research. I am new, so of course I've got a long way to go, but I feel like even when I've been doing this for years, I'll still have questions... :|

10. I was totally captivated by Waltz, and it does look like that he's the popular choice! I'm not surprised, he does look good! <3 But I'm sad that I won't be able to buy him cause I haven't raised enough money. At this rate, all 100 of him will be gone. D; Hope for re-release if they sell out! >__<

EDIT: More info~

Kind of excited to see what new thing will come out next now!

11. yea, i'll do. is my first doll so im soo curious to see how my Toshino (his future name :)) will be.
      then i wanted to ask, can someone give me some clothes, wig shops url's where i can buy things for this doll? im new so i don't know so many places and what could be good for him. ty!:aheartbea

12. Congrats, Tosh! Waltz is a great choice for your first. :D Did you order him with makeup? ^^

I'd suggest dollmore.net and eluts.com as good starting points for clothes and such, and cancan-jseries.net and jpopdolls.net are a couple of my favorite wig shops. Ebay is also a great place to get BJD stuff! :)

13. I'm very impressed with the body. I wish Silver was the one with Elf ears-I think his narrower face is more elfy.

Good thing I'm broke at present or both he and Waltz would be mine.

14. yea with makeup (for now :P)
      ty for the suggestions!
      i found at dollheart a nice outfit and i bought allready, and shoes and wig. (i love blonde) i hope will fit him! i wanted teh stuff coming before the doll lol so at least i have something to put on him.
      i wonder how long time will take to have all the stuff from oversea.:|

15. Dollmore is really fast, in my experience :) Customs might take some time but usually their shipping is quite quick.

16. I can second that! I just made my first order from them on the 26th, and today (the 27th) I got an email saying that my package is already shipping!

I also recently ordered from Sunny's World, and she said that I could expect the package in my hands in 3 to 4 weeks. That's slower than I was hoping for, but I suppose it's okay because she's making the pants for my boy on-demand. Thank goodness for that.

Even though I didn't go for the Blue Blood body this time around, I'm still keeping him in mind for later/eventually. I'll be interested to see what people say about it once they get ahold of him and try him out in the next months! :)

17. These are the pics of Waltz with face up that I've just finished for one customer.
      He left me this morning to a new home.><

[​IMG]

(These pics are used with the permission of my customer.)

18. Beautiful work, Medusa!

19. I totally adore their body <3
      I hope to be able to get it (or full doll) at the next releases :)!

20. Agghhhh curse my lack of money. T_T He's absolutely gorgeoussss. I love the joints on the body! It's a totally new thing to me, actually. xD; I really do want him, though I'm 200$ short. Hehe, -sigh- =___= Curse slow saving rate. I have decided, he will be mine.. someday! D: .. <333 I love you Medusa~ >u<