1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueBlood Doll Discussion

Apr 5, 2009

1. yay just ordered Vampire skin Valentine cannot wait to havehim home may i pretty please ask for Valentine spam? or some heigh comparsion pictures with 68cm girls? <3

2. I haven't really dragged Ryzel and Quin out for a while but I like this photo of the 2 of them together.
      [​IMG]

3. Looks like the link was broken for my picture&#8230;removed the dead link.

Commenting on below: congrats to Ssapdra! Hopefully you'll update the thread with a new pic.

4. *Happy dance* my vampire skin Valentine just arrived ^^ im soo happy with him and love him madly already now i just need to make him some more decent clothes and wig and face up so i can introduce him

5. [​IMG]

Thought I'd share! This is Lio, BBD Valentine. I purchased him from a member here for my birthday last month. :) I'm still figuring him out.. I don't intend to keep his eyes purple and I don't think he really suits as a blonde... He's very unique (which I love) and I'm finding him a challenge as he seems shy. But he's a GORGEOUS poser and I love the feel of his resin. Totally considering another BBD in the (not too distant) future. :)

6. Yeah another Valentine! If blond doesn't work&#8230;what are you considering for him? And I totally agree&#8230;there is a shyness about the sculpt. I tried to make mine all feisty and he just looked like he was doing a bit of cosplay. Hope you enjoy your boy. I wish the company would get more love. Medusa is awesome.

7. I must've gotten the aberrant Valentine sculpt then as there's nothing shy about Ryzel. Sensual? Oh my, yes. Predatory erotic? You bet. Shy? Not even if he tried his hardest. Granted, he is an Incubus and shyness really isn't in his nature.
      [​IMG]

8. Lol&#8230;Iron Dog&#8230;yep, I think you have, at least of the Valentines I've seen on the board. It's funny how dolls can seem to decide what character they want to be.

9. Annnnd I just realized that I posted the same photo a few posts above *head desk*. Even when he's chillin' with Quin and their grandson, Ferrous, he still ends up looking sensual and he's not even trying then. I would like to get him a new face-up (that's a slightly tweaked default by Medusa) and if I do, I think it'll only... enhance the problem of him looking like the Incubus he is. Not that it's a bad thing....
      [​IMG]

10. Iron Dog- WOW. Your Valentine totally has a much less shy look, that's amazing! I was at first thinking maybe it was the eyebrows but I don't think it is... Amazing how they can all look different despite being the same sculpt.

As for mine, I'm not sure what to try next. I might try a different blonde wig, it might be the style of this one that doesn't suit him. I'm considering wiping his face up and doing something else and seeing if that changes how look he can sport. He came with a very soft strawberry blonde wig that looks really nice on him in terms of colouring. But it needs to be styled, I can't see his eyes when he's wearing it and that kind of bugs me. I like to see their eyes. XD He's got loads of potential. I absolutely love the sculpt and the weight of him. He poses so nicely! And the resin is so silky soft. ;)

11. I'm always amazed at how you can have the same sculpt end up looking so different depending on how they are styled.

I was quite pleased when I first got my boy. The resin is lovely and he's quite the solid stander/poser. It was a bit of strange coincidence with this pair, too, in that Quin is a Jeidoll Ashford and I got him before Ryzel and from a different place considering that Medusa is now in a dealer/partnership with Jeidoll. I quite like her GenX boy, Nile, and I'm fortunate that the character he is isn't demanding to come home (because, I'd of course need to buy his lovers, too, who are identical twins and all that would KILL my wallet well into next year).

Dolls are an addiction, I tell you.

12. [​IMG]

13. Hello...

I'm new here, but I would love to join the conversation.
      I have a vampire-skin Valentine as well (I got him last year August, so he's almost a year old.)
      I'm trying to learn how to do my own face-ups but I have to agree with other Valentine-parents: he does have a bit of a doe-eyed look. (I think the only way to off-set that is to draw in strong, powerful eyebrows like Iro
      n Dog's Ryzel. I'm not nearly that good yet. I'd appreciate any sort of feedback you can give me!
      [​IMG]
      This is my boy, his name is Remiel (named after the Angel of Mercy), but friends and family have been calling him "Remi" for short. I'm building and furnishing his "apartment" right now and I've got a new coat coming in for him that's already in the mail. I can't wait!

14. Funny enough, I've just sent Ryzel out for a new face-up by Angel Toast (she's done probably 75% of my dolls). I'm very excited to see what she does with him based on the reference photo I sent her. His slot is for July so I likely won't have him back home until mid-August.

15. Is that right...?
      You've got to post photos of him after you get him back, then. That way we'll get to see if it really all lies in the eyebrows. Maybe Angel Toast will prove my theory wrong!

16. Angel Toast is an amazing face-up artist and I highly recommend her. I will certainly post pictures when I get him home.

17. That's great to know!
      I did Remi's face-up myself, but I know I am nowhere nearly as good as some artists out here. I'm hoping to be able to get into the Marketplace in the future to hunt down a good artist to do Remi's face. I'll definitely keep Angel Toast in mind!

18. I've been very happy with her work. If you want to see some examples of her work on my boys, you can PM me and I can throw some links at you. She's done face-ups for me as well as a full-body painting and a leg mod.

19. @ Iron_Dog: That sounds like a wonderful idea! I would love to see what she's done for you (and I'd love to see more photos of your boys in general.) I'll be PM-ing you in one bit... the moment I figure out how to do it...

20. I still have my Vampire Draven bought from a member here. I know your pain with having a blonde character and the color doesn't suit the doll. I'm looking at getting an ombre wig to balance out the differences, but he really seems to prefer a dark color... Maybe my vampire experiments with hair dye XD