1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueBlood Doll Discussion

Apr 5, 2009

1. really? As compared to what? I think they are quite reasonable.

2. I agree - especially if you are buying internationally. I am in New Zealand, and the fact that the doll I want with faceup and shipping is just over $500 is really great for me!!

My partner is currently thinking that he wants to get Waltz for me for christmas or our 2 year anniversary. Heres hoping!!

3. I am in the US. I thought the entire package was VERY reasonable - I got wigs and eyes and clothes and shoes, reasonable shipping (and incredibly quick!). The quality is superb and the engineering of the joints is very attractive. I wish all my resins were like this, and I will be interested to see how it (the resin) ages.
      I want a female Blueblood now! and a tan one! Ack!

4. I have ordered clothes and shoes from Blueblood and everything was top quality. I really don't see where you could get a nicer full set for those prices.

5. My Waltz arrived yesterday, and he's pure perfection. These boys are great. The double joints are going to take some getting used to, but I also know that I'm going to love them.

6. Congratulations Mileebert! What did you get to go with him? I love their combo deals - a great way to start with some clothes and shoes and a wig.

And I love Waltz - the engineering design on his body is aethetically VERY pleaseing.

Waltz tried on new wigs from 4D last night and I swear his personality completely changes with a wig change.

Waltz also got new boots (not 4D):

[​IMG]

In the pic above he is wearing the long silvergray wig and a black vest from Blueblood (on the latter, I removed the studs and replaced them with buttons), a stretchy top and tights (I had made for my Lishe - he also wears her jeans quite well, but they are low riders), an embellished felt hat, and boots made by me.

I just got boots from 4D for SD13 and they fit him like a glove.

Anyway, enjoy your new guy - I have been lusting after a Valentine but I am saving for Amsterdam (no, it is not a new bjd!)

7. Thanks, Pamdora! I actually bought him on the marketplace, but ordered the bluejeans outfit with the white jacket from BlueBlood. I must say, I love their clothes. I can already tell that he's going to be a big shopper!

Your boy looks great, he seems to really enjoy getting all dressed up!

8. The clothing and shoes I have gotten from Blueblood are really top quality (and fit my Elfdoll boys to a t)

9. I've been lusting after Waltz for a while, though Valentine is gorgeous as well...the only problem is the fact that these dolls *do* ship from the US! Canadian Customs taxes packages from the US much more regularly than from other countries, so if I ordered, he'd be guaranteed to be taxed at full value. But I do have an uncle in the States, so should I ever go to visit him again remotely son (unfortunately, he's on the opposite coast, so we don't see each other often), I may just cave and order one of those lovely boys to have sent to him, so I can bring him home myself!

10. Trisana, ask Medusa to mark the package Made In The USA. We have a free trade agreement with the United States. My Valetine got stopped in customs and all I paid was the GST and a small customs handling fee. It was not at all an unreasonable amount. I don't remember exactly what the amount was, but it was under $40, probably closer to $30.

11. Six months in and so sad.....I'm giving up my first boy, my Waltz, Judas.

I think what killed it was looking at doll photography.....as gorgeous as they are, Blueblood boys are rather unrealistic :(

12. London, I was trying to reply to your post and my writing got eaten by the etherworld.
      I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with Judas - I have enjoyed your posts on him.
      I love Waltz for a number of reasons, some of which I didn't know until I got him. I am surprised that these dolls are not more popular - I wonder if it is the resin does not match a lot of the other dolls out there - is it french resin? I wonder how it will age. I love the translucence of it.
      The sculpt is so versatile. Someone said that they were all the same sculpt only painted differently. I can see that. He is somewhat of a chameleon. Every wig changes his personality, but I love him in the long gray wig I got from BB.
      The jointing on the body is so beautifully done. He poses wonderfully.
      I love that he can wear some of the clothes I have made for the Lishe that resides here - jeans, shirts, are shared. I haven't made him wear a dress yet.
      His feet are the same size as some of the larger female bjds, and I've used him for fittings for boots that I have made for doll friends.
      I really want a Valentine and a Silver - holding out hope for a tan doll. If Medusa follows through with a female, I am definitely getting one - the quality is outstanding.
      I am sure you will find a buyer. good luck in your selling and search.

13. Bunnychan, your Silver is breathtaking. I love the way you have styled him. Those eyes are mesmerizing.

14. Dear Pamdora,

The resin of BlueBlood Doll is not French resin.

The resin that we use for all our dolls is called environment friendly resin and it comes from Canada. Though this resin is not an anti-UV resin it has a better UV resistant property to slow down the yellowing process.
      Before I started to manufacture my dolls last year, I spent several months looking for a resin for my dolls. And I finally chose and use this resin from Canada for all my dolls because I think its quality is among the best when I compared it to other resin samples that I got from my agent. I like its smooth and resilient texture as well as the slight translucence appearance which I think gives will the doll a more lively look.

The reason that we are not very popular is that we sell our dolls only through our own website or ebay, we don't sell through dealers. Selling through different dealers has a big advantage and will make our dolls gain more popularity because people could see our dolls more often when they visit different BJD sites and stores. It will make a big difference. But due to our current situation, it is not possible for us to do so mainly because the cost of our dolls are too high. The reason is that we order our dolls in a very small quantity each time so we got charged a higher premium compared to other BJD companies, and also all our dolls are delivered to us by Express Delivery Service after they're done and that's another high cost we have to bear. Because of the small quantity of dolls, there's no other options for the dolls manufacturer from oversea to ship the dolls to us except using Express Delivery Service carriers like DHL or Fedex. And for these reasons, we have a tigher margin and we are not able to sell our dolls to other dealers which will lower our margin even further.

We had been contacted by dealers from US, Europe, Australia and even Japan and asked if we want to sell our dolls through their websites. Though it is very tempting and I feel so grateful for their invitations because they are very big dealers, it is not possible for us to do that because of the high cost of our dolls and also the tiny inventory that we have in stock. But we are eagerly looking forward to sell through these dealers once BlueBlood Doll get more traction and becomes a little bit bigger and stronger in size. :)

Thank you all for viewing this long message.

15. Thank you so much, Medusa, for taking the time to write and educate us a bit about your process. The dolls are truly wonderful and I am so impressed with them. You have done wonderful work.

And, environmental resin! now I have another reason to ladd to why I love him!

16. Thank you so much Pamdora! And I deeply appreciate and thankful for the support as well as words of encouragment from my customers. Thank you all for being so nice to me. :)

17. Thank you for such a nice compliment! I'm glad people like him! :D

18. Medusa, you make an amazing product and your customer service is absolutely second to none. You make us all feel like we're the only customer in the whole world. You are such a sweetheart to all of us! I just love my Valentine, and at least part of that is because his resin is so amazing. I thought it was French Resin too, so thanks very much for the correction and the in depth explanation.

19. Tekenduis. Aw...You guys are soooooooooo nice! Thanks a million! :)

20. Medusa, I don't have one of your boys yet but I think they are just lovely, and I look forward to ordering my Silver very soon, I'm only allowed (by myself) to have a set number of incoming. I love the idea of the resin, and the sculpts are really nice, they all have a captivating anime about them. It was very hard to decide on Silver, but the lips always get me in the end.