1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie 60cm Apollo discussion

Oct 5, 2007

1. oooooo I have a Weylin coming, and these threads have been most helpful! He should be here on Monday or Tuesday, so I will have pics shortly. I know he isnt an Apollo, but I have not found any WEylin discussions so far.

2. EEK~ I can't wait till my boy ships! Probably tomorrow or the day after <3

What's the estimated time between shipping and arrival? I live in the US...

3. Apollo and Weylin have an identical body! So honestly, this thread should be about both. But yeah, there really isn't a thread dedicated to either like there are threads for Bobobie minis.

Once he ships, he should make it home within 5-10 business days. It seemed like my Trez shipped and that he arrive just 3 days later LOL So it will be generally fast. Be wary though, Bobobie somtimes fogets to notify of shipping and your boy might pop up on you suddenly :)

4. Again: EEEEK! :whee: It would be GREAT to have him just randomly show up! :D

5. I was wondering if any Apollo owners know how to get him to bend his arm fully without propping his hand on his head or clothing? Like to do something like push his glasses up, or will I have to hold it there and use camera angles to not see my fingers?

6. I would say that you should wire and suede his arms. When I had Trez wired, he could do that sort of thing, but the wire wore out (bent too much) and I love my floppy cuddles, so I never did it again.

7. Ollie is skinny as hell, but SD clothes fit him. I just use a safety pin to hold them up. *laughs* I love him, I love the way he poses and the way he looks. The Apollo is an amazing first doll to get, and like the poster above he's amazing for cuddles! :D

[​IMG]

This is Ollie. :)

8. I was looking on the different doll sites for cheaper male dolls (I want to design clothes and I already have a female) I happened to come across Apollo (http://www.bobobie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=114) on bobobie.com I really like him from what I see and wanted him taller than my female (He's 60.7cm she's 58cm, not a big difference, but good enough for me! ^.^)

I was wondering if there's anything I need to know about him, anything you might have noticed, didn't like, etc. He's a great price and it makes me a bit more suspicious of his quality. He seems just what I want, but I'm still unsure. Any reassurances?

Thanks!
      ~ Rave

9. From what I've heard/read, Bobobie dolls are good quality. The price is great, I wish they had more pictures though.

10. Also, Bobobie and Resinsoul are sister companies. since you already have an RS doll, you can expect Bobobie dolls to be around the same quality, though IMO, RS dolls are better engineered.

11. I just got my second Apollo! My first was WS and now I got a NS. I just love them both! One has been sueded and the other is floppy for cuddles. I want to get a blue one then I am done. Really.
      [​IMG]

12. Apollo is a very nice sculpt for a really nice price. He's basically my favorite Bobobie male. Actually, I find a lot of their male dolls to look a bit scary...Lol, except Weylin, of course. But really, the two are like brothers. He is really skinny, which bothers me sometimes, but it's alright. He's super attractive and has a lot of expression. =3 My only issue with him and Bobobie is that they come so floppy. I'm a bit too weak to tighten his strings too, though really I think that he just needs to be restrung with a newer string. I'm a little sad, I notice that there isn't very much going on in this thread. It seems kind of dead. =/ Awww...Well, I'll share a picture of my boy. In case anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

I adore him very much. =3 He actually looks content there. Usually he looks pretty emo and reserved.

13. I love him! He is very cute. Thanks for posting him!

14. The thread is dead and I don't know why. The Apollo sculpt is my favorite. In fact, out of 9 dolls, he is my only SD. I love him so much. I did have to restring Trez when he got home. Very floppy indeed. Once I have a chance I'll post pics of my boy. I just got him a new wig.

15. Hey! I'm also planning to purchase an Apollo this year! I've been shopping around for a few dolls and my fiancee and I have pushed aside a small budget for BJDs (and his Warhammer miniatures...he's so cute) so I wanted to get a MSD and an SD before the end of the year (I want to get into making doll clothing). Bobobie and Resinsoul seem to have lovely dolls at a ridiculously affordable price! When I saw Apollo, I was just floored...the pic of him on the BBB website is staggering. He's a lovely sculpt! The only thing I don't like is that his neck is so scrawny and makes his head look like a melon. Apollo is gorgeous though, and I plan on bringing one home after I purchase my RS Mei! Going to name him Laird. He seems to look best (imo) in short spiky mohair wigs...such a stud!

16. My NS Apollo (Ivan) is trying on a fur wig.. I think he looks adorable in it!
      [​IMG]

17. Trying to breathe life it to this thread but I think we have a flat line...
      [​IMG]

18. Yeah, it's pretty depressing. But uh, we can keep trying! I went to a doll convention this weekend and I had planned to take Alex, but while I was dressing him, he just flopped backwards (needs new strings, of course) and I decided not to take him because I knew he'd flop all over. Turns out it was a good choice to not take him though, because carrying around my MSD was hard enough...not to mention that I came home with an SD Ringdoll...

However, Apollo is an amazing sculpt for a nice price. I'm not fond of many of Bobobie's dolls, but there are a few that are pretty spiffy. He's slightly hard to dress, because he's so scrawny, but he's worth it.

19. I'm bumping this, 'cause, damn it all, Bobobie Apollos need love too! <3 ^_^'
      I'm gonna prove that these dolls are so so stunning when done right.
      And I hope foolbot is okay with me spamming with her work, 'cause it's just beautiful and goes to show just how gorgeous BBB Apollos can be.

Spam1!:
      http://caw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d216h5p

Spam2!:
      http://caw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1e4nlw

Spam3!:
      http://caw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d22z5j4

I am like, enamoured with her work at the moment. >///< <3
      I wouldn't dare think twice about commissioning her (if and when she opens commissions again, of course. Hehehe.)