1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie 60cm Apollo discussion

Oct 5, 2007

1. ahh i;m so tempted to get him!!!
      he'll be my first ever doll!!
      *runs and waves arm around*

2. Like crap. I have an Apollo. Due to the fact that he hasn't double joints in his arms his elbow movement is limited. He cannot bend his legs all the way, and his feet do not point. His hands don't angle very much due to his sleeve arm. If I were you I'd get a RS body and a BBB Apollo head.

3. What size clothes does he wear?Is he a good doll?What size shoes does he wear?And is his default make up good?I want a kind of dark eyelid cause my doll will be light tan.Can I ask them to do it custom made,and how much will it cost?:?He will be my very first doll,and on the picture he is so cute:DIs he as gorgeous in person? Is he worth paying for? please help he'll could be my very first doll!:)

4. I love the Apollo doll, as for his look you can always Email Dennis and see what he can do for you, as for pictures, you can use the search option at the top of the page and look for him under the Galleries section, there are several people on this board that have him, as for clothing, it depends, most SD pants are a bit big for the Bobobie boys, I have a Weylan and I love him to death! he is my #1 doll, and he was also my first one as well. SD shirts work great for him but as for pants, it's a hit or miss. if you know how to sew, you can always take the pants in at the waist line. for shoes, I like Mimiwoo shoes, almost all fit great, and she has a great selection for a good price. she also sells pants, and shirts. if you have any other questions PM me here and I can help you out on Bobobie dolly's I have several from all different sizes. I love that company and would like to help you as much as I can.

Rowen! <3

5. I own three Apollo's, so I may be a little biased when I say they are a nice doll. These threads were really helpful to me before I bought mine, and they can be found in the General Discussion-Larger Doll section:
      Here's all about BBB Apollos
      And here's some more info about BBB's larger dolls
      You can probably find more specific info if you use the search function at the top of the screen.

And to answer some of your questions, his default make-up is nice but just a little on the plain side (not that colorful/detailed). You can get a custom face-up if you email Bobobie, but I don't know the cost. Bobobies are nice quality dolls, the only problem is their stringing is a bit loose. That can be easily fixed, though. My Apollo's wear 1/3 sized clothing quite well. They are a little skinny, but fit well in the clothes I bought from Sunny's Wonderful World on eBay. Here's some owner pictures in the Apollo database and there are some lovely tan boys. Hope this helps :)

6. Anyone buy one recently? I'm getting back into the hobby and I've always been partial to Apollo. Posing pics and non-default face-ups would be great to see!

7. Getting a second hand Apollo in the next two days! Very excited, he will be a perfect partner for my Dollzone Orlando.

8. Bobobie apollo has been my dream doll for a while...and now i'm stalking owners.

9. Owner stalking phase....that means you are getting close. Did you get him yet?
      I just snapped a pic of this poor chap. I haven't picked him up in 2 years...:atremblin
      [​IMG]

10. Well almost perfect timing. I pulled out my Morgan (Apollo) earlier today and did a little work with him. I added to his faceup and tried my hand and facial hair for the first time. It was too late and not enough light to get pics, but there will be pics of him tomorrow. I am quite proud of what I have done with him. As far as standing...mine stood like a champ right out of the box.

11. So here he is. standing all by himself, with new facial hair!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Is this thread still active?? I ask because I hope to get an Apollo after May and wanna see if there are anymore apollo people still out here.

13. I still have mine. Still one of my favorite sculpts!

14. Does yours still have his body or did you change his body out to the gang body?

15. 2 of them have the original body and one has a Souldoll Vito body.

16. Do you like the original body??

17. I just got a Bobobie Apollo and I'm thankful for the questions and answers posted here. Thank you all so much.

18. It's OK. I don't love it. They stand pretty good but are not great posers. The Resinsoul body poses better.

19. Hello everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle and would love some help.

First off, I have wanted one of these dolls for at least a year, maybe even two. With one failed promise that got my hopes up, then nearly crushed my dreams. Well I am so close now, like days, that I can finally order one of these dolls. For a while now I have had my sights set on a Resinsoul Rong. I like that she is double jointed. I like her sculpt. She was the one I had planned on getting. But here is my problem....I was trolling the dealer sites and came across the Bobobie Apollo. Honestly I have only had Barbies and Monster High sized dolls ( with the exception of the giant my barbie) I thought the Rong might feel a bit big to handle so I never really thought about getting an SD sized doll. But now I am not so sure. I wasn't really wanting to get a guy doll ( even though most of my characters are guys) but I really love apollo's sculpt. I also wanted to eventually get whatever doll I choose jointed hands. Which looks likes it works better for the SD size. My other thing is I wanted to make clothing for the doll. So a larger doll would prob work out better. I really love the "ball" joints that Apollo has too. I know its an age old question weather to get an SD or MSD size. This is all mostly my indecision. But I really could use some help in laying out the pros and cons of the two dolls (the Bobobi Apollo and Resinsoul Rong) there are things I like and dislike about both. But I just don't know. The Bobobie body looks a bit shiny to me as opposed to the ResinSoul. I don't really like that. But I guess if he has clothes on you would never be able to notice. Sorry for this crazy long, somewhat scattered post lol. I am excited and nervious all at the same time and its all just coming out. So bare with me please.