1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Christmas Doll: 50cm Luna doll

Nov 25, 2008

1. i really like the idea, but i think there should be some changes as well:

i like some smaller boobs not much smaller but just abit so it's more natural this looks like some inplants..
      no abs, she has a bit of a tummy and abs make no sence with that i kinda ruin s the look of the body making it look odd, i had to look at it several times to figure out what was making it so wierd, and add maybe some ribcage form like the photoshop picture above, other than that really nice, i can even live with the big boobies...
      the arms need to be shorter and the hands also and the arms look like thin sticks so some more curves and meat in the arms,
      if you change those things i really think she will be perfect..
      i hope you are making a 60 cm version of this body too...
      lamira

2. I really like her. I agree that the hands seem large, but I wouldn't change much more. Everything doesn't have to look perfectly natural. I love her abs and face especially.

3. She looks like a fairy, I like her even as is, (boobs too, no miracle bra for her, she would look awesome in a corseted dress or bustier)
      but the abs do look better in Cheshiretiffy's modded pic. I hope she has option hands, long fingers are cool but they look a little big, the length of the fingers gives a stiff immobile look which detracts from her awesome body joints.

I look forward to seeing her with a faceup.

4. I like the doll, but her lips are so tight, they arent full and generous they look so tight like she is angry ;D But she's beautiful I can't wait to see everyone's when they produce her!

5. I rather like the torso- I like how it's curvy. And the boobs are OK, but it would be nice if at some point in the future there could be an optional chest with smaller breasts. Seems like there are always only two options for BJDs- very large DD breasts, or none at all. Would be nice to have a realistic "B" cup bosom. Mainly the only big problem I see is with the hands. They are too large and long and have no expression. But other than that I think she is really nice and I can't wait to see her with face-up and wig, etc. I hope you can fix the hands and then she will be a very sweet doll.

6. I do agree with this. I think she'd probably look just fine in the tummy with the abs removed.
      [​IMG]
      Actually, that's pretty cute.

I'd have a feild day modding that torso as it is, though. Modding really is my favorite aspect of the doll hobby.

I do like her face and as far as Bobobie bodies go, this one is a step-up despite its flaws.

7. I really love the body shape (despite the silly abs :lol: ) but I absolutely hate the face >__>
      I agree on the hands, that they should be a tad shorter, but otherwise I think she's great. her boobs are perfect :)

8. To me, it seems like the forearm is a bit too long. The hands seem too big, and as others have mentioned, lacking expression. They look like they've been stretched out...oddly elongated. Also, it's kinda weird looking for a sculpt to have such muscular abs, but nothing else is muscular. I think she looks much better without the abs. The breasts I don't have any issue with, I think they'll look just fine when she's clothed. I really like the head sculpt and would love to see it with a face up.

I look forward to seeing what the finished product looks like. :D

9. Yes, I wish they could offer optional chest types as well. I imagine the shape of her breasts will look good under a layer of clothing but like this they does look as if they have inplants. I agree with blackeyeliner though about her having a great bust for a corset. :3

10. Hmm I like the abs actually, maybe its because Im a fitness fanatic ;D Her forearms are a bit long now that you mention it!!

11. I really like her, and it's nice to see a different size -- it seems like everything is always getting taller and taller, so it's great to see some go the other way. Her body is very stylized, but I like it. I do really like stylized dolls--the style of the headsculpt just needs to match the style of the body sculpt, and I think it does here. It would be nice to see some pics from other angles (I could get a better idea of what her bust looks like if she were also pictured from the side).

12. I'm all for a doll with abs, too, but only if they're properly placed.

13. If a doll is going to have abs she needs to have a body to go with it. You wouldn't have super defined abs (oddly placed to boot) and scrawny arms, and fully hips with a tiny belly. I love abs, and a cute little belly is nice, just not together.
      She looks like a woman who had really small boobs then got implants that her skin didn't fit over. That should be easy to fix with some extra resin around them to smooth them in better.
      The arms are super thin with huge hands which makes her look really odd and even more proportionally off.
      I think the head looks like a default obitsu 1/3 head with some eyeholes added, I really don't like the head at all.

If the doll was muscular all over and had the abs in the correct spot I would buy her body in a heart beat. Just personal view, some people love her.

14. I dunno without the abs she looks sortof average. I don't think I like her as much.

Honestly I think she looks somewhat alien and it works for me.

15. If they offered an immature version I'd be all over this doll - 50cm would make a great pre-teen doll! Even mature, I'm not a fan of the boobs, they're kinda...overround, I think.

But I would love an option of small or large bust.

16. When I saw this doll, I immediately thought that she might be great for a character of mine that has been really hard to doll, partially because she's the right height scale to SDs for the character, she's beautifully thin enough for the tiny character, and she'd be so much fun to mod!

I showed her to my roommate, but she couldn't see it, since there was no face... or eyes... or wig. So I attacked Photoshop!

[​IMG]

So I think she'll be adorable, once completed... I'm looking forward to this doll!

17. The arms and hands are very out of proportion- the forearms are so skinny. They look stretched out, or like sticks, and her hands are very large for her body. The part where her arms and shoulder merge into her chest is missing the smoothness- there's musculature there, and it doesn't dip in that severely.

Abs are up way too high- and those are abs, NOT ribs. Ribs don't even join past the breastbone. There would be a gap between the ripples if those were ribs. The entire torso seems a bit elongated to me, and too sunken in, which looks very odd contrasted with her hips and lower tummy.

If you're going to go for a more muscular look (which would be wonderful), the abs would have to come much further down, and the waist wouldn't be so pinched in. The arms would have more shape to them as well. Other people in this thread have already diagrammed that portion out.

Headwise, the lips are too tiny for me, and the face is too round and chubby for the physique.

I do like how her tummy seems to pooch out a bit- I like the naturalistic look. The doll needs work, but it's not a bad start.

18. I like how long and skinny the arms are. I agree that the hands are a bit too large, though. I don't care much for the rather large bosom, but it does work with the rest of the rather anime-inspired lanky physique of the whole body. I rather like the abs too, no matter how high they're placed. :sweat
      I hope they don't change it too much, or perhaps keep this one much as is and offer another softer less boob-ed and ab-ed version as well...I'm already planning on getting one based on these pics to mod into a boy body. :whee: ...and depending on how I like that, I may get another and keep it as a girl. XD;

19. I have to say about abs and mouth. I think abs fit since they're small, maybe she just wanted flatter tummy. I love her having some tummy also, if you train one part of your body it will not affect the other immediately. Also not everyone can get their tummy avay with training abs, it's different on every people how their bodies look after little work out.

Mouth is the part of face I just LOVE! :) It's like she was bit kissing, like MNF marcia. I just adore that kind of small but full lips.

And I still love the boobs, but b-cup style option would be good in my opinion too. It would give variation. :3 If the boobs are big it's better to have them placed like they were in a bra I think than like well "more down", big natural boobs don't stay like that without bra I know, but I think better like this than hanging too down. xD (It must be easy to make wrong.) Limhwa has pretty natural boobs, but they are little hard with clothing, since clothes are usually made for boobs upper than hers.