1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Christmas Doll: 50cm Luna doll

Nov 25, 2008

1. I know this is not going to make me popular, but seriously, guys. It's a doll. And actually it is an artistic interpretation of a human body not an anatomical model.
      Personally I think she is wonderful, and I love her lips.
      She doesn't "have to" look like anything. I wonder how many of you who are critics are artists. Just curious.

2. Dennis said in the news thread "If there is anything improper or any parts you do not like, please tell us boldly and francly. We will make some adjustment or changes accordingly. Thank you! ^__^"

People who are critiquing are just doing what they've been asked. o_x

3. Also, if these things are not altered, most people will not be satisfied with the sculpt, therefore not purchase it.
      Anyway, even if Bobobie had not asked people for critique, people are still permitted to voice their opinions....

4. I almost wish they hadn't asked for opinions. I am afraid they will change her a lot and I really like her the way she is.

5. I absolutely love her height! And even if they don't change this mold I am so grabbing a body *will work great for a head I currently have that has too big of a body* The abs are a little bothersome, but seriously my girl wheres clothes all the time and I wouldn't see it so often that it would bug me. And I actually do enjoy her larger breasts, I'm all for curves! X3

6. I love her just the way she is. I can't wait to see her all fixed up with a face-up, eyes and a wig! I know she is going to look even more beautiful then she does now!

7. 50cm? Nice size! :)) this body looks different then their 50cm girls?

If it soo PLEASE MAKE BETTER 60cm bodies!!! OMG that would be so cool!
      Sorry if its off-topic XD!

Id love to see how the new girl will turn out!

Its cool people can suggest sculptors how to make the doll better!

For my part I dont understand anything of anathomy so I see no problems *_*

8. Any improvements I would have suggested have already been mentioned.
      I'm really impressed with this new body, Bobobie has come a long way since their more clunky female body sculpts, I'm very happy for them and can't wait to see owner pictures of this new girl :)

9. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, the hands are not so good. The hands are a little too long. We will make a new pair. Before casting, we will post the clay hands. It will not be very long time.

10. I agree that the forearms seem too long, hands are too large, and abs are too high up. The cleavage line in between the boobs seems too high (in the middle extending above about the nipple height), or the boobs seem too low. I do like the maturity of the body though.

I would defiantly like to see more head options in the future for this body.

And thanks Dennis for listening to our input!

11. You don't have to be a pianist to be able to tell when someone's just banging on the keys.

The body has a lot of potential and is a lot nicer than the other Bobobie bodies, but the sculptor needs to study anatomy a little more closely.

And no, it doesn't have to be perfect and it doesn't have to be perfectly proportionate, either. Look how disproportionate most of the dolls that are already out are. But if its going to be human, it needs to be structured like a human to prompt those of us that do care to even consider buying it.

12. Art Major, yes I am. It's not that it isn't open to interpretation but dolls aren't surrealist drawings. And even so, the process for artistic interpretation is to understand fully what you are interpreting and then simplify based on your knowledge. Dolls are miniature resin humans (regardless of sculpt as centaur, demon, etc. the base is pretty much the same) The ball joints are from an understanding of anatomy and movability.

Additionally, do you see how many body types are present in this one doll? Willowy arms, "muscular" "abs", and shapely hips? Delicate/strong/womanly...
      two contradictions. I can see willowy and shapely working in moderation. and even so, shapely and muscular can work, but all three together look very odd, as you can see from the general consensus of comments.

13. Yes, it's hard to be a well endowed female doll and look natural naked--resin breasts just don't move and squish right. They either have to look like they're wearing a bra, or hang in a way that doesn't look as good when dressed. The smaller busted dolls don't have that problem so much. I tend to have mixed feelings about the pushed up look, but I actually like this doll's bust much much better than others I've seen with a similar style bust and don't find that it detracts for me in this case.

14. I'm sorry but you don't need to be an artist to offer critique. If you have eyes and an opinion that's more than enough and it doesn't take an artist to spot just how off the anatomy is. The sculptor asked for opinions, people are giving them, it's as simple as that.

Pulling the whole 'it's just a doll' thing is BS, it doesn't matter if it's a completely abstract interpretation of the human form or not, people are still entitled to share their opinions.

15. I was just reading about her on the bobobie forum. She will be 125$ for the christmas promotion and her body will be available separately for 110$. After christmas the price will go up. So hopefully she will be in production as soon as her hands are re cast. It looks like she will only be available in white and normal skin at this point.

16. Yay! Crap, now I may have to rethink my plans... I really want her!

17. I agree with you totally. The only thing I, personally, would change is the hands, which could still be adorable in a nymph-ish way. Most of the features talked about, (abs and sideboob,) aren't going to be visible under clothing, or could easily be modded.
      From what I can see, the jointing looks very pretty and well done. I'm very curious to see how she looks with other dolls, and with a face. :aheartbea

18. I am completely in love with her body. The arms and the chest to be exact *___* The hands are too long, but that's exactly what i like, thought i would prefer "unnaturally" long fingers, rather then the whole hand. But it's cool as is. The bowtie lips are not my thing, but to each its own.

*i just hope the body will be available separately, as I think an MSD head would look very nice on it ^^

19. In my opinion, I have to say I like the doll overall, besides the bust and the slightly oversized hands. ^^;

She has a nice face and figure anyways, I can't wait to see her with full on eyes, hair, and clothes. ;)

20. Her breasts and hands are actually my favorite parts of this sculpt. She could be one hell of a piano player with those longer fingers~
      :3
      The way her arms are attached makes her look a bit pidgin chested. Her arms are a bit too petite for the rest of her body, in my opinion.
      I'm so glad she has thigh parts! This girl has a lot of potential. She has a very inquisitive expression.
      <3

And is it just me, or does she have a wrist joint?
      O: