1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Christmas Doll: 50cm Luna doll

Nov 25, 2008

2. While I do not claim to be an artist of any kind (I'm just 16 lul) there have been some things that raises red flags when I look at the body. I know that noone's hands are that big in relation to their body. Also, the armpit area of the bust are not even that severe of other dolls.

I don't aim for complete and utter realism in my dolls or their bodies, but I would like to have them look at least somewhat feasible to have their bodies proportioned the way they are. Like their boobs look like they're attached to the body or the hands are within the ballpark range of their body.

Dolls are idealised depictions of the human body and not actual scale models of us, but it doesn't change the fact that sometimes even a doll body looks way off for skewed doll proprtions...

Yes, we do know if something seems off in a doll's proportions. It's something we can't put into words, but it's like DoA's infamous 'Asian Aesthetics' rule, isn't it? We just *know*...

Anyways, I think the doll will be available in other colours but it'll have an added cost bringing the doll to be like $130-140 :)

I'm going to buy that body for my only girl doll regardless if changes are or are not made :3

3. No, actually it isn't. The only thing you "know" is if you like something or you don't. That is the only sometimes inexplicable part of our judgement because sometimes the reasons why we like or dislike anything is not immediately or distantly logical. You don't just "know" anything else.
      Everyone's taste is individual and no one has the right to judge someone else's artistic vision.
      And the point I was trying seemingly in vain to make is that a doll is not an anatomical model. And although your writing is hard to read or interpret (I am not judging you I just see that maybe English is not your native tongue and you are hard for me to understand perhaps for that reason) what I get out of it is that you like your dolls to be realistic and I respect that. What started me on this rant is that what I saw was not people trying to respectfully say what they would like perhaps to be different in this particular doll's sculpture but rather a flame fest where a group got together to trash someone's work.
      I think this discussion should get back to the doll in particular as I am sure this discussion is going to be red flagged by our moderators.
      I for one wish she had elf ears.
      I love the shorter body. I have a 60 cm boy, and I like him very much, I intend to order another boy body very soon. I only see Bobobie improving, as the dolls that I see later this year were put together much more nicely than the ones from when they were first released.

5. *Flails* Okies, I normally don't write like that because I really didn't want my words to go all weird and such, especially on a very large forum where you and I certainly do not know each other. I'm a first generation Australian Vietnamese kid who fully speaks and uses the english language and I can safely say english is my native tongue considering I can't speak any other language.

I understand dolls are not realistic representions of humans, but even then there is a certain limit of unrealistic-ness a doll can push, and such.

I was not trying to flame Bobobie. In fact, I'm a major, major, major fan of the company and their sculpts, their customer service and their willingness to listen to their customers. No where in this thread did I even remotely see a semblance of "ZOMG DA DOLL SUX LOLOLOL!!!!!!" but instead some constructive critism where people said where the doll could have been improved and such.

As I have repeatedly said throughout the thread, I am going to get this body regardless if it has been modified by Bobobie or not. I AM impressed that the doll presents some newer joints not present in the older body. I'm impressed that bobobie are moving towards the two part style of bodies many love. I am impressed that Bobobie have finally released a size the ABJD hobby has been lacking.

And yes, I am impressed by the price.

EDIT: Lelite put it in MUCH more awesome terms than I could. *glomps*

6. Everyone participating in this thread seems to be a fan of Bobobie as a company so the squabbling I'm seeing here makes no sense. This is not a thread to discuss anything other than the Bobobie Luna. The maker asked for feedback on the doll's sculpt and he's getting it. Nobody but the artist needs to respond to the criticism. No more OT discussion about people's judgment qualifications please.

If anyone want to take up an argument about levels of artistic knowledge needed to sculpt a doll or critique a doll should take it to Debate.

7. Indeed that should be so.

I personally have no other comments to add to what has already been said, other than expressing my gratitude to the company for coming up with an "in-between" size, since there aren't many BJD's in that range and there certainly is a need on this end. =) I hope this isn't the only doll of this size Bobobie is planning to release.

8. Dear Dennis,
      please make also something with poseabilty of the hands!
      They are sculpted ok, but somehow they cant move good!

Here are the pics to explain it better:

[​IMG]

Left is Angell-Studio Kana's hand right is RS Long.
      You see the ball and how the hand can rotate/bend.

Hier is the Bobobie Longs's hand which I try to benk like the hand above.

[​IMG]

It works (left pic) but only as long I hold it with my fingers,
      the hand itself just jumps back into the straight position, shown in right pic.

Maybe you need to do something with balls?
      Or the people who sculpt dolls here could give an advice ;)?

9. I would love to see this mold with an optional Less Mature chest piece. I know some of use have characters who are adults/older teens, but are lanky and not very curvy, especially in the chest area. Also, the hands are a tad bit too long compared to the arms, so I would meet up the arms a bit and shorten the fingers just a tad.

10. I love this doll, I want her to be my Christmas doll this year. I love her cupid's bow mouth. She will look great with a faceup as she is beautiful even without one in the pictures from the company. Her size is also a big positive, something new and special. I can hardly wait.

11. Well, we changed the size of the hands. She can not be perfect at once. We will modify her later on, the arms and chest, joints etc, so long as it need to be done. Like an good article or novel, you have to think over it and modify it over and over, so are dolls. All dolls do not look what they first look. We always try to listen to the people to get them better.

The below is the new clay hands we have rushed. The photos were taken at night, so the hands look very dark.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dennis, it seems you were just a bit quicker than I was...:doh Aww shucks. Well the pix are also posted in the original opening thread for the lady.

- ShadowHawke -

13. Oh! The new hands are so delicate and lovely!

14. I am IN LOVE with those hands! :D

15. Those hands look great! I can't wait to see her put all together. Her boobs are like, wow. Pretty enormous! She looks like a cartoon girl. She's definately fill out a dress.

16. it's really awesome that you take into consideration all of the comments that everyone has made. not many companies would be so concerned and make changes to appeal to their customers. the new hands are lovely and delicate. your hard work is appreciated.

17. Very delicate indeed! I'm so in love with the shape of the fingers... <3

18. Love it! :D I was almost resigned to the need to make my own short, curvy girl if I ever wanted one... and now this lovely little woman comes along. Saves me a lot of grief.

Please don't change a thing about her bust. Maybe do an optional small bust part down the line somewhere, but leave this one alone. Not that there's a wealth of options either way, but it's a lot harder to find a short, curvy body than it is to find a less-mature one.

As she looks right now, I'll be ordering two. :)

19. What a pretty body she has. I'm tempted to buy her as a little sister for one of my boys. That's such a nice size! Though I would sand her boobs down.... a lot. ;;>.>

I might get just the body. The head isn't exactly to me aethetic preferenced.

20. The new hands are so beautiful! I love how delicate and femenine they are and they look real, I love the nails! :D