1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Christmas Doll: 50cm Luna doll

Nov 25, 2008

1. She still needs some work on the arms and weird alien-like abs, so it might be a little later than they'd anticipated.

I do hope she is ready by Christmas, though.

2. Other than the hands I believe she is done. She is 125 with her head and 110 without for the holiday promotion. After that she will probably go up to 150 or so judging by their other prices.

3. yikesitsmindy, where do you see Luna posted? I looked on the BBB site to no avail.

4. I think they'll look beautiful on the the smaller body :D I think the body will be in other colours but it'll cost an extra $12-ish or so like the other SD sized dolls :3 But bobobie NS matches elfdoll NS prefectly!

Okies, I'm a horrid guy, but I'm getting this body to hack off the chest and turn it into a boy body for my floating head, cuz I really want a shorter strung body... I might pick up another 50cm body if/when Bobobie improves on the bust area, but until then... GENDER BENDING TIME! :D

I can't access bobobie as it keeps timing out on me... even though I'm a member :...(

Can someone ask Dennis to post measurements of the 50cm body?

5. Goodness I hope not. I won't be buying one if they don't fix the crazy abs, but hey, what's one customer.

6. I think they really wanna get the doll out before the Xmas season seeing it is a christmas doll... I believe Dennis said he'll fix up the torso later if enough people who own her said so D:

Ah well, crazy abs are perfect for my midget man boy thing.

7. I think they'd be great for an alien or some sort of bug anthro. You're going to have a hell of a time removing all that bosom XD I'd like to see what you come up with in the end.

8. I'm planning to hacksaw the majority of it off first then sand the rest of the way down...

Hmmm, what to do with resin doll bewbs? I know! A pair of earrings for my favourite enemy~!

Lol, I hope my Wu head doesn't look too weird on a 50cm body :sweat

9. Those would be hilarious earrings.

10. lol
      Good to see I'm not the only one planning on modding this body into a boy. XD

11. Hey Dennis! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to give you feedback and really listening. It means a lot to us :) Your company is fantastic and I treasure my Sprite, more so than some of my more expensive dolls.

I'm very excited about a new 50 cm body - it seems like a perfect size. I agree with others on this thread though, her abdomen could use further work if you have a chance. If you were hoping for a more anorexic looking body with the ribs showing maybe this would be a good reference?
      [​IMG]
      Guys, please let me know if this is too racy for the board. I blacked out the "indecent" bits, but you can never be too sure and I apologize in advance if I didn't do enough.

I agree that her breasts should be smoothed into the upper torso more. That doesn't mean you have to change much or that she'll lose that lifted-by-a-bra look! I tried to photoshop what I meant in this picture - the left side is what the original sculpt looks like, the right has my edits around the armpit area. I also widened her neck a tad. The original neck seems skinny and can be widened a bit while preserving its gracefulness. Please excuse the faceup test, this was rushed and I swear I'm better at Photoshop XD
      [​IMG]

I don't have a photoshop of what I would do to the arms, but I think they need a bit of work too. Arms do not taper all the way from the shoulder to the wrist; instead, they taper to the elbow, flare slightly to accomodate the elbow joint and bones, then taper again to the wrist. This might combat the slightly sticklike look they have :) All in all though Dennis, whether you change her or not she'll sell like crazy because BBB is such a great company with a quality product. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result, but know any further work would take a great deal of time and energy and be almost impossible before Christmas. Good luck! :D

12. OK I am reaaalllyyy not trying to start an argument, but if an artist painted a painting and asked me what I thought of it I would never ever even consider drawing a diagram to tell them how to change it. Does anyone else feel that it is totally rude?

I am not saying you are being intentionally impolite to the artist but can you understand where I am coming from? I would be embarrassed for the artist to come to this board and see everyone discussing how they should change their work or art. Because she really is someone's art.

*I do not mean those who will mod the body once they get it because that is a part of owning abjds.

13. yikesitsmindy - the artist asked for feedback on this sculpt. He has come to this thread to respond to people's requests and has made changes to the sculpt based on what people have said. Unless the artist has a problem all of the sudden, I don't see why anyone else should. I think it's great that he's willing to really listen to what his customers are asking for. Please let's not take this thread OT again. ;)

14. ^^Indeed. But he did say "discuss" and it was all meant in good will. :) He took the advice about the hands to make them look more proportionate. Who knows?

Ps, what does OT mean?

15. Nope, if I felt that way I would flunk out of art school! My professors draw on my work or next to it all the time to show what they think can be made better, and I know it isn't meant as an insult. Most often I have an, "oh!" moment as I see something that could be improved that I didn't see before, and it's much better to have the crit early in the process than later. There's nothing worse than going to a final crit and having something mentioned that could have been fixed long before if someone had just pointed it out >_<;; My last painting being a point in case.

My post above was only meant to help and was not trying to be mean spirited in any way; I have a lot of respect for the company and would never have bothered with the test faceup or the post if I wasn't excited about this girl. That said, if Dennis hadn't asked for suggestions I wouldn't be offering them. To quote the news thread: "Suggestions and comments on the doll are highly appreciated. Luna is in a new size. We never do 50cm dolls before. If there is anything improper or any parts you do not like, please tell us boldly and francly. We will make some adjustment or changes accordingly. Thank you! ^__^". He invited our opinions, and very often someone visibly showing what they think can be changed is more helpful than just writing it since that can lead to misunderstandings :) I can totally understand where you're coming from though - I'd be a bit miffed if someone looked at one of my projects and started having at and critiquing without my asking, but Dennis did. Hope that helps clear my post up, and I'm sorry if I upset anyone ^^;;

Edit: Idrisfynn, just saw your post. Will remain on topic from now on - I just hope the above clears up any confusion about visual posts. Please let me know if you'd like me to delete or change my post. Thanks!

16. OT = Off Topic.

This thread is for discussing the actual Luna as a doll, it's not meant to be a discussion about how to talk about the doll.

I think this thread is causing some confusion for a reason. I have never seen a company ask for feedback on a doll after presenting it in the News as something they would be offering for sale. Usually you see people asking for feedback on unfinished works and typically feedback is requested in the Critique sub-forum. In the future, if a sculpt is still being worked on I'd prefer to see a Critique thread first, then a News announcement and then a Discussion thread about the finished work. Either that, or this kind of iscussion should happen on the artist's own website. ;)

So, back to the doll...

17. Sorry! This thread has just been irking me for days and I couldn't keep my trap shut any longer. :doh

18. I think that's a pretty good reference photo.

Its still hard to tell if the sculptor was going for a very thin or muscular physique. There are elements of both in the current sculpt with the upper abs and leg muscles near the knees, the willowy thin arms and waist, and even a little softness in the lower tummy. She's kind of confusing all around.

I, too, think its great that Dennis was willing to accept critique on Luna. Its nice to see a company listening to its customers.

19. The new hands are casted now. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luna will be available soon. :)

I am really glad to hear so many opions on Luna. She is a lucky girl. Thank you all for your kind words and support! :aheartbea:aheartbea