1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul 1/6 human discussion - part 5

Feb 15, 2014

1. Joining this thread and bringing it back, as I just ordered a custom Resinsoul. I decided it was time to make my wish of having a transparent doll a reality. I decided to go yosd as I like the size, and have enough big dolls. For the head I went with the Summer sculpt and for the body I chose Xu. Sun said it would take a month, so I'll post pictures in November!

2. Ooo nice choice. Can't wait to see another little around here.

3. [​IMG]

Avery wants a candy cane. For science. To be sure it's still good.

4. Those things need to be tested... Just to be on the safe side, maybe she should try two - it's always scientifically sound to use a bigger sample... :3nodding:

5. ;) Oh definitely. Plus if Avery's distracted by the candy canes..
      [​IMG]

Vala gets to horde ALL the chocolate coins then.

6. :lol::lol::lol: Bigger sample! I love that!

7. Hi everyone! After over 2 years of quitting the hobby I ordered a Ni on 12/12. She will be my second Yo-SD and my first mature tiny. I bought her mainly because she can wear fashion doll clothes/accessories (single-joint slim body from Resinsoul), which are much cheaper than MSD and SD sized ones. And of course, I've already ordered tons of things for her!

8. Since it's the holidays why not go mad with sugar? ;)

@Mirabilis - Ooo nice choice, Ni's a cutie. I can't wait to see what you do with her.

[​IMG]

Here's some more holiday Avery antics. She can't help but shake the boxes.

9. How is she at guessing?

Is this on a Zi body?

#389 Mahgiep, Dec 23, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
    10. @Mahgiep Nope, on the single-jointed default body, I like how slender it is ^^

11. She's moved past "pony" to "some kind of house brownie."

12. I like that body, too. My Linna is on the Bei/Ni body (her head is Pixiu) and I love how easy it is to find clothes and patterns for her. :)
      (Or discarded old Barbie clothes... She went through a funky phase last year and I happen to have some Rockstar Barbies floating around... LOL!!)

[​IMG]

#392 Fairy Milliner, Dec 23, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    13. @Arashi Uchiha How old is Avery? Is she related to your other characters?

@Fairy Milliner Haha, Linna's hair reminds me of Eleven from Stranger Things! It's so easy to find 1:6 scale props, isn't it? I'm thinking of converting some space into a doll bedroom/hang out spot, it's so easy to do with a slim 1/6 doll.

14. @Mirabilis Avery is 10 years old, she's related to my RS Song Avalon who is her biological brother. She's actually an elf who no longer possesses her magic and is now just a 'normal' little girl.

15. All 6 of my adults have Zi and Xu bodies (3 of each). I buy used barbie and ken, some action figure clothes, and commission people to sew my clothes. With barbie stuff, I look for stretchy fabrics or loose waists. If not stretchy, and they have a cinched waist, I have to expand the waists in back by moving snaps or hooks and sometimes adding ribbons to fill those pesky empty triangle shapes. Sometimes I have to open sleeve cuffs on long sleeves. I have some wonderful Barbie Dolls of the World outfits, I love.

16. @Arashi Uchiha How did your characters lose their elven powers? I like reading about people's worlds and stories!

@Mahgiep Yeah, I have some Yo-SD clothes left and tons of Barbie ones, so she should have some things to wear! I thought of ordering the Zi body, but have bad experiences with RS's double-jointed MSD body and prefer the aesthetic of Bei's. The character I have in mind is supposed to be a 12-14 year old ballet dancer, Bei's body looks perfect for that!

I read that the single-joint Resinsoul body has no s-hooks in its hands? I don't think I've ever encountered a doll without s-hooks, does anyone know if they can be put in? Does anyone also happen to know the wrist width, not circumference, as well? Cheerio!

17. I checked Linna, and she doesn't have a wrist hook. The elastic goes right through the hand and back up the arm.
      I think you probably could put in a hook, but you'd need really tiny ones. The wrist width is about 8 mm.
      Oh, and she doesn't have ankle hooks either. The ankle width is about 12 mm, but the actual opening is very small.

18. It was due to something that Avalon did. He dabbled in something bad enough that in cursed himself, his sister and their brother Gene. Bad enough it angered a Goddess. It involved something considered taboo in their culture - necromancy. Avalon now harbors that guilt while trying to raise Avery by himself with the help of some friends.

#398 Arashi Uchiha, Dec 25, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    19. [​IMG]

This, is the most amount of "girly" stuff she allows me to put her in now. Her character has really been coming through - and she is most definitely NOT a girly girl anymore.

20. I love her outfit. She looks like she needs a bow, or a wooden sword or something... Definitely NOT a girly girl. :love