1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul 1/6 human discussion - part 5

Feb 15, 2014

1. Welcome. Can't wait to see her, Jspot ships so quickly. XD I got some floating heads in this morning.

2. Thanks! I love Junkyspot! Over half my collection was ordered from there! She will have a lot of clothes ready for her, at least. Though she won't have her correct wig for some time, I think.

3. Folks, Syrinx is excited because she now has matching ears. My poor girl had one ear crumble off a couple of years ago. It must have been a weakness in the modification that her previous owner gave her. The ears were made into curled over imp-type ears, and they were adorable until the "accident". Last night I finally got the nerve to fix her ears so they look even. I had to file off the mods as best I could and smooth them. I repainted them too, but I think they need another coat of black to hide the little lumpiness left over. I am afraid I will take too much off! Anyway, Syrinx is happy because now she can wear short hair and up-dos.

[​IMG]

Since she was so patient and brave, she has two pairs of shoes, a new wig, and some antlers coming soon. I think she will make a cute faun.

4. Awesome. XD What wig are you planning on getting her? My girl wears a liv wig.

Pumibel - She looks gorgeous!

5. Thanks Arashi Uchida!

That wig in my photo is a Liv wig as well! If you cut off the little tab inside they fit perfectly on the Bei head. The hair quality is really good too. I can brush or comb it smooth no matter how long it has been in a bag in a drawer. I did not have that same luck with other wigs from the toy store- cant remember if those were Moxie Teen or something else. I am not that crazy about the bangs on Syrinx's wig, but she can pull them off, lol. I bought a fur wig from DDE to try n her too. I will report how the Shaggies look IRL.

gintsukimegami: I would definitely recommend Liv wigs for these girls, even as temporary hair. They are cheap, so you can have your girl look complete until you can buy or make the wig that you really want her to wear full-time. You could also make her a cute hat to wear in the meantime. Which doll did you buy?

6. Arashi Uchida: I plan on making her wig out of yarn/tatting thread once I find the right color for her(which I think I've found online, but not entirely sure yet). I do think I'll pick her up a Live wig sooner or later, just for fun. She is going to be Chibi-Usa, so she will mostly wear the wig I make her, but it's always fun to have wigs to swap! :) Hoping my local Walmart might possibly have Liv wigs, only place around here besides a Big Lots that sells toys...(not sure when I can get there though).

Pumibel- Your girl is so cute! You did a great job fixing her ears. She will definitely make a cute faun. :) Hope your shaggies wig looks good! I don't have Shaggies wigs, but I do have all my boys wearing different fur wigs, and I love them. I ordered a BBB Isabella. I think I might just make her a hat for now, I got some really soft blue fuzzy yarn that will make a cute crochet hat. :) I do have 3 old What's Her Face doll wigs, no idea if the wigs will fit or not, but worth a shot, since they are just laying around anyway.

Edit: 3.8.2014 Chibi-Usa came yesterday, no wig or hat, but here she is basking in the fact that she might get a lot of clothes to wear!
      [​IMG]

7. wow, she's a lucky girl! that's a cute outfit she's in! :)

8. Your quite welcome! Wish ya luck with the fur wig, I bought two fur wigs and have not had luck with neither one of my smaller boys nor my MSD boy, I'm definitely considering finding some more Liv wigs for Vala so I could do her hair in different looks for different occassions...But I do love her highlighted one.

gintsukimegami: Your March girl is absolutely adorable! Looks like she'll be quite spoiled. XD

9. I love coming on and seeing new feed ^^ the new ones are so cute!<3

Here is a photo of Zelda and Link. I have to finish making their clothing...till then I'm just gonna pose them everywhere XD

[​IMG]

10. XD Just in case anyone new and wanting a little sister or daughter/son what have you for some of their RS MSD's...(Cause I remember having a hard time finding comparison photo's height wise with an MSD and one of these little's) I bringith comparison!

[​IMG]

Nice size next to them, Avalon looks like a young adult and Vala looks like a pre-teen next to him (she isn't, her character age is 16 and a half, Avalon's only half a year older at seventeen)

11. Ballet they're so cute haha, yes it's so fun to pose dolls around everywhere, can't wait to see more :)

I took Elena outside for a while yesterday since the snow is finally starting to melt! It was over 40 yesterday, craziness haha
      Here's a picture from the shoot, my personal favorite :)
      [​IMG]
      (Tumblr)

12. gintsukimegami: Your girl is beautiful, and she has an awesome wardrobe! That outfit she is wearing is gorgeous- I'd wear it lol! Great idea about a yarn wig. I made Syrinx a dreadlock wig with mohair yarn, and it works quite well. Depending on the way you do it, it can end up super BIG, though. Mine did, anyway. I have a ginormous one I made with natural wool roving too. Syrinx wears those wigs with costumes because they are a little heavy and tilt her head over.

I have to say that I was disappointed in the Shaggies wig that I ordered, but it might be my fault. I got the size 5-6, and I think maybe I had forgotten how to size for fur wigs. It just is not big enough, and I did not like how it looked on Syrinx. Her antlers are fantastic, though. I have no magnets yet, but I managed to rig them in a hat with velcro dots as a temporary measure:

[​IMG]

This wig may be a Moxie Teen, not sure. It is like the Liv wig, but much longer and without bangs

13. pumibel: That's interesting to hear about the Shaggies wig! I have a 6-7 one for my other YoSD, and it seems a bit too big on my March, and I was thinking about getting her a 5-6 instead. Nevermind, I suppose

14. hmmm. I don't know Coffeetea. My March wore the 5/6 size in fur wigs, if I remember right. I don't have my March anymore, but DDE has her head as 14 cm, same as Bei, which is roughly 5.5 inches, so I really thought the 5/6 would fit better. Here is the only photo I have of her in it, for reference:

[​IMG]

Syrinx is showing off her new shoes, lol. Sorry about her pants- I had been cutting yarn and the fluff/ lint got everywhere! I had to realy work at getting this wig on her, and the hairline is just not low enough all the way around her head.

oh BTW- Elena is just the cutest, makes me really regret selling my March. Those cupid bow lips and cheekums, I could die!

15. Okay, I just edited this about 17 times. Flickr sucks for changing their format again. I had to jump through hoops just to get the image url! Can't right-click anymore. What is up with that? ending rant.

Since I killed (maybe just maimed) the thread with my pic of the ugly wig, I will now try to redeem myself with this:

[​IMG]

I found a little sample square of fake fur in a box of stuff and used it to make Syrinx another fur wig. I also made the hat with some mohair yarn and stuck in her new antlers. I hope you all like it. This is the first time I have shared her new antlers (oops nope I did up there too).

16. Just realized I revamped my Xu aaaaages ago and then never posted up any pictures. :/ Poor baby is probably my most unphotographed doll. There's a couple more on my instagram, but still not that many. XD;

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

XD Sorry for the random OT doll with him-- it's not even a bjd, it's just his toy.

17. I'm really enjoying seeing all the photos. I've got just one more payment left to make on my March. Now to start looking for clothes!

18. Sorry I've been busy, thank you pumibel for the picture and the compliment :)

Rakuenless he looks great, that's a gorgeous wig! I'd love to see more pictures of him, if you think he could use a little more camera time~ :)

I can't wait until the grass really starts growing back here and it looks more like spring, I'm making Elena a new dress for springtime and it's turning out o-k, it's almost done, I just need a cheery place for her to model. :)

19. White Shadoooow.

[​IMG]

Vala made a new friend...And got herself a new dress.

20. Vala's new dress is gorgeous!

I took Linna out today to check out the blossoming pear tree. :)

[​IMG]