1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul 1/6 human discussion - part 5

Feb 15, 2014

1. Thank you!

Aw Linna's so beautiful, I love her dress. ^^ It really suits her.

2. Guess who it's finally on he way home? I got the shopping notice for my March yesterday! Now for the worst part of the wait, her traveling from DDE to Australia.

3. Congrats dolls&tea! :D March is such a cute sculpt, but I'm rather biased :P

4. coffeetea - Thank you >x< I do love that wig... I just wish it fit a little better. It's just a tad too loose for him. ;_; ... I may still take some more pictures of him though. I'm probably going to change his eyelashes soon for something darker, so I'll get some shots then. <3

Everyone's dolls are so sweet ^0^ Maybe it's because my first bjd was an RS, but I just have such a fondness for all their sculpts. I see other companies and I'm like "Oooh" but I see an RS, and it's this immediate warm feeling of "Awww!!" xD I'm so weird.

dolls&tea - Congrats on your shipping notice! Hopefully it won't take too long to get to you ^^

5. [​IMG]
      More Vala spam.

6. Vala's dress is gorgeous!

And Rakuenless, I feel the same about RS, not weird at all. There are many dolls on my wish list, but I always come back to RS. I don't care for all of their sculpts, but I can see myself owning at least half. LOL!
      I think for me part of the charm is that they look like a blank canvas to me - and I love seeing what people do with them. Whereas with many other companies I always feel that whatever I do, I can't match the company face-up, and that's what they're 'supposed' to look like? It's hard to explain. Falling in love with the sculpt/possibilities rather than with the company photograph?

7. Fairy Milliner - Thanks. I'm really happy with how it turned out...I didn't even use a pattern.

Rakuenless - I second the above post about the sculpts, RS is my favorite doll company for this reason, I feel all nostalgic and happy whenever I see an RS doll especially since my first MSD was an RS and he's my baby...Vala's a close second on that one since she's been spoiled rotten since day one.

8. BBB and RS dolls are my favourite. They are beautiful and interesting and I love how different the same sculpt can look. I've seen a lot of dolls that still look very much the same even when they have custom face-ups.

I suspect it will feel like a very long time before my March arrives, she's in San Francisco at the moment and I know there's a few public holidays in the next two weeks. However I did receive the first dress I ordered for her today.

9. Vala does indeed look wonderful -- love that dress! She looks very elegant.

I know what you mean about "sameness" in some sculpts, even with custom face ups, Fairy Millner. That's often how I choose my dolls -- I won't usually buy in the first few weeks of a new sculpt unless I really, REALLY like it as presented by the company but I will wait to see how many different looks it can have. And if those don't move me to purchase it, I will largely pass. And I have also bought dolls I didn't think I would like because I have seen them with custom jobs that just wowed me. (In fact, I just bought an MSD RS for that very reason!)

My problem with the Bobobie and RS dolls is colour choice. I would really like a grey one but am not sure how the face up could be . . . . just have to keep thinking, I guess. ;)

10. Spensers_mom - Thank you so much. ^^ I gotta say it's my favorite I've sewn for her, she looks so grown up in it. I don't think I'll be taking it off of her for awhile.

I like to think the only problem with RS dolls is choosing the sculpts and such. It's so hard to pick. I think a grey Ni would be cute. >w> Or a Xu...If you like little elf boys. Dark skinned dolls like the grey ones benefit best from the darker face ups since it brings out their coloring.

11. I have a lilac RS doll (70cm) with the default face-up and she looks amazing.

12. I definitely agree that RS and BBB sculpts are really versatile compared to other sculpts, my issue is they're so easy to buy on impulse... I'm trying to save up for a non-RS doll, but Denverdoll has a WS Yu in stock and it's so tempting! And Elena needs a new wig and clothes and shoes of course...

I'm beginning to contemplate dying Elena, does anyone have experience with dying a doll? I'm really unsure, since she's already light tan resin and it might be risky just because she's a small doll. I have another doll that's her brother, but he's a darker, warmer tan that I prefer, so I'd like to try to get her more like that color if there isn't too much risk of catastrophe!

13. magKelly~ I'm afraid you've posted this nice long post in the entirely wrong thread. Dai is a 58cm doll (1/3 size) and this is the 27-28 CM doll (1/6 size) thread. I don't have the large doll thread bookmarked so I can't drop the link on you atm, plus it's very late here so I'm sure I'd mess it up atm. But congrats on your girl, I've played with some of the big RS and they are just as fussy as any of the other RS, but sueding and thicker strings really seem to help. Good luck with her.

14. I think my March is here! Or at least waiting at the post office as I wasn't home today. It's going to be so hard to wait until 9am tomorrow.

15. Hey everyone! Congrats on the new lovelies <3 I can't wait to see what everyone does. I am in trouble XD I think? perhaps? Well I was making Zelda and Link, still want to make Zelda but now I want to make Link in Harry Potter XD Oh nuuuuuuu. Oh well, maybe I shall finish the Link outfit, make the harry outfit and just let him go between both whenever I have the fancy XD. I keep forgetting, do these kiddios have 9 or 12mm eyes?

16. Huge congrats dolls&tea! :D can't wait to see more!

Ballet, oh that would be cute too! You're making me want to make cosplays for my little ones, too. :) The eyes are 12mm by the way, at least for March

17. Ok! I have some picture requests if anyone has both the dolls and the gumption to try the limbs out for me.

1. Single jointed male torso with the human double jointed male limbs on it
      2. Single jointed female torso with the human double jointed female limbs on it.

I'm pretty sure they will work, I have the pixiu that I can try myself but I am looking for height and if they function properly. I took pics of my bei in the pixiu's limbs but that doesn't quite tell me what I need to know.

18. I think I might have found some shoes to fit! I can't guarantee that all of them will fit, but I tried a pair of Taeyang (Pullip's boyfriend) shoes on my March and although she can't wear socks with them they just fit.