1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul 1/6 human discussion - part 5

Feb 15, 2014

1. Thanks Haiiroko! :)

LCMonkey92 A hobbit doll sounds like fun! I think Bei would be good for that :) The little outfits would be so cute too!

Ballet he makes a really good Harry Potter! Those eyes are really striking, it's awesome! :D

2. These little ones are so much fun. XD I keep forgetting it until I pick up my bei, she's so light...I really wanna get an Isabella next for my next Yo-SD. She's been a favorite sculpt of mine for awhile.

Also Vala spam just her being silly:

[​IMG]

3. You know what I wish RS or Bobobie would do?

Make 'sleeping' versions of some of their sculpts for this....Cause seriously...That'd be really cute.

(I know RS already has Fei (I have plans to one day have Fei/Mei twins) but sleeping Yo's sound way too cute)

4. A sleeping face would be so cute. Can you imagine a sleeping March? The longer I look at her, the more RS/BBB tinies I want to get.

5. Honestly I'd just take more yo heads >.>

And a hooved yo. because clearly I need this like I need another hole in my head.

6. But couldn't you just buy the yo head and then either diy or pay someone to close the eyes in? I kinda want to do that now XD

7. Ballet~ Yes, you could. BUT! I hate the idea of trying additive mods. I'm ok with subtractive but I really don't like the idea of additive, especially on the face. Some people are cool with doing additive. This is not me.

8. I think both mods is hard XD, I've never tried it, but isn't subtractive harder? I suppose, that if you didn't like the mod you added you could remove it, right?

9. It's fairly tough to remove an additive mod, actually; the material used bonds very tightly and can actually be stronger than the resin itself! XD Not to mention that it's really hard to color-match (I haven't succeeded yet). With RS's unique colors, having a pre-made sleeping head would be much simpler than trying to mod it. (Plus it would open up the option for a subtractive mod for dreaming or winking heads!)

10. The only mods I've done are subtractive mods and minor ones at that. I think making additions for a sleeping face would be really hard. And colour matching is very hard, even with the more normal resin colours.

11. Ballet~ >.> Yea what they said. See with subtractive you just have to go slow and not take too much at a time. Make sure you don't ruin the structure as you go but really it's just... a little off, a little off, a little off... until you like it. and as strange as this sounds, if you wreck it, it's tots wrecked and you just get a new one. If I did an additive mod there would be something for me to try and fix, but it's like a tat or water color, the more you screw with it the worse it can get.

12. I'm actually planning an additive mod once I get a hold of a body, now I'm nervous!
      This March head came today, im going to try my first faceup on her! It's her body Ill be modding once I get it, adding to the feet :3
      [​IMG]

13. I think either way it sounds cute. XD But I'd really love some straight up pre-made sleeping heads..I'm not a modder, I'm more of a "Get cute doll, make a ton of clothes, backgrounds and props for it" kind of person..XD; I suck at face ups too..

LCMonkey92 - I can't wait to see how your girl turns out. ^^

14. Oooh thank you everyone for clearing that up. Like I said, I've never done any of that so tons of respect for you that do. XD I'd mess up so badly, I'm that person who would keep adding water color and it looks like mud XD.

15. Just sharing a picture of Elena~ Big brother Louis picked a flower for her, what a sweetie
      [​IMG]

16. Aww...That is so cute. >w<

Quick closeup of Vala, after I made her some new clothes (been sewing more for her lately, she finally has a good pair of black pants)

[​IMG]

I finally found some doll boots that fit her too, and fit her perfectly...Have no idea what company they are, they're older, but it's like they were made for her. They just need new laces. (I'll post pics of those later)

17. Keep these cute Bei photos coming!! I'm really hoping I get my shipping notice this week.

18. Very exciting haiiroko :D

Arashi Uchiha yeah I've had good luck with shoes so far, I have 2 pairs. One is from YuHao on Mint on Card, the 4.5 cm sneakers seem to fit really well

Shoes are so hard because they're the main thing that I really can't make myself, so I sort of have to buy them for my dolls. However, I have a new dress in progress for Elena and I'm really excited because this fabric I found is really pretty, like shades of brown and green, so I think I'll use that for the skirt and then crochet the top half of a dress... I'll post pictures when it's done, I just have to figure out how to secure it. Since March really has hips, and shoulders are there, and the fabric isn't stretchy, I have to use buttons or snaps or something, it seems. Can't wait to share when it's done though :)

19. Coffeetea - That sounds lovely! Can't wait to see it. I recommend snaps since they won't warp the material over time. I used to attempt buttons when I first began but it didn't end well.