1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie web site and thought about them

Mar 31, 2007

1. please delete post

2. you might want to check out some of the other threads here (one called stolen doll body). A couple of folks had problems with direct shipments and received either an empty box or a box with some items missing or damaged. Most likely the fault of the shipping company used and customs, but still a concern if ordering direct.
      Bobobie eventually did replace the items, but it was a big hassle for the buyers. I think they have since changed shippng companies, but I'm not sure - so you'd probably want to make sure of that.

I just rec'd my Sprite and she is perfectly darling. I plan on getting more Bobobie elfs. But I will be buying them from a US dealer to avoid shipping problems. There's a doll store near me that will be carrying them soon and I feel that will be the best way to order.

3. please delete post

4. Is bobobie a good place to buy a doll from? Good and bad, and can any one give me a link, everytime I try to go there the page can't come up.
      Thanks for the help

5. I can't remark on the quality of Bobobie bjds, however, they are fairly inexpensive! Junkyspot carries some Bobobie products, you might want to try there.

6. therer is another thread almost the same as this ...but I cant for the life of me find the link

if I can I will post it
      but basically
      they are fantastic ,resin is stunning , customer service is brill
      Dennis is always on had to talk to

I have a few Bobobie tiny and large , I now have my eyes on Sprite ...lovely
      and have no complaints at all
      I like them so much I had my Moona made with them ,

sorry I just couldnt find the other thread
      there are someother stores selling them as meiochan pointed out so you could look there .
      I always go to the site ...I do find it very slow loading up ...but it gets there in the end :)

7. I'm glad to have found this thread I've been comtemplating on getting a bobobie doll...I'm stuck between the sprite girl and the Christmas doll Charisma lol... both are beautiful

8. the dolls are fantastic quality and the sculpts kep getting better.
      I just ordered 4 more dolls from Denver Doll - I feel like that is safer than buying direct.

9. Bumping this thread as I'm wondering how long on average Bobobie take to ship to the UK?

10. I'm also wondering how long my order will take, also to the UK.... anyone?

11. it depends as to if they have them in stock or not
      I know they have been busy lately
      you can always e.mail Dennis and ask , they have great communication :)

12. Arkady emailed them two weeks ago as she and D want to buy a 1/4 girl body for my birthday present and hasn't had a response yet :/

13. She should probably try again as I know Dennis had a problem with one of his computers recently.
      It is very unlike them not to communicate, Dennis is also on here a lot as well so perhaps a pm too may help :)

14. i'm guessing this is the bobobie feedback thread :sweat i just got a light tan Ophelia body. very fast shipping and Dennis is a dream to work with. he answered all my question and helped me with everything^^

15. I also have nothing but praise for Bobobie. My dolls (WS Ophelia & NS Apollo) are lovely; they look great together. The dolls look much better in person than they do on the website. They are strung loosely, but I have heard that the choice was made to do so, to avoid chipping and stress on the joints in transit. I don't mind - it's a lot easier to tighten a string than it is to restring a doll more loosely!!

Dennis has also been lovely to me, answering all of my questions and going out of his way to provide good customer service.

16. What is their shipping method now... can you ask for EMS?

17. I ended up PMing Dennis direct about my order and he responded very quickly and courteously. The Bobobie Sprite body I ordered was despatched by UPS and Dennis PMed me the tracking number; it reached the UK less than a week after payment was confirmed.

I can highly recommend Dennis and Bobobie! :)

18. :bumping this one for my opinion... I love ordering directly from Bobobie, as you get personal responses regarding all you queries from Dennis, he is very hands on and deals directly with his customers, he has been very accommodating with special orders etc...

I've ordered bobobie items from Junkyspot too (And Emory is just as attentive as Dennis might I add - both very service oriented AWESOME!!!), but only because I was already buying stuff from them and it made sense to combine the postage :)

the only complaint I have to make is the web-site seems to crash every other day and it makes it difficult to check on your order status and messages.

19. I've not ordered directly from Bobobie but I am certainly planning on getting my Pandora direct, considering my Cookie is secondhand and I think he's lovely, so certainly getting another. Nice to see positive things about ordering direct from them, although they are strung loosely? Hmn, I guess my Cookie had been restrung then, because he kicks since his stinging is really tight. Though I do wonder what their shipping prices are like

20. I ordered a SD girl body directly from Bobobie and it was perfect. I've since bought 3 other Bobobie dolls through Denver Doll, A tiny Eric, A tiny Sunny and a boy sprite which was a special order. The quality now is as good if not better as the SD body I got last year.