1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie web site and thought about them

Mar 31, 2007

1. I have to agree with everyone regarding the quality of Bobobie's dolls. My sprite is so beautiful! The resin is wonderfully smooth, and seems to hold heat well (like when she sits in my lap, she gets warm). I'm seriously considering getting an Elana from them.

2. One other thing about Bobobie. The stock pictures on their website are awful. The dolls are absolutely GORGEOUS in person. Re: the shipping question, its about the same as most other places. I think my SD cost $35 by EMS and got here in TWO days after I got the shipping notice!

3. i'm trying to decide which of the 60cm female Bobobie dolls to get...
      i'm stuck on either Elena, Rachel or Ophelia... anyone have pix of their dolls i could see? The ones on the Bobobie website aren't all that great.

Thanks!!!

4. I've been considering getting dolls from Bobobie, too. They have a great customer service, and Dennis is really great as well. He listens to people and suggestions that are made are actually taken into consideration, which is always great to see in any kind of company. I was a little worried that, because of the price, the quality of the dolls might not be good at all. But it's great to see that everyone seems to love them! I'm fairly sure I'm going to be ordering an Apollo sometime soon, then.

5. I have two Bobobies and a third on the way. The Tony I bought at Resin Con really sold me on them. I love the feel of the resin, their flexibility when posing, all the color choices, and the fact you can order any of the heads on either the girl or boy bodies.

I didn't buy mine direct from the company. I got my first two through BlakRose Dolls (one in person at the con and one ordered through her website) and the one that's on the way I bought off the forum. I've heard a lot of good stuff about ordering directly, however and wouldn't be afraid to do so.

I really can't say enough good things about these dolls :)

6. Well it seems im stuck looking at that but i wouldnt say there bad for how inexpensive they are. But i wouldnt compare them to most other dolls, i dont plan to own one.

7. If you don't actually have one yourself and have no plans to own one, you're hardly qualified to comment on the quality of the dolls or the company itself, are you?

From the point of view of someone who has ordered one of these dolls and also has a great deal of experience with a great many dolls and companies, I'd say that for their price the Bobobie dolls are an excellent deal and very good quality - and compare very favourably to other dolls. If you're looking for an inexpensive entry-level doll, I'd say go for it - you certainly won't be disappointed by the quality or service from Bobobie.

8. I worked with Lucia of the former BJDollMall. (is she still closed?)
      Working with her was great, and she and Dennis took care of any problems I had.
      They ordered another headcap for me (which i keep as spare) and a second set of black glass eyes. These are hard to find! I've searched!

Their site forums are very friendly, and Bobobie has contests often. Their prizes usually consist of a discount on an order. There are tons of owner photos there in the Gallery!

I've got a lot of photos in the ol' signature, so feel free to look if you're curious about the 60cm boys. There's a whole set called 'how stu works'. As well, not many people own a Tiah, so peek through the stream and you'll find her eventually.

9. Ive seen bobobie in person and yes there good for the price but they do not compare to alot of other doll types. I def wouldnt want to own one ive handled them b4 though.

10. As Arkady pointed out earlier... you're commenting on a company review because?...
      If they don't rock your boat fine... there's a lot of dolls I don't like... but I don't express my feelings on a company review just to poke people.

This is a thread for posting company reviews... not about your taste in dolls, please do not comment again to this effect, your comments are irrelevent! A mod will probably delete your comments.

I DID order from Bobobie. I got a body for my Nanuri head. I must say the resin is buttery soft to the touch and of high quality. I had a great service with Dennis and I would recommend these dolls... I intend to buy one of their smaller dolls too. When I got my doll she was loosely strung Dennis does that on purpose to make sure the doll doesn't break because it's too tightly stung. I have since restrung my doll and she now poses beautifully.

As someone who has a few dolls, I can vouch that these dolls are very well made... And they were seamless... I can't say the same of the Volks dolls I have that were WAY MORE expensive and yet retain their seamlines.

11. I'm with Arkady and acexkeikai on this one. I have quite a few dolls--some from more expensive companies, and I don't have any problems comparing Bobobie to the other dolls I have. I think this is an issue of personal preference more than quality as I too find their silky soft seamless resin one of the things I really like about them and they pose better than some of my pricier dolls. However, it all depends on what the individual wants in a doll.

12. company review. it says what do u think about them and since ive seen them in person i can comment my opinion. I dont have to think what u do.

13. Yes, but if you read the rules of this subforum (or at least the clear implications,) it does point out that these review threads are for people who have dealt with the companies and their opinions of the quality of merchandise and transaction, not for people to voice opinions on the dolls without ever having dealt with the company.

It might also help if you take the time to employ some basic capitalization and not use webspeak when you are commenting in a professional/critiquer/reviewer capacity, as it would make your statements easier to understand to the wider audience. I am not criticizing you, I am simply making a suggestion. :)

As for my dealings personally with Dennis and Bobobie, it has been lovely everytime. I wish him and his company all the best. :) Is the doll perfect? Hardly, but I have as many complaints about the dolls I spent 2-4x more on as I do about the Bobobie dolls.

~Anrui

14. What did you order?

Charisma Demon Lilac W/O Faceup
      60cm Boots

When did you order?
      April 12

How was the communication?
      Answered all questions via website.

How easy was it to pay?
      Great with PayPal.

How long did it take to ship?
      5 1/2 weeks

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Good for the price. Nice starter doll.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, but site could use more pictures.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Unique doll for a great price.

Only issue I have is doll headcap latch was broken (maybe customs). I contacted Bobobie Doll Mall and am promised a replacement is coming soon.

15. What did you order?
      White skin Ophelia w/o faceup

When did you order?
      May 6

How was the communication?
      Great!

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy w/PayPal

How long did it take to ship?
      She arrived in 28 days!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely!!!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Better, if you can believe it... i agree with the above comment the site could use more pix.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very! Can't wait to order another one... when i've got the cash, that is...