1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonding and YOU.

Aug 20, 2004

1. I really enjoyed your post Marc, I found it fascinating. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with him, that's the most important thing for me... the fun part of living with these strange little characters whose rich narratives exist in our imaginations! For me, 'bonding' is a strange concept which changes and shifts every day... I'd find it very hard to express what I feel about it and for it to make any sense to anyone else!

2. Thanks ^_^ - see you in Croydon ?

3. My first Dollfie love, and I think shall remain a dream of mine, has always been Shirou, but looking around for more realistic options, I had wanted an FCS F29. I'd surfed around to many different makers sites, looking at the options however, and found I quite liked Luts dolls - Chiwoo in particular. Then I saw El, and he really caught my eye. After, I for some reason visited Liria's site, and saw Elf El (I hadn't seen/noticed his release before that). I really really liked the pictures, and the fact that he was a limited, yet much cheaper then a Volks. So I did the impulsive thing and ordered him.

Although I loved the pictures and the mould and stuff, I was extrodinarily worried that he'd get here and I wouldn't like him as much as I'd thought, especially as my first bjd, and that I would wish that I'd just waited and gotten an FCS. However, when I opened that box up with much exciment and only 2 days ago too!), I totally fell in love and was lost to him. He was utterly gorgeous, and I love him so much more then I thought I ever would. He's really begun talking to me, and I'm seeing his personality more. I think my 'bonding' went off really well!

It's lovely hearing all these stories though. ^_^ Specially ones like you Minako and Marc. I'm glad you guys found the right ones for you. And like aimee, I salute you Minako for your dedication! lol. My folks didn't even know I'd gotten one, and thought I was totally crazy... especially my dad. Who wants to call my poor Kitori 'Mullet'. o_o For what reason? Because he came with a long wig. :x Silly parents. heh.

4. I'm not going to Croydon. I do hope we can meet up some other time tho ^_^

5. To be honest, my first sd love wasnt' the first sd i got.

My MSD Myu was my first doll, and while we did bond, and she is very snuggly, there's something not quite right... I would attribute this to my poor skills at painting her face.

it just didn't look right when I did it. She wasn't what I felt her to be. So right now, Faith is at Djinn & Mae's gettinga faceup, and somehow, I have this feeling that she's gg to be perfect.

As for Grace , I met her at a Cosplay event where Domuya was displaying their dolls. She was sitting with Prince of Cinderella, and I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. Domuya weren't sure they were gg to sell her, since the pair were the first CH dolls that they had received, but i loved her so much that they offered her to me the next day... and I was flying off that morning, so my bf had to go to domuya and put a deposit for me....

my parents are a bit freaked how attached i am to "my dolls". :) so is my bf... but he's very understanding and even taught me how to take better pictures, and he occassionally will take beautiful portraits of my sweeties.

*hearts*

and my 3rd girl Joy, whom I've been photographing madly... I wasn't sure if I wanted her from the pictures, but as I've posted in the gallery thread... when I saw her, she had the violet eyes I wanted, PINK cushions, and the peachy skintone! I had to get her then and there... it was a bit scary. I'm still trying to get to know her, but she's very different from my slightly cheeky Faith, or my sweet, docile Grace.

She's older, and stronger-willed? rather quiet in personality, but I expect that will change in time. She's been with me for a short while only.

And, my dear bf likes her! he really does! i've never seen him voluntarily pick up a doll, until Joy. And we did an entire photoshoot of just Joy.... bias! but i'm thrilled that he's actually bonded to some extent to one of my girls. ;D

6. Well, this is going to be extremely long XD But I really want to say all of it.

I was NEVER into dolls when I was a little girl. I was a complete tomboy... dolls were boring. Expensive dolls back then (the early 90s) weren't all that pretty either, so it was difficult for me to really get into them at all. But now that I'm almost 21... people have asked me, why am I playing with dolls now? Isn't that very childish of me? My answer is no, because dollfies are SO much more than just dolls. They're 3 dimensional works of art, that change as days pass, and they embody small parts of our own souls as well as one of their very own.

I first learned about the Volks dollfies through my good friend Rabbit (that's her nickname :oops: ). She made several sacrifices, and bought a MSD Sakura, who has since been named Salim. I admired from afar for a while, never really taking interest, until I actually met the little dickens... upon seeing her, I became much more intrigued and started researching them. I became very drawn to the MSD Mika... but she wasn't available at the time. I began to pine for her, but I didn't have the money and it wasn't really a serious thing at the time. I even worried that the only reason I wanted one was because Rabbit had one, and I have a tendency to covet a lot :oops: However I found that I really wanted one for myself and not because she had one through time and thought.

And then, Rabbit asked me to do a faceup for Salim. How could I refuse? I was so interested, and to have one of their faces to look at for a couple of days might help me decide if it was a good idea. I had never painted a doll's face before, but I had done work on rounded surfaces so I wasn't completely unprepared. The finished product was lovely, and aside from it I came away from the project knowing I absolutely wanted a MSD.

I'd looked at pictures of the bigger dolls, but none of them caught my fancy the way that the MSD did. Their little bodies were just like little girls', and were more appealing to me because I'd much rather be dressing up a little girl doll than a matured "woman" doll as I call them.

But I put the idea of getting one out of my head for the most part when it was blatantly obvious that I didn't have the money. I put most of my thoughts about it on hold.

And then, I got an idea. I had seen that volks had a small vinyl ball jointed doll, as customizeable as the super dollfies and not nearly as expensive. I was pining for a dollfie so much by then, and on a whim I bought a Volks EB Beauty body in beauty white from eBay. I felt a little guilty for it right after, because I remembered, wasn't I supposed to be saving my money for a MSD?

She came to me bald and naked and eyeless, but I instantly knew her name. Sonya. She somehow doesn't have a full name... she only wants me to know that she's called Sonya. She soon aquired a black volks waffle wig, and blue eyes. Rabbit donated an old barbie outfit to her so she didn't have to wear ugly old skipper doll clothes :oops: I originally thought she would satiate my longing for a dollfie, and that when I was ready I would pass her on to someone else so that I could afford my future MSD. Only I can't even dream of doing it now... Sonya has developed a personality of her own! Painting her and chosing hair and eyes for her changed my attitude towards her... somehow I just can't let go now!

Over this past summer, while fawning over Sonya and still pining for a MSD, I got a job; my very first one. I saved and saved and saved... and when I had more than enough for my MSD I began shopping. I must say over and over again, Rabbit saved my life!!! I wanted a mini so badly that I had forgotten about the Mika and nearly ended up with a Myu... I would've loved Myu, no doubt, but Rabbit caught me at the LAST moment to tell me that she thought I liked the Mika, and to hold off until I knew for sure of what I wanted.

I shopped for a few more days... I looked at other doll sites, not just Volks, to see if anything caught my eye. And then I noticed it; JUST as I was in the market for a MSD, the Mika had just been re-released! What timing, I still think it was destiny calling. I don't have a credit card, so after a little more thought, Rabbit let me use her credit card and my little Mika was on her way.

But before we even pressed "send" for the order... when I was looking at the Mika... I wanted to be absolutely sure. The way that Volks had her made up on the site wasn't appealing to me... I was having a hard time feeling anything while looking. So I began looking up pictures of how other people had customized their Mika dolls. It was when I saw someone had put a dark wig on her head and given her dark eyes I instantly knew. She is the mirror image of me... as I was when I was a little girl. And as I looked at her, the name appeared: Lilac.

It only took her 5 days to get to Rabbit's house. During those 5 days, Lilac was speaking to me. She told me that she liked dragonflies, and being barefoot. She gave me her last name, Haze. She told me that she is a reincarnated soul.

Rabbit sanded her for me, and put her together. Many people have said that they bond when they do this for their doll... somehow I just didn't feel right doing it myself. I have a very heavy hand, you see, and I trusted Rabbit much more than myself because she is much more gentle. When I finally went to Rabbit's house to pick her up, she was ready and waiting, wearing the brown eyes that Salim originally came with instead of her blue eyes. Salim was glad to donate, apparently, because she had been wanting light eyes all long ^_^

I was speachless when I saw her. I'd already bought her clothing previous to her arrival, and we dressed her up right away. The reason I love her head mold so much more than the Myu/Sakura/Magie head is because she looks like me... and she has an oddly distant/sad look in her eyes that I also had when I was a child.

Lilac has since told me much more about herself... I've narrowed it down to her either being a reincarnated angel, or a faerie... but she's being mischievous about it XD she won't tell me which, and just when I've pegged her as one of the other she tells me no, I'm wrong XD She also says she remembers dying, and remembers when her soul didn't have a body. Aparently, her soul entered her body the moment I held her in my hands. Something very bad happened to her when she died... but she won't tell me what happened yet. She keeps secrets, but I hope she'll tell me one day.

And I fully believe that these dolls have a personality, and yes, a soul. Lilac stopped being "just a doll" the moment I saw that picture of the Mika with the brown hair and eyes. Even though Lilac has firmly decided she enjoys being blonde, she's got a brown wig coming soon and some other colors of eyes, because she wants to play dressup. She's a very complex little being. I truly believe she can "be" in the same way that we humans "are".

I'm so deeply attatched to her, I don't think I would EVER part with her. I didn't understand how people could bond with these dolls until I had my own... now I'm busy trying to tell other people not into dollfies that I'm not insane XD That's why I'm glad for this group, and my friend Rabbit... you all understand what it's all about.

That's my story, bits of it were left out I'm sure XD I didn't want this to go on for 29750346 pages (even though it might have! :oops:) If you made it through all of it... you're a champion and I applaud you!!

*Wings*

7. Thank you everyone for all those lovely stories! I find it really fascinating how people can bound to their little angels.

I can relate to most of you too. My Sariel and Kiyoshi had also told me their named and personallity before they arrived at my home. It just seems to come naturally. That's how I know that Kiyoshi is a little on the dark side, or that Sariel has the soul of an angel (not litterally, but he is such a sweetie!).

I think it's destiny to get the dolls we have for most of us actually. I remember seeing Sariel just because I was bored and not sure I could get an Unoa. I remember thinking "what the hell, I should watch other BJD sites too" and saw him on HappyDoll. The sparkles flared instantly. And just as I ordered him, I got the autorisation from my dad to try the lottery and won Kiyoshi. Destiny I tell you.

Kiyoshi actually has a stronger personality than Sariel, she knows what she wants and I can hear her "voice" clearly. Sariel's "voice" is softer, not quite faint but softer. Somehow I feel a stronger pull to him nonetheless. Go figure. I know that Sariel was supposed to be a character of mine I created too, but of it he only kept the name and shown me his own personality. Kiyoshi told me right away so there was no trouble. ^_^

I also remember that for a while Sariel was the only BJD at my home, so that and the fact I paid for him with my own money (my father was so kind as to offer me Kiyoshi, I still don't know how to thank him for that) made our bound stronger I think.

But my bound with the both of them is still growing every day, and I know I could never sell them either no matter what. I just can't think of them as dolls, my mother says I treat them like my own children. ^_^

I think someone mentionned Shirou here, funny as he was the only other male BJD I loved beside Sariel. Now I can hear the call of Isao... Damn Volks and their limited dolls only!

8. Hi! :daisy

I found my first SD boy on eBay a few months ago.

In that period, I wanted to purchase a Volks male resin doll, no matter which one.

I wanted a Volks boy for my doll collection, you see.

So I decided I was going to buy the first one I would have found for a reasonable price...

To tell the truth, my favorite Volks boy was Captain Cecile, but it was too difficult for me to get one at that time.

Therefore, when I found a used SD Ken on eBay I was very glad because the price was good, and he already was in my Country, so the shipping fees would have been cheaper and I would have received him in just two or three days :daisy

But he had such a melancholic look in his eyes, and such a sad little face! :(

I had immediately noticed that even in the pics on eBay...

I felt he was a rather unhappy doll, but I decided to buy him anyways.

Then, I got to know that he had already been sold twice by his previous owners, that had had him around just for a few months and didn't play much with him.

Both of them hadn't been able to bond with him, though they found his face very sweet.

They hadn't even given him a name...

I suddenly realized my doll was a rather "mysterious" one...

As soon as I opened his box for the first time, I felt mesmerized by him.

I felt awe, though he was just a small SD boy, not a gorgeous SD13, e.g. like Lucas or Captain Cecile.

My mother and sister also confessed he made them feel rather uneasy.

I kept him closed in his box for a few days. I almost didn't dare to look at him.

What was the secret with this doll, I'm still not sure of.

Anyways, maybe I have found one reason for his "sadness".

As a matter of fact, when I first attempted to change his clothes, I found out his string was too tight and his head hadn't been attached correctly.

In fact, it wasn't blocked by the body string, but only tied to the S hook by the small elastic band of the head pate.

For all of those reasons, to my doll it was very hard to pose well.

Perhaps this is the reason why his previous owners decided to re-sell him so quickly.

Someone said that all things are able to be influenced by or retain some emotions, so maybe when I received my doll, he was "filled" with the disappointment of his previous owners (that are very nice and kind girls, anyways).

Therefore, I decided to purchase everything necessary to re-string him, and will do it as soon as I find the courage to (I am very much afraid of damaging him, since I never re-stringed an SD doll before... :oops: ).

My sister says he looks happier now, because, even though he still can't pose well, I have decided to play with him and take pictures of him.

Now I have bought a beautiful Volks stand in white resin that helps him stand up more easily, and have dressed him up in a very elegant black Victorian boy outfit that suits his "Hamlet - like" personality much better :wink:

He truly looks more serene now :daisy

Barbara

9. In my case, the drift towards BJDs was slow and gradual. My first favorite doll was a Takara Jenny from my Japanese grandfather, and so I grew up with an affinity for Japanese fashion dolls with their big sparkly eyes. When I got into customizing dolls, I found out that there was a company called Volks that made dolls for customization. I met many friends in both the US and Japan who customized these Volks Dollfies, and quite a few of them had SD or MSD by Volks as well.

Earlier this year, a friend started talking about getting a BJD, and posted a link to Angel Region. It was there that I fell in love with Daniel, a sweet-faced Little Fair boy who looked at me with haunting innocence in his eyes. He had the same name as my husband, and the same eye color, and same hair color... I knew I had to have him.

Unfortunately, he was a limited edition of ten (!) dolls. :p

I just couldn't forget that face, though, and I ended up ordering a boy version of Dana, a similar headmold. I also ordered a Bee-A doll from Dream of Doll to be a little version of me.

When my Dana-boy arrived, I was enchanted by him right out of the box. He was so small, and delicate, and sweet!

I'm still in the process of bonding with my Bee-A girl, unfortunately. Unlike the Dana-boy, she didn't come with a face-up, and her skintone was quite different from what I was expecting... as is her personality. I may eventually have to go to Volks's FCS system if I want a perfect mini-me... but even though my Bee-A girl isn't quite what I was expecting, I do like her a lot.

10. With Seiya, when I first hunted, I found the customhouse dolls. before then, I'd rarely seen them - almost NO ONE owns a sram, so I didn't know he existed! And I stumbled across a photo of him and Choa side by side, and said "they are it."

Sram (Seiya) was the first one I bought. He arrived three days after I paid for him, and he was perfect before I even got him entirely out of the wrapping. I remember always fixing him, and I'd cross the room to where he sat, just to put a hair back in place.

A month later, after Seiya had cried daily for his choa, Michiru arrived, (two days shy of an exact month, at that!) and they've been a perfect couple. For a while, I wondered if I loved Michiru more, but realised Seiya always has that soft spot in my heart. My best friend and I carried them around at the convention (Otakon) and she doesn't like Michiru so she would only hold Seiya - and I remember wanting to take my little boy from her, but never did.

Now I have two more that I have my eye on. A dark elf Soo, and a FCS F-27. I think with these two, it will be the conclusion of my family. But even so, the whole way, every baby has been love at first sight!

Kajurin

11. I didn't bond super much with my LF Dana. I don't know why. She was very sweet and fun to dress up and play with, but my heart was definately lying with a larger doll.

I then got my Obitsu 60cm, Kesami. I hated her instantly. With no face up, she looked ugly and boring. I wanted to put her back in her box and send her back to HLJ. I was so disappointed.

Hubby suggested finding a face up artist and I finally found one within my price range. Now, I would never give up my Kesami for anything. A lot of people think the obitsu joints are ugly, and I have to agree, they aren't the most beautiful things in the world, but I really love my Kesami now and I will just look at her for long periods of time. I'm still trying to find her "look", but it's a happy work in progress.

I really pined for Elf Shiwoo, and I missed the chance to get him. I am not into the boy dollz, but for Elf Shiwoo, I could make an exception. :wink:

When I got my Dark Elf Soo, I was instantly in love. She's got such a sassy face and attitude, how could I not love her? Her and I butt heads a lot, we're both stubborn. Kesami just watches us from the other side of the room in amusement. :oops:

I have my heart set on a few more dolls before I call my collection "complete". Here's to hoping I have great bonding experiences with them as well. :chibi

12. I love reading everyone's stories :grin:

I knew about SDs for a bit.. I thought they were cute and I loved the concept, but the four sisters and MSD Myus didn't appeal to me enough for me to want to buy one. Then MSD Mika came out and she hit me like a ton of bricks. She was perfect. She was also limited, so I figured she was out of my reach. Then Volks came out with MSD Ken standard.. same head, but he was a boy and I wanted a girl. I figured what the heck, I'd just dress him as a girl anyway. He came, but we didn't bond... he was just another doll. I had my heart set on Mika so much that having a little boy seemed like settling. I couldn't bring myself to dress him in girl clothes and boy clothes were hard to come by so he languished in his box. I started searching Y!JA for Mikas and found a customized Mika/Ken hybrid painted by Bluebird. She was my first girl MSD and I love her to bits. I thought that would be it, but one day I found the REAL MSD Mika on Y!JA and I had to get her. When she got here it was an instant bond. She is perfect. I've since added Tsubaki, an MSD FCS F-06 girl, and an SD13 Syo... other than the MSD FCS girl, I hadn't planned on getting any of them. Their particular photos just caught my attention. The bonds for the newer ones are there.. .they're not as strong as the ones I have with my Mikas but they'll get there as I learn more about each one. :oops:

My BJDs have little background stories, but mostly they have big personalities. They really are miniature people. :grin:

13. Let's see... I was on vacation visiting a friend when the first El and Lishe pictures were released. It went something like this:

Me: *using Kalmia's pc at her desk*
      Kalmia: *sitting on the floor with her laptop* They released pictures of El. *staring at the screen*
      Me: *turns around, not knowing what I was getting into**goes over to Kalmia and the laptop* Oh jeez... He's gorgeous, isn't he? *<-- In a sort of non-excited, "What now?" tone*

Then I saw him and wow. I had been planning to buy a Soo Special because there weren't any boy dolls that I was interested in, but when I saw El... It was amazing! It was like he was made for me or something- Those pouty, full lips and the demure eyes.. ^^; Okay, I won't gush. So I gathered together the money I'd saved up for nearly a year and preordered him. He came to me on May 24, 2004, just like I'd envisioned him. I bonded with him immediately. There was no question about it. I carried him around, took tons of pictures of him, took him to A-kon with me, and to this day, he still sleeps in my bed right next to me.

Jaede was my first doll and I couldn't have bonded with him any more than I did. I had never spent that much money on anything in my life, but I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that I preordered him super-early. ^^ He couldn't have come sooner. You see, I'd just spent my first year in Minnesota after my family was forced to move to MN because of my dad's job. Jaede was sorta my "Congratulations For Surviving A Year In Minnesota" present to myself. He keeps me company! :wink:

14. Oh let's see. At first, I was really attracted to SD Michael, I'd look at him every day. I contacted a purchasing agent, but he couldn't be found. When I found out, I was depressed and went off to the CH site to go look at dolls for something to do, when I spotted Siwon. I musn't have seen him my first few times browsing, but I just fell in love.

And then I finaly got him. :3
      After unwrapping him I just kind of stared at his pretty little face for a few minutes.
      I almost don't want to get another doll because I'm worried that I'd neglect Bastion.

15. Oh wow, I love this topic, everyone's stories are so cute and heartfelt ^_^

I was into BJDs for less than a year before I got mine. I was first introduced to them by my friend Emily, she IMed me and was gushing over them and sent me links t pictures of some customized ones. Immediately I felt my heart tighten and just this overwhelming sadness and yearning took over, lol. Sounds pathetic I know. I just *wanted* a doll so *badly* I thought they were absolutely gorgeous, and Emily and I would sit at our computers together and just squee and pine and*want*. This lasted for about a couple motnhs, and eventually I thought I had gotten over the feelings. Then I came across a BJD site once more and started to pine all over again, my feelings renwed themselves and I knew at that poitn that if I didn't get a little person for myself I'd regret it forever.

I talked to my mom because I had called her when I had first found out about them and sent her links to pictures, and I was trying to find the funds to help me purchase one. I didn't have a job at the time and I'm a full time out of state college student so money is scarce. I then started to consider the savings bonds I had from when I was born and birthdays after that. Alot of them had matured past the worth they were originally marked for, and I had about $1200 all together. I honestly don't buy many things so I figured I could treat myself and buy something expensive that I normally wouldn't ever justify spending so much money on.

I went on easter vacation with the plan in my head that I was going to buy and Elf Shiwoo or Chiwoo Special when my mom gave me the bonds over the holidays. I liked both the molds, but I had the plan to make him into one of my novel characters and neither face truly fit completely, but I was going to settle as they were in my price range. I love Luts mold, much more than any other mold, so I knew I'd end up growing to love either of them. Over vacation my grandparents had gotten internet, so I hopped onto Liria's doll order site and was getting ready to place my order, but on a whim checked the Luts site. Then I saw the Lishe and El molds and nearly died. They were the most gorgeous things I'd ever seen. El's little slightly droopy pouty lips, and his angular yet smooth cheeks and chin and shy look enchanted me, I had to have him ^_^ So I changed my order around and preordered my El!

He came while I was still in school, though I had him sent to my house back in New Jersey. I had to wait a extra two weeks to get to him and I was just bouncing and so anxious those last weeks of school. I had my mom open him with me over the phone though when he first came, and she, though wary over him before, found him beautifula nd it was amusing hearing her go through a change of opinion on my doll over the phone ^_^ I feel kind of bad now though becuase I was asking her so many questions and none of her answers were detailed enough for my tastes. I had her put him completely back in his box and the box he was sent in with all the mailing info and taped back up like I was the first to open him XD

I got home and immediately ran up to my room after a few hasty hellos to my family and simply stared at the box for a few minutes. I had to work up the courage to open the box, I didn't know what to expect! Finally I got through the boxes and lifted the pillow from the top of him and the *biggest* smile came over my face. He *stunning*, and it was such a wonderful feeling seeing him for the first time. I immediately felt him speaking to me, he had such a unique personality. I had originally wanted to make him into my novel character as I said before, but I knew that he couldn't be made into anything, he was his own little person and I accepted and welcomed him just like that ^_^ We bonded immediately, he was so shy at first, and just wanted to be held and hugged and I hadn't even gotten clothes for him yet. Eventually he started to gain his own courage and started to open up to me more, to tell me about himself, I know many things about my Alexander now but he has so much he still has to tell. I knew he was not one for modern clothing, and if it were to be somewhat modern it'd have to be very elaborate and elegant.

I really think that these little dolls do have souls, my family and roommates give me odd looks and laugh when I talk to him or lament over how beautiful Alexander is, but I really don't care. He is special and all mine and makes me happy no matter what state of mind I'm in ^_^

Yet, I know he is still somewhat lonely. I'm not home and around him enough for the attention he seeks, and so I've begun saving for a second doll. A girl, and most likely a Lishe or Soo. I hope they get along, and I hope the bond I form with my second doll will be as strong as the o0ne I've made with my Alexander!

16. When I bought my first BJD a few years ago, the only boy dolls available were a few very expensive, limited ones by Volks. Now, as I'm shopping around for my next BJD, I've found that there are many lovely boys to choose from, and I just can't resist! I'm planning on getting a Shiwoo (or maybea Gene), and am very excited. :D

But with the exception of a couple of Ken dolls I had as a little girl and the GI Joe I got for my last birthday, I have never owned a male doll. I've been collecting dolls for years, but only girls! So I'm a bit nervous about getting my first boy doll--I'm hoping I'll be able to "bond" with a boy doll as well as I have with all my girl dolls. Not to mention the wardrobe issue. :oops: I could probably find clothing in my house for ANY size girl doll, but a boy? Well, Gwena has offered to lend some of her clothes . . . *snicker*

For those of you who have boy dolls, I'd love to hear about your first boy doll and how you "bonded". :grin: And was it any different than with your girl dolls?

17. Hi! :daisy

Since I already had many girl dolls of several brands, I decided that my BJD would be mostly boys :grin:

My boys are cute, lovely little things, and I love them a lot, though they both had (and still have) some "stringing" problems, so it has been a little hard for me to bond with them immediately, but only because I was very anxious about restringing them all by myself... :oops:

I think I'd prefer having a boy as a child, therefore I'm glad my "resin children" are boys! :grin:

18. My first boy was Licht - who was also the first SD boy released by Volks.

I didn't think to worry about bonding with him. And when he came, he was so charming and relaxed and cute - he just settled right in, like the little prince of the house that he is!

Since then, I've been far more interested in the boys than the girls, I'm afraid!

19. As a kid I only had girl dolls... which I never liked too much to be quite honest ^-^;; Anyways, after lots of thinking I decided to get a boy doll because of modeling purposes (being female myself I've got a pretty good idea of female anatomy but my male drawings were always a bit shaky). Anyhoo my first boy was Chiwoo and I love him dearly. I actually prefer him to female dolls ^-^ As far as bonding goes... that was pretty instant for me... doing his face-ups helped though! You can really get to know your doll through photography and drawing them as well if you enjoy being artistic ^-^ I wouldn't be nervous about bonding with your first male doll. After you get yours, you'll be sad that normal boys are no where near as beautiful! heehee

20. it depends on what you like ,but I love my boy dolls as much as my girl dolls, I mostly collected girl dolls before SD and my first SD was a girl doll. now I have about equal of both