1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonding and YOU.

Aug 20, 2004

1. thanks so much Sher! :daisy

wow,
      NONE of my friends, bf or fami really care about bjds. all you guys have been a life saver! <333

heh, DoA keeps me off the streets and away from drugs :lol:

2. That's what we're here for. ^____^

And you shouldn't feel like you're betraying Kira, to get a Lishe...just look at it as getting Kira a newer, better body. (Wow....I just had a burst of that "We can build him fast...stronger....smarter...." etc, narration from....er...some movie. 0.o)

3. ..."we can rebuild him. We HAVE the technology. He can be better than he was before... better... stronger... faster..." do do do DOOOOO... (running in slo motion, making the "na na na naaa" noise... wheeeee! :D

4. Well, if you're worried about her, just ask her new owner for some pics of her to make sure she's happy once she arrives. I'm sure she'll be loved. In the end, your relationship with your parents is more important even if you do really love your doll, and you worked things out with them and that's most important. and by selling her, you'll have a very large chunk of the money you need for Lishe. I can't wait until you get Lishe!

~Erin

5. wait...what IS that movie? i feel really stupid, cus ive seen it, ive even seen puns off of it...but i dont remember what its called. *dies from memory loss*

Eptrauma: good idea...now if only someone would just REPOND after emailing me about how they dont like my prices, so i email them back with a lower price and they never get back to me.

*opens up a large black trenchcoat* hey, mac. wanna buy a doll? :wink:

6. It's the Six Million Dollar Man with Lee Majors as Steve Austin. It was a tv show in the 70s. Then they had a spin-off with The Bionic woman with Lindsey Wagner.
      Oh man! How I remember!

I had a deam when when I was a Kid, I was running with both character, mind you in slow motion! With music playing !

There you go: http://www.sixmilliondollarsite.co.uk/

Video Clip: http://www.sixmilliondollarsite.co.uk/multimedia/videos/smdm.mpg

It's coming to DVD! YAYYY!!! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2423

7. I would really like to know some tips on this because I feel like I want to take better care of my dolls, and become closer to them.

I really, truely love Cloud. I'm so happy that some of the members here helped me to see who he really was, and now I want to get to know him better. Some people kinda ruined the experience of his arrival and everything(there were some harsh comments), but I want to get over it and seriously enjoy being with Cloud. I also have a Serendipity Shall on the way(any day now!), and I'm hoping her little smile will help cheer me up too.

So please let me know some things I could do to bond with them better, and I also hope some other members gain insight too^^

Thank you! I can't wait to hear all of your comments :D

8. i don't think i'm much use.. but i normally bond with a doll before they ever arrive. I'm pretty careful about what dolls I buy and I shop around alot. Unless I'm sure I'll love a doll, I don't buy it!

But once I get it home it's like, an amazing experience- I'm just so happy. I go through a period where I take the doll apart, sand it, coat it, blush it and redo the face up (if it had one) to make the doll completely mine. :)

9. Hiya

its a shame some people said/did things that may have spoilt things for you, but have to agree with dechanique I tend to have already bonded with the dolls I choose before they arrive and the period between ordering and arrival just make the bonding easier as cant wait for their arrival...

I would say just play, dress, photograph, and take with you as much as you can.. maybe make up photo stories and his character will develop.. ive seen some pics on your naming thread and he is cute..

just enjoy him, im sure you will bond better really quickly..

:daisy

Hugs Maz -x-

10. Ur Cloud is really special and I just think it's just downright nasty of others to put you down like that...Me Shoo Shoo Bad Karma away for you... :)

In my case, I kinda try to give equal time to them ... I tried to let all my dolls watch television together with me on my big bean bag ... ermm...then I generally end up sitting on the floor as they take up alot of space and I don't want to crush them or anything...I pose them and take pics~ I dress them and once in a while bring them out with me~ I sew stuff for them... etc.. alot of things to make you and ur doll bond~ Amelie is my 1st doll and I bonded with her instantly (even when she doesn't have a face up). There will be ups and downs during the bonding process :D

Hope that helps... :chibi

11. Be creepy!
      Hugs, stroking, talking, all sorts of crazy things!

I also reccomend taking a catnap with him in your arms.

12. I agree that you should play with him as much as possible...figuring things out like the correct color eyes, the right faceup, the style clothes you want, etc really forces you to think about his character and you'll end up knowing more about what you want and expect.

And yeah, the bonding process might not go smoothly- I bonded with my doll before he came, lost interest and considered selling only to wake up one morning a couple of days later and realize I was *crazy* about him. :grin: But the sorta weird thing is, it feels like I bonded with an entirely different doll, like I wasn't bonded to the photos I'd seen online but to my own customized doll instead.

13. I know the feeling. People have said alot of nasty things about kohya when they first came out(hell even after i got my kori) and whenever i see that kind of think, yeah, it does shake me. but donlt let that get to you.

alot of people find sanding their doll one way to bond. others, myself included, prefer lots of photos. some do faceups. find where your talents are and use your dolls in them =)

14. Eeee, that's aweful! *hug* Good thing no-one's said anything like that to me... they'd get a bit of a tongue lashing. ^^;;
      My mother jokingly compared him to Michael Jackson and got a good spanking for it.

But yes, like everyone said... just spend time with him. ^^ Kuro will often sit on my lap when I'm on the computer, and I've taken him shopping several times... (minis are good like that. ^^ ) Introduced him to music, etc...

15. My Shuya (a Tohya) has also been compared to Micheal Jackson! but he does have similar hair, i can kinda see what they mean.
      Good luck with getting to know Cloud

16. Aww, it sounds like you're bonding with Cloud already! :grin:

The first thing I do when I get a new doll is to give them a face-up -- this really makes them feel more special to me and like they're really "mine". Mind you, I haven't an artistic bone in my body, and my first face-up wasn't all that great. But I had done it myself!

I also find the *perfect* wig and eyes for them to use as defaults. And of course, having them hang out with you around the house and holding them on your lap while you're sitting is great for bonding with them. :daisy

17. I carry them around, take them to restaurants, take them with me to class and freak out my professors. There's just something about being the odd woman who carries dolls around and freaking everyone around you out that makes you really close to your babies. It makes you feel so close to them to show everyone how proud you are of them. :)

18. This might sound odd, but there's always the option of talking to him.

You'll be surprised how far that gets you.

19. *LOL* I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that impression! I had to do a lot of work on my boy's wig to restyle it, because I couldn't shake the image. >_<

Seraphym, as far as bonding goes...I don't really know if you can force it if it's not going to happen, but I think you have to give it time. I came into Dollfie collecting with the idea that bonding was a bunch of bull, but I'm pretty well brainwashed by my dolls now, too.

What has secured it for me is definitely taking photos and doing stories about them, it gives them lives and personalities beyond just dolls sitting on a shelf.

20. give them a personality, a strong one.

I sat down and wrote out character bios and descriptions for my guys... and it worked wonders.

Also, taking photos of them really helps (although Bastian I just fell in love with immediately, and have been carrying him around everywhere...)

Although... If you give them too definite personalities, they might decide they don't particularly like living with you. (Sasuke is looking to move out)