1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonding and YOU.

Aug 20, 2004

1. I take photos and sew clothes for them. :3 Since I sell the clothes, i typically will take time to make something really special for each doll. Something they will always keep for themselves.

But it doesn't have to be something you sew... just make them something like you would a friend. Make a valentine for him... or maybe buy a little stuffed toy? :3

2. How could anyone in their right mind think Tohya/Kohya looks like Michael Jackson?

I do believe those people need glasses....or a new perscription for those classes.

You know people don't have to be rude, and that's rude to say unkind things.

3. I, personally, was making that supposedly 'rude' comment about a doll that I happen to own and adore. :oops:
      I do still think Tohya's wig resembles some incarnation of Michael Jackson's hairstyle. Just not a style I particularly wanted for my doll.

Anyway, a lot of people are Michael Jackson fans, and wouldn't even consider it a rude or unkind comparison. *shrug*

4. Follow my lead...

*pet pet pet*

Mine. mine. mine.

What? I'm not crazy.

Okay, I am.

Yeah, clothesmaking (as good or bad as your attempts may be) is good way.

Play with the hands. That's so touching, somehow...

Here's the MJ connection:

Feminine man.

He's basically the only long haired feminine man people know.

I dun like "Chucky" comments... even though Eron's first outfit was a Chucky outfit... (I didn't realise until it was too late!)... and he wasn't wearing it when that guy was doing "CHUCKY."

*sniff* Stupid Chucky. Because of him, I can never look at that striped shirt the same way! And I don't think I'm even gonna go near those overalls...

Anyhoo, I think the worst comments may come from people who have never seen them. People sometimes soften up once they get a good look at 'em.

Do you think Michael Jackson has Super Dollfies? I hear he likes dolls and mannequins, so why not? He can definitely afford them. I've brought this up before, but I just had a thought. What if he showed up to a doll meet or convention. Aside from all the craze his presence would cause... Well... What would that be like? That'd be wild? XD I don't know what to think...

5. I sew for Ash alot, and draw up new costumes for him. I also like to show him to people, for some reason I just love thier reactions to such an unusual doll, so far almost everyone really loves him! Even my husband talks about him! heheh I sit him nearby when I watch tv or play video games, sometimes I juse like to stare at him cuz he is so lovely. but I find a really like to hold him alot. and pictures...yeah for sure, I cant wait for the weather to clear so I can make more outfits, more photostories and adventures for him. Plus I cant wait to "play" with him with some other dolls :)

6. I usually take pictures of Lewis and sew/buy him small thinsg every now and then...
      I take him with me wherever I can, and I talk to him (crazy people unite : D). Because it's truly like they listen and understand.

I'm always sitting at the computer with him in his chair or in my lap, he sleeps near my bed (i'm much too violent a sleeper to have him in bed with me), and watches TV with me.

It's all the little things that bring you both together : D

7. Just as everyone's been saying, do whatever you're most comfortable with.

I've taken my girl to work on several occassions; had her meet my coworkers and a few customers got to meet her. Had a little girl who sat down with Jeanne and told her about "big kid's school" while she waited for her mom to return from the restrooms. It was sweet.

Jeanne also likes watching video games, especially music oriented ones (Mad Maestro is her favorite).

8. Thank you guys!! :D
      I'm really making efforts to spend more time with him and establish him more. I made him a reaaalllly cute pair of shorts to go with his converse knee-highs(they are pink and black, from the craaazy Dottiestore :oops: )^-^
      One specific thing I did that seemed to help-- I changed the position of his eyes a few times, and I found a position that is so pretty! Cloud looks like he's looking right into you now, and his eyes follow you for a bit!! It's so cool! :D :D I worked really hard on that. :chibi
      Someone mentioned that I should post with Cloud a bit more; I will do that, but something I noticed about him is that he likes to swear a bit (hahahahah) (I don't know why~)
      I got a new white cloth out and cleaned him up a bit too.

AmnesticAngel: I have been petting him! The resin feel so amazing(I'm trying not to seem like a big perv though, hahahah). I also have two pairs of hands for him, the El default and the Chiwoo optional hands, so I mix them up a bit. (ps. I got the red boots! I forgot to let you know directly-- Shall hasn't come in the mail yet, but I will try to take pics of them when she comes^^ any day now!!)

The El 'claw' hand is actually pretty useful, he can brace himself with it, grab things with it, play videogames with it~
      I give him little McDonald's toys too~ He has a mini My Little Pony and some mini Sonic handheld games (they fit so well in his hands). I hate McDonald's...... but I guess their toys are alright.
      *Cloud* "What are you talking about, "alright"!? They are made by poor Chinese children!!"
      Give it back then~
      C: "Neeeeeeeevermind-"

Oh god, you poor guys getting your SDs compared to MJ~!
      :barf
      C: "Michael Jackson just looks CRAZED!! None of us look like THAT!....
      *sees fine print* eeeeEEEEEEEEW! I would rather kill myself than be collected by that f--"
      OK! bed time!
      (g'night) *muffles*

[we're getting along already, although, he's pretty cocky~ HAHAH]

9. i bonded with ammon before he was even here.

when he showe dup, no matter what anyone said i didn' are. he made me happy. and i made him happy

and the mere fact together we can scare my brother and creep out my boyfriend. brings smiles to our faces.

10. like pets i get attached as soon as i see em. as soon ask i sent my first payment in for moon i ws excited and felt a conection coming. but i wasnt truely like in love with her until i popped out her old eyes and but better ones in and gave her a new wig. almost instant bonding. she does everything with me. she has a litter thrown she sits on at my computer desk. and i take her everywhere. and my ferrets love her.

i got stupid comments from people too. -.- my family understands or doesnt care about it. but when i told people at work they were like. 700 dollars for a doll thats dumb i can buy this or that with 700 dollars. and i just always said to them. " we all have hobbies and things we like to collect. you may like purses or shoes, or you may like to collect stamps or toy cars. everyone has a hobby that costs money. mine happens to be dolls. deal with it!"

this one girl at my work calls her " its just a big barbie" ugh it really annoys me when ever she says that. and ofcorse i get stares and comments when i gout out in public with her. but oh well im use to it. i live in a redneck town and i get stared out no matter what i do. heh i almost got into a brawl with this like 30 yr old man that was working at the mcdonalds. i left and some of my friends were still there and she asked my i had a doll. so they told me and i came back and i was like "excuse me!" heh.

11. Just play with him. :grin: That's what I do. Just pick him up and carry him around and play with him. Ichiiro always sits on the counter while I shower. I talk to him while I get ready in the morning.
      I've also found that taking a doll out in public is an awesome bonding experiance.

12. This has been bothering me for a while... Mana just doesn't talk to me... ever. He's not even "there" sorta speak. He just sits there smiling, starring blankly into nothing. It's as if he's dead.

I can't get in contact with him in any way, not even when mentioning Daidai.

Luciel has no idea why Mana's gone, neither has Sakaki, but ok, Sakaki NEVER speaks with Mana.

I dunno what to do, I tried spicing him up a bit with some shading around the eyes. He didn't react at all. I fear he's left me completely. He been with me for so long, but I never really get around to play with him, cuz he's like a dead person when I try.

I need figure out what to do. Maybe Mana's just moved out, he never DID tell me about his plans. I dunno, one thing's for certain, he's not there for me.

Should I start "advertising" for a new being to "move" in?? Or.. should I paint him up beautifully and ... sell him... I dunno. He no longer fits in with the others, I know he never liked the fact that I was getting others, but he actually "cut" me off when he heard of Hisui, Silk and Jewel.

Argh I dunno.. I really don't know.

If I sell him, he's gonna get a full bodywork, face-up, sanding, blushing, coating. Outfit and all... I need to think this through.

I hate to think how this will all affect poor Daisuke.

13. I can't really help you, because i never thought of my dolls are soul placeholders so to speak (or bodies for people to move into).

But it's always interesting to read about it. I know Seph feels the same way about her dolls.

I hope you figure it out, Leechy- i'm sure Mana will go to a good home if you do decide to sell him. There are many many people pining after your darling.

14. I'm so sad to hear this ;_; I know you have had troubles bonding with him, maybe it IS the right thing to do, but he's still your first doll. I want to say that repainting him or taking pictures of him would help, but I know you have tried and that it didn't work. This makes me wish I had the money to buy him, but I don't think I'd be able to take proper care of him, even if I had ^^; He's something special, I've always thought that. But I would like to know how you feel about selling him? If it feel right, then it's probably the right thing to do. I dunno..

15. The same thing happened with Hiro's body (tender yen). It's not that we didn't bond but he left his old shell. Luckily his old shell found a very nice person to buy it and when we find a new shell that we really like he will be back again. I don't know if you want to move on from him altogether and bring in a new edition but hope you sort through things so everything works out :daisy

16. I think I'll end up selling him, yeah.. cuz Mana won't come back sadly. I need to talk to Giggles first though ._.

17. Yeah, I'm still holding on to my first BJD but I'm not sure if I should. I don't seem to be connecting anymore. ;-;

But yeah, if you think Mana has really moved on and is not coming back it might be for the best to sell the body. As sad as it seems there's no point in having an empty shell about.

18. *hugs* that just sounds soo sad....I'm sure someone would love to have Mana...its too bad that he's gone. :crushed

19. Oh, that is sad. But, I think you're right. He's not coming back. and, contrary to what "normal" people think, it's not your subconscious mind or lack of play or commitment to your doll. he's just gone.

it's as if the energy that made up who he was has left or been used up. will there be a spark for whoever buys him?

I once had a necklace made for me by a gifted jeweler in Arizona. A silver squash blossom necklace that had such power in it, as if a spirit were living there. In my case, (and I'm not comparing you and I or your doll with a necklace) I misused the energy in the necklace for frivolous and silly things and one day I put it on and it lay on my neck like a big, beautiful piece of silver. pink mother of pearl and silver. nothing else.

I think we're all like a reservoir, and every well has a bottom.

Gosh, sorry for going on an on...

My dolls send you positive thoughts and good energy.

20. I'm so sorry, Leechy. :( I hope this turns out happily for both you and Mana. You never know, though- maybe once you've given him a complete make-over, new sanding and painting and clothes and everything, he'll rethink his decision and come back to you?