1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonding with Dollfie Dreams as opposed to all-resin BJDs?

Aug 30, 2005

1. Thanks for all your info guys!
      Hahah, I love the stories about them bouncing~ XD

I just got my Femi (Natsuki) and Cheryl (Maaya), and I am bonding with them so amazingly!
      When I first got them, there were many "Ooooo, so weird!!" statements flying out of my mouth when I was trying out posing them and how they feel and how their heads are attached and everything-- they're so cool! They're drastically different from Super Dollfies, but it's in a really good way... They're so pretty and fun, and their looks contrast so well with the more realistic looks of Super Dollfies (basically, they make your SDs look more real!). It's a really amazing effect.
      I would recommend Dollfie Dreams to anyone and everyone who has an open mind. :chibi

2. I -LOVE- my DD2 body. If I could get a boy body like the DD that's as sexy as the Luts boy body, I'd be really tempted not to fuck with resin bodies at all! XDD
      I love the squishy boobs, I love the LIGHTNESS, I love that they pose so so well and hold their poses well, and I lovvve the sexy curviness. Yum.

3. Where did you get your DD2?! I soooo want a DD2!!! *cries and gets on his knees*

4. I LOVE RIDDEL>>>> yup that's it.

5. Volks should have them in stock at some point, they aren't right now though :cry: I want another one for poor body-less Tomoyo! ....Maybe I'll get a DD1 and mod it so she can sit up...I dunno... (shrug) ...they(DD1) really don't pose that good ...

And yea zoi_no_miko, the squishy breats and lightness is awesome indeed! :D Although Arwen is heaver than a standard DD2 becasue of her super sculpey head :oops: haha (so she is like 1.8 pounds or something)

Love my Arwen! :D

6. o_O woah, is this a old post or what. Sorry to bring back an old post but I had to ask some questions. Just recently, I've decided to get my girl the dd body. I've heard many good things and bad things. Good things being she poses well, she has a killer shape, light as a feather and soft and mushy!!

*squisy boobs = awesome*

Bad things being they tend to yellow, the arch on thier backs and o_O I forgot the other bad things but anyhow.

My volks head is a sd mimi and well, the head will obviously be heavy for the body but at least, she'll have one.

What I wanted to know is that you all know about the new DD optional parts right. I can finally have a white body for my girl.

So answer me this, is the new optional parts (the white body) The d1 body "(the first one which is strung) or the DD2 body? (with the inner frame)

Now, I think it's the first body that they released. Okay....so is there any major or minor differences to both bodies.

Does the first body not pose as well as the second body? Is the first body squishy too just like the second body.

ARE THEY BOTH AWESOME BODIES?!!

I just wanted to know because I'm going to purchase her body soon. Thank you and if this is in the wrong place, let me know. =D

AH SHE'S A DD2 BODY WITH THE FRAME!! AWESOME AWESOME!! I STILL WANT TO HEAR STORIES THOUGH. =D

7. I bonded with DD head amazingly. But the body I had a hard time getting used too

8. The white body is the newstyle DD2 type body.

The DD2 body is MUCH better than the previous version. The problem with the arched back is corrected in the second version. It also poses much better and the joints glide in a smooth, effortless way and hold their position perfectly. It's still squishy, but since it does have an armature, I find it just a little heavier and more substantial than the DD1. I loved the original DD body at the time, but now I can't imagine how I put up with it. I can't really think of any flaws of the DD2 body off the top of my head, except that it can stain, especially at the fingertips. However, with the optional parts, this isn't a problem. I think there are comparison pics floating about, and a faq.

However, since the body isn't strung, I think it is harder to attach a resin head. It can be done though, as Lithe-Fider has shown.

And for the original question, yes, I absolutely love my DD as much as my resin dolls. On a daily basis, I think she gets the most attention of all and I wouldn't ever trade her for a resin doll. Actually, in a lot of ways I think she is the most perfect doll I own.

9. Personally i dislike the dd2 body its extremely stiff and i find it annoying to pose with. My dd1 moves effortlessly and her body is so much less of a pain. But i love both my girls ^^

10. When my DDII body arrived I wasn't sure what to make of her. She was really light to carry and squishy to the touch when I was used to the heaviness and hardness of resin, but at the same time, she was taller and curvier than any of my resin dolls. Once I attached her (resin) head though, I fell in love. She is based on a character that exists in a continuity with my Soulkid Snyder and the DDII body matches the chunkiness of the older soulkid body perfectly, they genuinely look 'right' standing next to each other.

I am finding it tough to clothe her, especially since I sew by hand, so each garment takes forever to finish, but I'll get there. I'm really enjoying how easy and steady she is to pose and what a beautiful figure she has. I didn't bond with her immediately just because she felt too different at first and I didn't have any clothes that fit her properly apart from shoes *facepalm*