1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Doll Boudi Doll release

Oct 23, 2019

1. Hi! I'm so excited because the mods here on DoA have let me know that my doll is On Topic!! I really wanted to share my sculpt with you guys and see what you think. I'm also happy to help if you have questions about ZBrush, digital sculpting for print, the Form 2 printer and anything else you see here!

My name is Isabel, I'm new to professional doll making but I'm a professional toy sculptor. My passion project for a while has been sculpting and articulating a ball jointed doll, since mechanical (action figure) articulation is something I do for work. I wanted the challenge of elastic strung ball and socket joints so I created Boudi in my spare time on weekends.

Using some of my knowledge from a different area of the toy industry, I sculpted her to feel nostalgic but modern. Playful and stylized but a little grown up. I looked to ball jointed dolls for inspiration but I wanted to go about sculpting her joints in an organic way that felt like it connected with my accumulated knowledge of action figures and dolls alike. Her elbows and knees reflect this with a rounded hinge joint to mimic how our joints really move. Her knees have a softened hinge while her elbows are half hinge, half ball joint. (Hinge on the upper side, but a ball joint on the lower arm so to twist like our real radius and ulna bones.) I've seen a few other artists tackle this similarly! I was excited to try my own take.

I have always been an avid doll collector and frequented the Rosalie Whyel Doll Museum (down the street from my childhood home) to soak up everything I could and fantasize that the collection was mine. (I still think about that collection daily and wonder if some of my favorites will ever come up for auction. Did any of you also go to that museum?) I have wanted to create my own doll for a very long time and Boudi is my first foray into production and selling, though I've dabbled a bit prior to this in 3D printed or paper clay dolls.

First drafts with placement for ball joints:

[​IMG]

First prototype (2/3 size):

[​IMG]

First full size prototype in my workspace:

[​IMG]

Same proto painted up:

[​IMG]

Second full size prototype with improved hands, feet and some joints:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Sample in Resin from casting company (sorry for bad quality photo!):

[​IMG]

Color orders (I ordered tan, peach, ivory, ebony, cocoa and two white translucent) :

[​IMG]

Compiled photo of her hands, feet, front and back:

[​IMG]

Some dressed up:

[​IMG]

Measurements:

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading! A really easy way to get a hold of me is contacting me through instagram @iamibo, but I check here, too. Currently I'm in the final stages of setting up my website where she can be purchased, I'm so excited to see how other people style her and paint her. Let me know, again, if you have extra questions for me or I forgot anything here! I'm so happy to answer what I can. I love dolls so much and it's honestly a dream come true to be participating in a small way.

[​IMG]

Sorry a few images weren't showing up! I've fixed that now, I hope!

@jemmilly posted a wonderful unboxing thread if you want to see some really sweet photos of a Tan Boudi Doll :)

https://denofangels.com/threads/unboxing-boudi-from-boudi-doll.812448/#post-12720960

Update:
      Here is a new discussion thread for Boudi!!
      Boudi Doll discussion thread

#1 iamibo, Oct 23, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    2. Here are a couple different poses for Boudi:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]