1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought the body but the head doesn't fit. What would you do? Chrom head - female body

Jan 12, 2011

1. Well that's really just Soom, all their heads are slightly
      larger in proportion, but it's not any bigger than my
      Cass XD

edit: the best body I've ever seen a SG (girl) on was
      a Soom Cass on an EID Yur body. It looked flawless
      and ONE DAY I'll find one for my girl.

2. I agree - I think the SG body has narrow shoulders - I've noticed this with some of the other dolls. My Beryl seems to have a small head so it's not so obvious with her but I see it a lot with the likes of Dia. It's possible that the sticky out ears on the FL head are also exaggerating the width of the head. The narrow SG shoulders are one of the things I don't like about the SG body. However, depending on the wig you use it shouldn't show much. You could try another body though.

3. Agree, it's probably the FL ears and her wig is extremely
      poofy too.

4. im pretty sure this is about to happen to me, lol. ive got a minimee head that is HUGE by typical msd standards but too small to be put on an sd body so i ordered a bosy from 5star doll that im really hoping will fit since its on the large size. i may have to put a washer in the head but well see how it goes. but the choice of wig and even eye size makes a huge difference as to how big a head acctually appears so than can give you a little wiggle room.

5. In general when I buy a body for a hybrid that does not work I weigh if I can still use both the head and body for other dolls I have planned. If I can see a need I keep both. If not, I assess the idea of modding the neck or head to make it fit and assess if blushing to color match will make me happy. If that is not doable, I sell the body and get money towards getting a new one. If after a year or so I still can't find a body to work I sell the head and start my idea over again.

This thread is now in Larger Dolls - so feel free to address the specific issue of finding a female body for a Chrom head here!

6. This is the position I think I'm going to find myself in very soon. A couple of wonderful friends got together for Christmas and surprised me with a minime Ritsuka head!!! I have no idea what body to put him on though. He is just a little bit too big for my only MSD body (Angelheim) and too small for even my smallest SD (JR Delf) so I'm going to have to buy an MSD body blind and hope for the best. You'll have to post pics of your minime on the 5stardoll and let me know how that turns out.

Spshlfx, If it were me I would sell the body that doesn't work and put out a want to buy for the body you think will work. It looks like you have some good suggestions now. I don't personally have the extra money to keep an extra body though. If the body was one I really wanted I might keep it and just wait till I could save up enough for the other body, but that might be a long time for me. I don't like to disrupt my dolly collecting plans by adding on different dolls.