1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Box opening videos

Jul 28, 2018

1. I like to see how different makers pack their dolls, and I like initial first-hand reviews, but I honestly cannot sit through most of them (at least not without clicking forward throughout), and I really do not like the asmr (especially when it's badly done)...

2. I have always liked to watch unboxings, especially mystery boxes and clothes. Especially if I am considering buying a doll I find unboxing videos/reviews informational. I don't know how to explain it.. I like to see how a doll I want to buy looks in somebody's hands. Sometimes I find video more "helpful" than only pictures. Like somebody said here earlier, it is also nice to see how the company is packaging a doll. I like unboxings with commentary, it is nice to hear review of the overall experience rather than background music.

3. Thank you for asking this question. I thought I was kind of "odd" for liking to watch these videos. I am glad that there are others who enjoy it also.

I do love seeing people enjoy first seeing their dolls. I prefer when there is narration instead of just music.

I go to doll conventions (not BJDs) where in the end there is a souvenir doll that everyone receives. No one is allowed to open her or his box until everyone has a box in hand. Then there is a count down and everyone opens the box at the same time. What fun!

4. I've been watching a lot of box opening videos lately. I usually prefer the ones without talking, because otherwise I get impatient for them to actually open the box already. My favorite unboxing channel is RoseInTea because the production quality is so good and I love watching them put the clothes on the dolls.

5. I love box opening videos! I literally just went to watch a few on Youtube after stumbling across this thread before typing out this reply :lol: There's just something really satisfying about watching a doll being unboxed. It's a bit like I can share in the joy of the reveal as well.

Apart from that, I also like being able to see how big some of these dolls are, as well as what they look like in a 3D space as opposed to just still photographs :XD:

6. I like to watch unboxings if I am curious to see a sculpt. It helps a lot if I am wondering about how the blank looks in comparison to the website photos. I would be okay with an asmr style but I really hate it if there’s no information, I crave the details lol.

7. It's a great opportunity to see how companies pack and ship their dolls, for me! I'm still in the planning stages of the hobby so there is definitely an aspect of living through someone else's experience; thus why I probably enjoy when people share their excitement, especially when they talk about the plans they have for the doll. I adore when people include lots of information and details in their videos, even if it's put down in the description box.

8. I LOVE watching box openings! Especially ones on dolls that I am expecting, or I would love to own! I usually watch the whole thing from start to finish because I love seeing the reactions! I also love seeing what the doll comes with and how it’s packed!

I don’t mind if they talk or not! One thing I will say, is that angles are important for me, if you’re not showing the box at all then I probably won’t watch it, but if you have either your self and the full box... I love the video already!! xx

9. I absolutely love box opening videos, mainly the ones where they talk about their plans for the dolls but I also love the asmr ones too.

10. I personally find them tedious. Most of them aren't particularly well-done, involve far too much side-chatter, and really just don't find them to bring anything to the table that I can't get from well-framed up photos where I can move past or linger on them at my own pace.

11. Yes!

I love both making and watching box opening videos! It's super fun to relive the experience of your own box opening and share in the excitement of someone else's box opening:3nodding:

12. I love box opening videos! I prefer when they talk through it and describe how the doll feels and give their opinions on things. I find those the most helpful, and will watch my favorites over and over again.

13. I enjoy box opening videos, I like seeing how various companies pack their dolls, and the owner's description of the doll, etc, but I'm way too anxious, excited, and impatient to make my own videos when one of my long-awaited parcels arrives, haha!

14. I love watching unboxing videos ^__^ I prefer them to be plain, simple and to the point. The camera zoomed in on the goodies to be opened, no music in the background. Just the owner opening the box and admiring the newly acquired resin. In-depth reviews of the doll belong in a follow-up video, same for background stories and ideas for their customization.

As someone already mentioned I don't need to see the owners face to enjoy the video, let alone their cleavage, pantsu or any other general area. You're wearing cosplay or have a giant fluffy bunny room? Great, but let's get back to the box opening please?!?

I don't know if it's just me but I tend to prefer filming box openings upon arrival of a preloved doll while I prefer to photograph if it's a brand new doll. I couldn't say why either.

15. I've always enjoyed unboxing vids but the ones where people are talking and have some passion and enthusiasm for the doll. Maybe it's a result of watching so many toy unboxings over the years. lol Going from showing the box it comes in, to showing off a few poses and accessories in action, just seeing and hearing everything about the doll gets me excited for it more if I'm already interested and interested if I wasn't.

16. I love unboxings, but a lot of the ones on YT have bad audio quality that makes them hard to listn too...

17. I’m very picky about the videos because I hate when they go to slow or too fast, but I love when people post pictures of the box opening process!!!

18. I like unboxing videos! I like when people get really excited! It makes me happy to hear them happy :)

19. I love them! Especially if it's an unboxing of a doll I'm waiting for.

20. The only one I've seen was a person who unboxed the Cocoriang Tobi. Does anyone have any recommendations?