1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new DoT boy, knee cracked (pics) RESOLVED

Feb 26, 2007

1. Like I said, their service ranges from awesome to horrible.

So they have 100 transactions that are flawless, then a horrible one...then another 100 great ones...etc. I know there are other customers that have had negative dealings with them, luckily the bad transactions aren't the majority.

Dandansama-I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble your friends have had with DOD! And don't worry about your English, it's fine!:)

2. DOD actually sent me two Camines when I'd only ordered one. I emailed them and let them know and also said I wouldn't be willing to pay postage and shipping to return one doll. They were quite willing to reimburse me for the p&s costs. As soon as they got the doll back, they paid me the costs involved in sending him back.

I think if you make it clear you don't want to pay to ship the doll/part back, they will be willing to cover whatever the costs are. I really had no problem dealing with DOD at all, so I hope you have the same good experience with their customer service.

3. In your case, the extra doll was worth more than paying for one-way shipping, so of course they reimbursed you.
      In our case DoD would be losing money on paying for one doll to be sent to the US, sent back to Korea and replaced
      and then reshipped, so they refused to pay us back.

But this is getting OT.

Reshana- I'm sure you'll have better luck with DoD since you only need a part replaced and not a whole doll! :daisy

4. How horrible ; ; These stories I hear make me not want to ever buy a DoD doll again. I hate bad customer service! And it will be really infuriating if they make you pay shipping costs.

5. Keep us updated on this! I'm also in the middle of a bit of a hassle-issue with DoD. There were a couple wigs missing from the group order I organized in January, and I've eMailed them repeatedly about it (three times now, I've been giving them a week after each attempt, then trying again), but haven't gotten a response yet. >_<* I've used both the form on their site and a manual eMail, but no luck. SO please, if you do get a response, let us know how you did it!

6. Dandansama- I am so sorry to hear that! I imagine too you have custom fees, which just compounds the problem when having to receive multiple packages or having to send things back and forth too :( Such a shame, and yes, I definitely don't blame you either.

Reshana-Did you pay by paypal? If so, do you think in the event they do not get back to you can you file a claim?

7. I'm so sorry that happened! But really, DOD has excellent customer service and a very friendly staff.

Remember, every company has had problems. DOD catches a lot more grief than most, but deals with it. Luts has had their share of resin issues, cracks, chips, wrong dolls, and such. But they also deal with it and move on. :aheartbea

i-Chan

8. I am so sorry this happened to your new boy. I hope that everything works out ok.

9. DoD was really nice when my girls faceup came off after less than a week. They had me send her back, reinbursded my shipping, then repainted her face and sent her back ^_^ it did take a bit of time, but they were very nice about it

10. my boy's hands are different resin, I swear.. one hand is nice and matte and the other is downright shiny. I guess it's not that big of a deal but I just thought it was strange. It's not that big of a deal for me to email them about but it really does show you the difference in batches of resin I suppose.

11. aikssss how come that happened
      scary crack T_T
      i think you should call to DOD
      faster i think
      better more if u have korean friend to call dod in korea

uhuhuhu lucky my hoo its ok T_T

12. this sounds awful. I would reckon u contact DoD for a replacement. Really sometimes the customer services are plain awful

13. i second the suggestion to email them often. i have had two transactions with them, once in helping mizunoseiryuu's husband order her Sha and Lahoo and once purchasing my own Camine. the order for the Sha and Lahoo... i had so much trouble hearing back from them, and didn't get a shipping notice until the day the dolls arrived. >.< with my Camine, i was startled at how quickly i heard back from them about EVERYTHING, including how quickly he shipped!

on the other hand, in non-order-related circumstances, the communication was excellent. so keep trying! in their FAQ they state that for broken parts they will ask that you ship the part back and they will send a replacement, so you shouldn't have to send the whole doll, just the broken thigh.

14. Oh man, what a freaky ordeal. I also agree with the emailing thing, but from my experience they tend not to reply all that fast, if at all.

*will now earch Grendel a billion times over looking for cracks and chips*

15. I just got this email from Dream of Doll!

Now I'm trying to decide whether to send the part back or ask them if I can buy a new part so I can avoid the whole hassle of shipping it to Korea and waiting while he hops around on one leg. But I'm glad they responded so quickly!

16. I would do it - so they can match the skintone properly, like they offered. :)

17. It's a hassle but if you want the resin to match it would be best if you did send them the broken leg.

18. I just sent this response-

I know, I probably should take them up on the matching thing. But I can't imagine that the skin tone could be that different a month later. If I was home it wouldn't as much of a hassle but we're back out on the road again after picking him up.

19. With DOD you'd be surprised. I'd say get something to match, the wait would be worth it.

20. could you possibly rebreak off the small piece and send it in? (stupid question maybe) but it would cut down on shipping costs, you'd still have SOME functionality (is that a word) of the leg, and they may be able to match the resin off of that.