1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Brava Bambi (Bambicrony) Discussion Part 1

Apr 11, 2009

1. well only her arms are snappy and I can deal with that... its just the rest of her body acts floppy (not snapping/kicking out... just flopping out of place)

2. A happy weekend for Sunday collectors...! Here's mine:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

3. They wear a size 7-8. I've had a halfdozen 7-8 wigs on my Sunday and they've all fit fine.

4. Hi Jay! Thank you...! I can't wait to see yours, too.:aheartbea I love how unique each of these dolls are because of their different artists!

Sunday's dress is by Swan (and stockings)
      I don't know who made the jacket..I bought it her on the forum.
      Her wig is made by anjiswigdesigns (off Ebay)
      And her shoes are by Leeke.

5. Although I really love the eyes that my Brava Bambi's came with and was soooo happy that they both came with a matching set, I was feeling that smaller ones might look nice. So I switched Jayna's eyes to these eyes:
      [​IMG]

Then I decided to try smaller eyes on Jakk too:
      [​IMG]

I think that Jakk can rock both sizes, but personally I think that my Jayna looks better with the smaller ones..

6. I really like the smaller eyes too. I really love your Jayna. She has such a sweet face!

Here is my Sunday with the smaller 14mm eyes.

[​IMG]

7. Oh your Sunday is so pretty! Those eyes look great in her :)

..I actually ended up changing their eyes again because I found the the light reflecting on the shape of the acrylics was wrecking a lot of my pictures. So I switched them with some 14mm glass ones I had lying around. I like the blue ones on Jakk, but I'm not sure how I feel about the dark grey on Jayna..
      [​IMG]

8. Speaking of Jakk (my BC June), today I was playing around with his arms wondering why the elbow joints were made the way the are. Then I realized that he can move his arms at more of an angle then most of my other dolls can without flinging out of the pose once you let go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope no-one minds all the pictures, but I just thought it was really neat that he can hold great poses like putting his hand on his head without suading or those joints with the third piece!

I had been struggling with his legs for a while though. His knees swiveled all the time and and seemed to cave inwards making him look like a bo-legged anime girl haha ;)
      But today I added wire to the inside of his legs at the knees and at the part where the legs connect to the torso; and now he poses like a dream, I couldn't be happier!! :D

I haven't done this to Jayna yet because her leggings are so tight that they keep her knees pretty straight, but if anyone is interested I can take some pictures whenever I get around to wiring her.. :sweat

9. The peakswood 7-8/FOB wigs should fit fine. Anything 7-8 will fit, pretty much.

10. Thanks chibaraki~ :D The wig is from Leekeworld, it's a heat-resist one in chocobrown. It works really great on her but it does belong to another doll of mine so I think I'll have to get her her own! The main issue I have with her body is that her legs are too loose and her arms are too tight. I think she'll be better if I tighten the stringing in her body and maybe put some kips pads or something in her elbows. Her arms are always popping out of their sockets when I'm trying to pose her and it drives me nuuuuts... D:

Thank you tyviris and Lana! I will try to take some better photos soon... ^_^

11. I haven't had a whole lot of play time with my Sunday. I need to work with her body more, maybe I should try the wire.

Have you decided to keep her?

You know how much I love your photos Mimi!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Played a bit today with my Sunday and April....

[​IMG]

A couple more in the gallery

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318939

12. My J-Na is finally ready to meet everyone. I redid her faceup as I wanted a different, more neutral palette. It's so hard not to spoil my pretty baby!

She hasn't whispered her name to me yet.

The body is a bit annoying to pose until you glue suede. That makes all the difference in the world.

Please say hi to my darling girl! She wants to be your friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for looking!

Jay

13. Wow, everyone's girls are beautiful! I love the face-up, Jay!! Perhaps I will try to suede my girl and see if that improves things.

And I saw those photos on flickr mimichocolat, they are just beautiful! Makes me want a Sunday~ ^_^

Thanks Miss S :D I just got a new lens for my birthday so she's gonna be my test subject today. :lol:

edit: Can't decide if I like her better with light hair or dark hair... :huh?:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I took some doll photos yesterday, and my Sunday and her new deep blue wig wound up hogging the spotlight. XD I love her in dark blue.

[​IMG]

More photos here.

15. chibaraki - Love your Sunday in that color wig and outfit! Really looks terrific. She doesn't get overwhelmed by the dark color at all.

Here's a picture of my Sunday with new faceup by me. I also gave her smaller size eyes for this photo. She is living in a new home now. But I enjoyed her very much while she was here. But I'm partial to my J-na, so Sunday deserves a home where she'll be loved the most.

[​IMG]

Jay

16. Here are photos of Isablle, from Yoon's Flickr:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't decide if I love her, or if I hate her. :(

Her look is sorta reminiscent of Dollstown to me, which is not a look I go for, personally. So completely different than anything BC has done before. If this is the Brava elf, I think I will be holding onto my prize points a while longer...

17. EEEP! I absolutely love her!!!! Gah! Why did they have to release another one?

My only complaint is the body. While I love the shape of it, it doesn't cooperate as well as some. I think I'm going to have to break down and restring mine. The legs are all crazy and floppy.

Jay

18. I'm dying to see what you could do with this one Jay!

I really like her...but she is so completely different than Sunday and J-Na. Of course, I could set her up on the opposite side of the room...not like she'd have to sit with the other girls. :)

My only problem is that, like you, I'm not crazy about that body. I am so in love with the faces on these girls though.

19. My Sunday's got some crazy legs too. I want to try hot glue sueding her to see if it helps -- it really helped with some of my CB's joints. The Brava Bambi body is really pretty though, so I just sort of deal with its issues. XD

My big problem is that the knees like to pop out of their sockets and sometimes even turn around backwards. @_@ Doesn't seem to matter how I string her, though, it just keeps happening.