1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Brava Bambi (Bambicrony) Discussion Part 1

Apr 11, 2009

1. kawaii_mon, greeniebone, thanks for the info. I find it fascinating how all these companies relate to one another.

guls207-- I love your signature pictures! I think your slogan should be, "No guls, no glory."

2. I got a Grace Bambicrony a couple months ago & while she has a really sweet face--her body is the most uncooperative thing I've ever encountered!! She is no fun redressing & the only thing you can do with her once dressed is let her sit & don't touch or else you go thru the process of the hard to deal with body again. I won't buy a Bambicrony again but it's good to know there are things you can do to fix the mess!!

3. My Bambi is sueded with hot glue and I also tightened her strings and now she poses quite well. The only things that don't work very well are her ankles in high heeled shoes, but I think that little problem will be solved when Bambicrony makes proper high heel feet for her.

4. roses, maybe your Grace just needs restringing? My Emily on the same body poses just fine, and has no difficulty standing.

Speaking of roses and Bambicrony, here is my Mimette (tan Emily) with some roses I got for Valentine's Day:

[​IMG]

5. What a pretty photo! I love your girl with pink hair!

6. Question: Emily in tan is still available on the website...but I thought they said tan wasn't going to be available to order for a while?

7. Lol thanks! That made me crack up! :)

I know when my Ellen arrived she was loosely strung for protection against breaking during transit. I restrung her and she poses very nicely now. I'm going to add KIPS to her body soon and blush her to cover the sanding marks possibly over spring break if the weather is good for sealing.

Oooh! I did a faceup on Momo's modded dreaming head! I took the pictures and I'll try to upload them tonight! :) Lol, it's funny, I think I like her sleeping head a teeny bit more than her dreaming head! :)

Tan Emily is probably still available because BC may have made them already so they might be selling what's left in their stock. I wish I had the money to get her though. greeniebone you Emily is GORGEOUS!!!! :(

8. I'd love to see your sleepy head, I love that head but not so big a fan of the company faceup.

9. Momo spam! :) Here is Momo's sleepy head. Her eyes have been modded to be 1/2 open. The faceup was done by me and is nowhere near perfect. The camera didn't pick up the soft gold and pink tones in her faceup though. I think I'm going to practice my faceups on her because she's a lot of fun to paint and I just ADORE her! :)

[​IMG]

10. So I caved and ordered a Bambicrony tan Emily. XD

11. greeniebone Wow! Love her with pink hair and eyes! Those roses are so lovely :-)

12. strawberrilori - Congrats! Looking forward to pics when she arrives!

I have to head over to 9style to check the sculpts of the new girls - how exciting!

13. Are you sure the latest dolls on Nine9 Style are the new Bambis???
      I think they're all the "4th Anniversary Katherine Head" that Nine9 has different faceup and is dressed differently if you have a look closely at their sculpts...

[​IMG]
      Mika - Isabelle - Lucy

14. I was having the same thought. It's not really unusual for companies to release the same head under a different name, although it's curious that they chose to name one the same as an existing Brava sculpt, though (Isabelle).

15. greeniebone, I LOVE your Emily picture! She is so beautiful.

I have the Katherine head in peach puff with the Bambi face-up and I thought the Bambis on Nine9 Style were the same as well. It might be hard to tell without eyes, but here is a picture of my Katherine head. She is waiting for me to pay off her body and eyes at the beginning of March.

[​IMG]

16. Lol wow I really did think they were different sculpts at first also! I have to say Katherine is a beautiful sculpt! :)

17. wow, they are fantastic, love their faceups

18. I love Katherine! So sad I missed her during the event but I managed to find one on the MP and she's on her way to me now after a fabulous faceup! Can't wait to show her.. (I'm also waiting for the last invoice for a Tan Ellen on layaway, so exciting!)

19. Lisadragon - I am really looking forward to seeing your girl and the Tan Ellen!! I've yet to buy a Bambicrony, but will and in the meantime drool over the lovely photo's here!!

:-)

20. Lazy afternoon Momo spam! :) I'm so happy with how her faceup turned out...I can't wait to wipe her and try again! Lol! :D
      [​IMG][​IMG]
      The second picture is for comparison, I paired her with my Lati Blue boy as Kairi, but she seems to look better next to my Volks SDC girl! :doh Looks like I'm going to have to reshell Kairi into a doll with a bigger head to match her better. :doh There's no WAY I'm reshelling Momo! I adore this girl! :)