1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Brava Bambi (Bambicrony) Discussion Part 1

Apr 11, 2009

1. sushi, any email directly to Bambicrony or Yoon will take at least 3 weeks to get a reply or more. I've always had more luck just posting on the Q&A section. Yoon doesn't answer the Q&A section every day. I think it is about every 3 days, but she will answer you. Of course, there are no replies on weekends. I've also had Yoon answer the questions around mine, but not mine. It was answered, though by the next day.

As guls said, there have been a lot of us that have been having problems with Bambicrony. Mine started back in October of last year. They eventually do get the problems worked out, but after placing two orders with them, I am finished. The dolls are beautiful, it is is really way too much of a hassle.

What did you order? When I ordered last September, it took a lot of posts and threats to them to send out my order by Christmas. I believe they were overwhelmed by the sale they had, but it was still ridiculous. People stated getting some really poor quality dolls so I think they stopped rushing to get the dolls out and are trying to be more careful. My last order was paid off on March 2nd and it just now says "before shipping". Like guls, I had items that were not shipped and wrong items sent in my December order, but my dolls were perfect.

Did everyone see the new SD from Bambicrony? She looks like an older version of Katherine. Pretty hefty price tag, too. Think I will pass.....

2. Bambicrony have taken around 4 months for each order for over a year now, this isn't something new. They also are notorious for saying when they will ship and not doing so.
      I think they're holding off on replying to your message sushi77 because they're either planning on shipping it out in the next day and are waiting to do so before replying to you, or they're trying to work out a new date if possible (whether that one is true or not I do not know).

I have a rule of never asking a company for shipping dates because it's never true, but annoyingly Yoon volunteered the incorrect information after I paid off my layaway and said it would be shipped the next week, which caused my angst, as it was shipped about a month and a half later.

3. Sushi77, I don't think you should take it personally; they probably just overlooked it. That happened to me on the Dollshe Q&A board. I just re-posted my question and they answered it the next time they were on there.

4. gracie i ordered a brava bambi april, she's so beautiful, maybe that's why i'm being impatient :) but the fact that i've sent them so many messages is a bit of a pain!

kawaii_mon Lets hope your right :) it would be great

iinakauno maybe.

5. Cool! Can't wait to see pictures of your April when she arrives.

I fully understand, though. I've dealt with a lot of BJD companies and Bambicrony is the only one I've dealt with who takes a month after you have paid off the layaway to send the order (with the exception of CH where you are lucky if you get anything at all). I know there are other companies that do that, but I chose not to do business with them. I think if I were to know it would be a while, it would be better than being told it will ship out by a certain date (sometimes three different dates) and then my order never shipping out by the date. Very frustrating. At least know that when April does arrive, she will be perfect.

6. Gasp! I love that new SD. She looks like Katherine combined with Ellen. But if I get her, it will have to be off the second hand market... I will stay forever true to my ban on buying directly from BC again. It was way too stressful.

7. Haven't been in this thread for so ling!
      Agh! Never expected Bambicrony's standard to get this poor D:
      Luckily I got my Nyx by the time their standard was still ok.

I think I like her with red eyes.
      [​IMG]

8. I still have no shipping notice, i think its almost a month nw after i completed layaway.. I havent contacted them yet.. Wonder if i should..

9. Wow, I saw this thread was active and was curious as to how Bambicrony were going. I've got a Sunday and I adore her. I quite like the new girl but would prefer a SD with more of a Sunday face. I don't think I'll be ordering from the sounds of it. Too much hassle. It's a pity, because Sunday is so sweet.

10. :) i will post loads of pics (if she ever arrives :lol:)

11. lol oh no she WILL arrive! I'd love to see pics! :)

12. turbow, Nyx looks awesome with her red eyes. Absolutely gorgeous!

sushi, she will arrive......it just might take a while.

13. Der! I didn't think to look at the previous page! :doh
      Nyx looks gorgeous as always! :D

14. Turbow, Nyx looks awesome :D

15. Well, i heard back from bambicrony, and they said that they were terribly sorry for the delay in shipping, and that they needed more time to prepare my order but would do there best to get it out soon. So goodness knows when that will be :(

I did notice that a lot of other people are asking the same question as me, looks like bambicrony are under a lot of pressure!!

16. I wonder if this is why they stopped selling their ciao bella line?

17. I wouldn't be at all surprised!!

18. It's such a shame to see these companies struggling, especially when their sculpts are so popular. I really hope Bambicrony can recover from whatever trouble they are going though. :(

19. I thought they were getting ready to move to a new factory? It makes sense that they would be super busy and stop taking orders temporarily if that's the case.

Guls-- who's the doll in your avatar?

20. The girl in my avatar is one of my first dolls, Giselle, my JID Tania. :D