1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Brava Bambi (Bambicrony) Discussion Part 1

Apr 11, 2009

1. sushi, Alice is adorable! Congratulations on finally getting her.

guls, I hope you can get Luxe up to where you want her. I am sure it is very frustrating to pay so much and then have so much work to do. She is beautiful, though.

Marion, thank you for sharing more pictures of Yentl. She is so adorable and I love you photographs. She is a beauty white isn't she?

Tsukidoll, I would say that I can't believe that your order still hasn't shipped, but I can believe it. I got a tracking number this time so I know mine shipped, but even after three days, it still doesn't work. I think the last time my tracking number never worked. I'm not sure Bambi will ever get the shipping times better. I am beginning to think they go by order date and not necessarily by when the item is ready to ship.

You might still be waiting on a specific item from the group order. When we were missing the fullset Ellen boots, we kept being told the order would ship out "by the end of the week". We were never told what the hold up was until bronzephoenix finally got Yoon to admit the orders were ready, but they were waiting on the boots. The boots weren't being sent by the company that makes them and were giving Bambicrony the excuse of "they will ship by the end of the week". So, it is possible Yoon really thought your order was going out, but whatever it is they are waiting on still hasn't shipped.

2. Thanks for the encouragement gracie! :D I think the hardest step if figuring out where to start. :( I alreadt re string her and added kips to her joints so now she can hold her poses. :) Next, if I try to go for the seams, I might damage her even more, maybe just blushing her for now might work.

3. Update: My order not only has shipped but it is in customs. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am.
      The weird part is they put my tracking number in the section where you leave comments, under my comments so I did not see it.
      I have been checking my order status daily but only the order status part. I just happened to check the actual order again. It can take 7days for EMS to arrive from overseas so maybe it did ship when Yoon said. I am just thrilled it is on its way. My poor Go participants want their stuff. I am disappointed in the wait time but Yoon was very nice. I think as long as you dont expect your items to come in a timely manner your okay. If I was ordering on my own it would be no issue for me but for a group order I dont think I would do it again unless I could really impress to the buyers it may be 4 months+

4. Kips are a really good idea, especially for my tan girl. Where did you buy the kips at?

5. You can get them from the Volks website, Dollmore, and even ebay. I think they are also called silicone discs among other names. Hot glue sueding works, too, but KIPS are much more durable in my experience.

6. Hmm, I thought we were talking about Brava Bambis.

Thanks for the idea of using the Kips. It is funny because my peach puff Ellen is a better poser than my tan. My tracking number still isn't working, but I think Katherine's body should be here this week so I am curious to see how her posing compares with the Ellens.

So, if someone were wanting to use the Kips instead of the glue sueding, is there a tutorial somewhere to show us how? I've seen someone using them on the neck/head area, but not the joints. How do they work on the joints?

guls, I think you might be right about just blushing the seams. Didn't Bambicrony not sand the seams because they said it would cause there to be major color differences? With the problems your Ellen has, I would be concerned if you sanded the seams, the problems would be worse. With a good blushing, you might not even see the bad seams.

7. You have to restring the doll and string in the kips. I added some to the ankles and above the thigh parts. Just a not, kips wont fit in all the joints so make sure you try them out (when you unstring your doll, try a kip between a joint and see if the parts still fit before stringing them together again). So far I can only confirm them working well with the ankle joints and right above the upper thigh (in the hip socket).

Also dolls can pose better/worse depending on the stringing. It's very possible that the tan Ellens were strung very poorly (I know mine was) because of the problems Bambicrony was having at the time.

8. I think they mean that we shouldn't be angsting about waiting for dolls and the issues with shipping times in this thread.

I agree that sanding will probably make things worse, especially if the sanded parts are already annoying you guls.

They don't sand the seams, but they do sand the gate marks, which are giant chunks of resin that come off the feet and other certain parts of the body, used in the casting process. I think when people talk about parts sanded on their girls they're talking about those parts.

I've bought a doll cheap from Custom House before which game with gate marks. I'm still trying to get them completely off, it's one hell of a process.

I also wouldn't be surprised if tan dolls came strung looser so that the joints don't rub? Many companies ship dolls looser than they should be so that they don't rub or crack from pressure in transit.

9. Hmm...I think the gate marks are sanded, but there are also places like on the thigh that were sanded. Nevertheless, kawaii_moon and gracie, you guys are right, I'm not going to sand the seams since it probably will make it worse. I don't know if I should try and cut the extra resin off with an exacto knife...maybe I'll ask a professional modifier for their opinion if I try anything beyond blushing.

Right now I'm looking into resin matches for BC's tan resin. If I can get another body that's better quality, I'll just go for that. So far I know Iplehouse does NOT match (real skin of light brown). I wonder if resinsoul chocolate might match (I've seen it compared to Iplehouse light brown which is more yellow and it looks like it might work).

10. Well, I'm the wrong person to ask since the only tan dolls I have are my Bambicronies. I've always though the tan for Bambicronies was a little different from other companies. More dark? If you find a good match, I'd love to know. You almost had me on the Kips until you mentioned restringing. The one thing I detest doing on BJDs, lol. Guess I'll stick with glueing Ellen, although if you have pictures, I would love to see them. I had asked Yoon to send my Ellen tighter than usual so maybe that is why she posed better than yours or bronzephoenix's out of the box.

I've had to sand the gate marks on three SD CH bodies and it wasn't hard at all for me. I used a dremel and an artist's carving tool. I've never had a CH doll arrive with sanded seams, though. Maybe that is why the unsanded seams on the Bravas don't bother me, but I can see where it would bother you.

11. Lol I guess I always liked taking all my toys, computers, and video games apart and putting them back together (in working order of course ;) ). Lol restringing is one part of this hobby that I just love (I probably sound weird). I also know many people don't like doing it (which is also totally cool). Hot glue sueding is nice since you don't have to take your dolls apart if you don't want to. :)

I have dolls with rough seams that really don't bother me (especially if they are NS), but tan dolls show flaws very easily in my experience. I was also used to Iplehouse's quality (their tan dolls are just gorgeous and their quality control is really awesome) and their dolls go for around the same price, maybe a little bit more.

I do have a peach puff June head and his quality is lovely (and the faceup is also very nice). I'm looking for a resin match for him, or I may just try and trade him for another BC girl (I've had my eye on Katherine ;) ). Lol! I can't decide if I want my next BC girl to be peach puff or floral white. Does anyone have pictures of the two together?

12. Not the best picture of Katherine since I am in a hurry, but here she is. She is one awesome poser!

[​IMG]

13. Just wondering, does anyone have a Brava and a Minifee? I'm curious to see them standing together and thought I'd ask here. My girl might need a friend.

14. I do. Not the best comparison pic, but does give you some idea. BC Ellen on the far left and MNF Juri on the far right. BC has a bigger head and taller body than MNF.

[​IMG]
      Pretty maids in a row... by ~sugarlump~, on Flickr

15. My girl got her new Leeke wig yesterday:

[​IMG]

16. I haven't been here in a while, I've been bonding with my Ellen, Luxe. I'm starting to like her custom faceup a lot more now and I think the blue eyes I put in her helped a lot. :) It's funny how sometimes simply changing the eyes and wig can be the deciding factor between keeping or selling a doll. To celebrate, I have spam!
      [​IMG]
      Luxe's character is supposed to be more mature anyway (like 19) so I guess her default faceup, as gorgeous as it was wouldn't have worked out anyway. :)

17. Wow guls207! Your Ellen is stunning! Looks like we got a few things in common :D. I love the tan bambicrony's, they're the best. They're elegant and cute.

Here is my Tan Emily named Maudy:
      [​IMG]

Question> Do you brava owners have trouble posing your girl? I just can't get her to stand for a sec.
      When I got her she was very loose... And I've notice she doesn't have s hooks on her wrist and ankle, but strings. True?*_*

18. guls, Luxe is beautiful! Thanks for posting more pictures of her. Spam away!

frankiesoup, you Maudy is so cute!

As far as the standing and stringing, my peach skin Ellen has strings, my tan Ellen has s-hooks. My peach Ellen poses beautifully with no problems. My tan Ellen poses pretty good. Not as well as the peach puff, but much better than my other MSDs and I am also a stickler for posing. I did ask Yoon to have my tan Ellen strung a little tighter as I hate restringing and tightening, so that might have made a difference. I have also noticed they stand better without shoes.

19. I would also try hot glue sueding--my girl is a decent poser so far and a fabulous stander, but I think hot glue sueding will help with that last extra bit. My girl is strung almost perfectly, not too tight and not too loose. My girl came with s hooks, but her s hook in her head was a little small so I switched it out with a bigger one.