1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Breaking the Mold" or, loving what you thought you wouldn't.

Mar 8, 2008

1. Things I didn't want in a BJD:
      A CH Choa (I actually wanted one, but thought they were too expensive and had settled with a Soony instead... now, I never bought a Soony, but I'm saving for a Choa)
      Any SD sized male doll (Wishing for a Hound... even bigger than a normal SD. Go figure)
      A bad-ass moody MSD-sized boy (Now my U has completely morphed into a jaded warrior personality... no clue how that happened)
      More than 1 doll (That idea went out the window very quickly)

Things I thought I would never do:
      Any kind of mods (Planning on some scarification for my boy and some tattoos for my Choa when she arrives)
      Unstringing my doll (Going to have to, to do my mods)

2. My list includes:
      Only get MSDs (I no longer have any)
      Don't get a SD (I have one and more I plan on getting)
      Don't get a tiny (I have one on the way)
      Don't get a girl (I have one on the way)
      Don't pay too much on doll clothing (hahaha...)

3. Only one doll: I have a whole bunch of them.

No tinies: I have 16 and plan to buy more.

Only pretty faces: I have Soom Namu, HD Margo, a Notdoll lady (and plan to buy the rest of them), a Nari-pon, and a surly Dollstown hybrid with an Aoi-tuki body.

No dolls over 62 cm: I have a much loved Dollshe.

No dolls that cost over about $300.00: (laughs) Yeah, right.

I never obey rules of any sort and wonder why I imagined that I would obey my own. I adore misfits, the bizarre, and the much maligned, and I fell deeply and passionately for each and every doll I own. I like anchovies on pizza too.

4. No custom face-ups: I now have two dollies with custom make-up, and two more on the way.

No hybrids: I have one at home, and one in the mail.

5. My biggest? No tinies. But the Pukis are slowly wearing me down... I imagine it's only a matter of time.

EDIT, December 31, 2008: I've fallen in love with Puki Pongpong. He, or she (haven't decided) is next on my list.

Yep, like I said, only a matter of time.

6. well when I saw my first BJD I actually thought:

-NEVER buy a BJD I thought they were to expensive (for about 2 seconds ;) )....... crazy me (first one to arrive soon)
      -only buy girls (as you can guess the incoming doll is male)
      -only get 60 cm dolls ( first boy is bigger , and fallen in love with some cute MSD's)

but some things are indeed still on my never list ( at least for now lol )

7. Never thought I'd:
      - Get more than two. I'm up to 12. 12!!!!
      - Own a limited/special set. Fell in love with Elfdoll Special K, and now have Uyoo Arch of Triumph on the way.
      - Get a Beauty White skinned doll. I own one now and I love him - and he's even Beauty GREEN!
      - Own a MNF (especially Shiwoo) Same as above. XD
      - Have any 70cm tall dolls. They used scared me...but my Yuu doesn't at all!
      - Have a tiny. Have two on the way now *_*
      - Own anything but Elfdolls. This was when I was only going to have two dolls! XD
      - Get my grubby hands on a Volks ;__; And I finally, FINALLY, after two years of pining over them found the one I always wanted at a price I couldn't pass up!

In this hobby. Never. Say. Never. *_*

8. My first declaration:
      I will NEVER buy a BJD! That was before the release of all the realistic sculpts. I'm not into animae sculpts.

Once I got into BJDs:
      1 - I will never buy a male doll. I don't like femmy guys. With the masculine sculpts I now have 4 and 1 on layaway. There are more guys on my wishlist than girls!

I still declare:
      1 - I will only buy realistic sculpts
      2 - I will only buy 60-70cm range
      3 - I will only buy the dolls I absolutely love

9. My DNW :

-No SDs. They're just too huge and heavy and expensive. (currently : 2 heads, 1 more to be ordered, and one more planned)
      -No Volks. They're still over my budget. (currently : 1 head to be ordered soon. FCS.)
      -No huge eyed stare-y girls. (Current : My one and only favourite girl. And all the other girls I fall in love now have that exact big shiny stare-y eyed look)
      -No eyes above 15bucks. (Currently : am contemplating soom/souldoll AND gumdrops all at the same time)
      -No SDs. (No. Srsly. I was sooo DNW about it it deserves a second mention.)
      -No dolls costing more than 300USD in nekkid doll total. (Currently : Well that definitely is going out the window now there's SDs in the house, amirite?)

I still has a few DNW though >w<
      - No BW dolls. My NS are capable of overexposure on their own in normal daylight.
      - No LE.

10. Never wanted a tiny...still dont xD. (I just dont like them)
      Never thought I would buy Volks...I have one on layaway now.
      NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE-Now I have 20+

11. Then:

1. No tinies!
      2. No Shiwoos of any size!
      3. No vampire/elf dolls!
      4. No dolls bigger than SD size!
      5. No Volks!
      6. No girls!
      7. Only TWO dolls maximum from Luts!
      8. No MSD sized dolls!

Now:

1. Have a puki, want a Lati Yellow and a Yo.
      2. Have a MNF Shiwoo, want a Delf one too.
      3. Have a NaNuRi07.
      4. Said NaNuRi07 is on a Feeple body, which is 69 cm. Want more.
      5. Want a FCS F15 SD girl and like I said, a Yo...
      6. See above.
      7. Have... Five and a half.
      8. Have two.

I think I may have thought something along the line of "Only one doll" too, but that idea was lost so quickly I think it mustn't have registered.

12. This is funny! i don't think my list is too different from other folks:

Said i'd never:

Own more than one BJD - i now have 12
      Have male dolls - now i have 3, with 2 or 3 more planned
      Only 60cm+ dolls - i now have eight minis and tinies!
      No Volks dolls - 5 and counting...
      Only 'realistic' sculpts - So Vampire, Liebchen, BC Elf, MSD F-03 anyone?
      No 'floating heads' - that's how the St. Mina, and Reisner hybrid happened, planning some MSdolls soon
      No spending over $1K on a doll - blew that out of the water on my fourth doll

One of my favorite unexpected things about this hobby is how much it can expand your tastes and educate your eyes.

13. I told myself I'd never get/want a-
      -Volks
      -CP El
      -Pipos Fox
      -Vampire elf
      -Scarred doll
      -pierced doll
      -damaged head
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
      I now own a/want a
      -Volks
      -Pierced doll (ear piercings)
      -damaged head(sparrow)
      -CP El
      -Pipos Fox(HUNTER!!!)
      -Vampire elf (KAIDEN!!!!)

14. I never thought I would ever get a full sized doll. I started off with my msd myu Malta and when one of my good friends got a dark elf Soo, I thought she was so heavy and way too big. Like six months later, I bought my El. Famous last words right? *^^*

I also never thought I would find a Volks full sd13 girl that I would like, especially one of the limiteds enough to spend that much money on. Then I saw pictures of Cristal and there was no turning back *^^* I almost didn't get her and now I am soooooo happy that I did. She is one of the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen. So personally I am very happy that I did things that I swore I never would!!

15. Things I didn't think I'd want:
      Curly wigs (Love 'em now. @_@)
      Kun (I have an adorable F-22 boy now that I absolutely love to death!)
      Anais (Now I've got one planned!)
      SD-sized dolls in general (I own two now, and am planning countless more. :sweat)
      Faceups not done by me (Currently saving up to get them nice faceups~)
      Realistic sculpts (Now I have an F-36 girl planned. O_O)
      Any doll other than Syo (Well, Syo ended up being my second doll, actually. But I thought that I'd save up for an F-15 girl to be my first and only doll. But then I saw owner pictures of a Mika, aaaand~)
      Non-lolita dolls (Only Imelda seems to be slightly loli now. The boys wear hanfu, and the two girls I have planned next... One is a frilly-dandy-aristocrat-thing and the other's such a tomboy it'd be scary to see her in a skirt.)
      A Sato-only sculpt (Hi, Miss Frilly Cravat Woman That I'm Planning.)
      A female sculpt as a male (Hi, Ce. I see you don't have any boobies.)
      A male Syo on an SD13 body (Hi, Yu. I see don't have any boobies, either. Nor are you a sweet lolita.)
      Mika (When I saw the pictures on the Volks site, I wasn't immediately fond of her, buuuut! :D)

16. Did not want:
      -An MSD(now half of my wishlist is MSD. The BF boys are so cute!)
      -Spend a crap load of money on doll clothes(now there's too many "MUST HAVE!" outfits T.T)
      -a Luts Delf(but now I'm kind of liking dreaming chiwoo! agh!)

17. Then:
      -Do not get more than one
      -Do not spend more than +/- $300 on a single doll
      -Do not spend more than $30 on single bjd related item
      -Do not want girl doll
      -Do not want any LUTS or CP
      -Never anything smaller or larger than msd 1/4 size.

Now:
      -I have 6 dolls. SIX!
      -I have dolls that easily go over $500.
      -...Most of my doll clothes are from Mio, which, cheapest item is more than $30.
      -I have a girl doll, and planning to get another.
      -Recently I fell hard for minifee Woosoo. ...SIGH.
      -I had Bambicrony once.. I still love to have smaller doll... I'm fighting very, very hard not to get any SD size kids. they'll be death of me.

18. I never wanted more than 4 dolls- I just ordered my tenth >.<

I only wanted msd sized dolls- I have 3 msd size, 3 sd, 2 sd heads, 2 tinys (one of them on the way)

I never wanted a girl- I now have two and I'm awaiting my third >w<

I never wanted a Volks doll- my Volks Elena is my favourite girl now

19. 1. I didn't want any tinies.
      2. I didn't want any minis.
      3. I didn't want any girls.
      4. I wasn't interested in Yos.

Now I have four tinies, with one more on the way.
      The minis are starting to take over :lol: .
      Out of all of my dolls my favorite is a girl (who is also a tiny :sweat .)
      I have one Yo that I adore and am planning on a little sister for him too.

20. Didn't want:
      Anything other than SD size (Now I have slim MSDs & tinies as well.)

No child dolls (Roxy Lucy changed all that but still she's the only one.)

No white skin (Now I'm addicted to it.)

No Bobobie (Sprite & Pixie forced their way in & the Tinybear elves are manufactured by them)

Absolutely nothing anime looking, only realistic dolls (Well, while I haven't gotten any of the true anime ones I have a grouping of "big-eyed" girls & boys, definitely not realistic looking kids & I love them.)

No loli clothes (Well, there're some pieces in my wardrobe that are definitely headed in that direction.)