1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Breaking the Mold" or, loving what you thought you wouldn't.

Mar 8, 2008

1. No more than 1 or 2 dolls (4 dolls 2 heads and more to come) The most impossible rule!
      No more than one wig (have a pile)
      No more than one perfect outfit per doll (Broke that rule straight away)
      No MSD dolls (one msd boy + a head and waiting for a body to come, will be ordering a MSD girl as well) slowly building my MSD army
      No tinys (got one)
      No impulse buying, carefully think about it (didint work)
      No fur wigs (have a pile)
      Do not buy extremely popular dolls (cant stop thinking about about Dia and unoa sist, slowly bending to temptation)

I thought I will be all about SD sized dolls, im not.
      I thought I will be all over fantasy parts, im not.
      I thought I will get Animal bjd army (don't really want any)
      I thought I My first doll will be my favorite being my grail doll and all (my second doll .. msd boy whom I only bought for the body, planned to sell the head.. ended up being my ultimate favorite)

I dont think I have any unbroken rules left.. Broken them all :lol:

2. I don't actually have any rules, so I've never broken any. XD I know that my tastes continue to change as time goes by. Sometimes something I love because something I feel indifferent about, and sometimes something I dislike becomes something I adore~ ♥

3. I was determined I didnt like grey skin dolls for myself... I didnt want one... But I've fallen so badly for a grey skin boy that I've managed to justify him and I want him so much D: Ive only been in the hobby just over a year or so but I know he's the new grail now I own my DOD Homme Ducan

4. I had a few rules but most of them I broke.

SDs only (I really want an MSD)
      Only one doll a year (pfffft, yeah right. I ended up ordering my second doll a month after my first one arrived)
      No impulse buying (I do that with outfits. Oooooh it will look amazing on *insert name here*. Clicks buy)
      Dolls only for characters for the story I'm working on (I'm already thinking about characters from my other stories)
      No floating heads or body parts (I have an extra set of hands, a floating head and one more on its way.)

5. Things I'd never want(ed) in a bjd:

-tan skin
      -flat breast
      -brown hair/brown eyes
      -

For some reason I wanted everything now what's written above. *_*

6. Well almost everything I thought I wouldn't even want let alone love, are the things I love most now. :-D

-Girl dolls (Never really liked girl bodies or had any girl characters I wanted dolls of)
      -Small Breasts (Even with not wanting one, I liked the curvy girl dolls, now I generally like the smaller chested girls)
      -Realistic looking dolls (Pretty much all I want now)
      -Dollshe dolls (Yeah sorry, but I just didn't like them, now I want a fair few of them so bad!)
      -Fur Wigs (Really starting to love them now)
      - Cute and Girly Girls (Have plans for two incredibly cutesy girly girls now)

And probably more things, but I can't quite remember them right now. XD

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

7. Things I never wanted or never expected to happen;
      70+ cm dolls
      Switch molds
      Crobidoll Yeon-ho
      Supernatural character
      Cross dressing boy
      Having more than 5 dolls
      Idea of having girls
      Tan skin doll
      What happen to me are;
      Owning Idealian72 boy
      Owning 3 Switch boys (in half year...)
      Owning Yeon-ho, impulse buying but I don't regret it at all
      I have one supernatural boy which is my Yeon-ho. As I stated above that I never plan on having him so his character was a problem for me at that time until I smell him. His smell at first was like Pet Shampoo, so with his face, I decided to have him to be cat demon
      Having 1 of my boy cross dressing because he looks too good on girly dresses and long curly hair
      Current dolly members number: 10 full dolls and 4 Floating heads
      Occationally look up for girl dolls and planning on having the first girl
      Desperately waiting for Switch to release Mocha Brown Taeheo

8. I never thought I would want a tiny. Then Iplehouse came out with the Lisa sculpt..... and then having a super small portable bjd seemed like a better and better idea.... and now I'm waiting for a body to arrive to go with the gray Lisa head I own so I can make my little hybrid dark elf girl.

I also never thought I would see a limited doll that I had to have. Or come across a boy doll that I really truly wanted for his own sake and not just in a half-hearted "he'd look good with my girl doll if I ever had spare money and had all the girls I want" sort of way. But then Souldoll Robb happened and now he is on layaway and I am absolutely stupid amounts of excited about him.

9. I didn't think I would buy Mega Gems because I didn't care for their bodies and the slightly higher price tag than Super Gems, but Soom really got me with two of their Mega Gems (and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more!). I found I actually like the bodies much better in person than in pictures. I also didn't think I would own so many sculpts with elf or 'pointed' ear heads! Now I love them and am more likely to buy it if it has pointy ears :)

10. I have a bit of both and I am only starting, but for some I am convinced I won't want them... we will see with time if I was wrong xD:

Things that I didn't want that already changed:

- A strange facial expression. I have DZ Carter in my Wish List.
      - A child doll. I'm starting to have almost more children in mind that grown ups... scary.
      - Pointy ears. RS Mei has pointy ears... that's still what I don't like from the sculpt but the face is so cute... I'll probably get it some day.

Things that I still don't want:

- A male doll.
      - An anime eyed doll.
      - A bigger doll than 42 cm... 42 is already BIG.
      - A tiny doll. Too tiny is bad too.
      - Sleeping head. Boring.

11. "One doll, one and done."

BAHAHAHAHA that never worked out. XD NEVER will!

12. I never thought I would want...
      -a Doll Chateau
      -a Vinyl Dollfie Dream

I'm sure I have a list of other things but those were the most prominent. I NEVER thought I could love the anime looking dolls, but that completely changed when I went to a meet-up for them specifically....and I fell in LOVE. They were so cute and so light!
      As for doll chateau, I didn't like their sculpts when I saw them for the first time...but now I adore how different they always are.

13. Things I Don't Want In BJD's...

Anime looking dolls...

Nope, all my dolls look pretty realistic...

Clothes on them that cost more than mine....

Nope, haven't gone there. Not that I haven't been tempted but....

Sleeping heads...

Still don't like and don't want, so no.

A tiny BJD...

I have one but it was a gift so I didn't cave, it just happened....

More than 9 resin BJD's...

Uh yeah, I sure did cave on that one, cough, laugh. Including the 3 floating heads I'm up to 11 and I'm thinking I might go to 13 before I am done because that's a lucky number for me and I'm very OCD about it being odd numbers when it comes to my collecting dolls. I still have to find Narae a decent looking BF at the very least. I need something better on the Miro body than the Miro boy MSD head. That head I've just never bonded with him at all. I think I want a pair of green RS MSD sized dolls too at some point. I love their green...

14. I never wanted a really tall or a very small doll. SD's and MSD's were like the perfect size.
      Then at a meet up I got to hold a Yo-Sd and I found out they weren't as small as I thought.
      Plus they are sooooooooooooooooo cute!!! >w<
      I also just received my first 70cm boy... he's huuuuge but I love him all the same~

15. -I could NEVER spend THAT much on a doll! (*looks at Beth and Brent who were around $830 and LAUGHS*)
      -I was positive I never wanted to hybrid a doll because it'd be terrifying. (I now have two.)
      -I am not a puki fan. So far so good here.
      -I wouldn't buy any kid dolls because I prefer adults. (I love my little boy Rowan to bits. XD)
      -No white or extremely pale skin. (Two words: Dollzone Eudora. DONE. -.- I also kinda want an Iplehouse Normal Skin and Island Doll Island Skin...)
      -I was NOT going to shell Damian because while he was a fun character he wasn't essential to "my list". (And then I saw a second hand Leekeworld Gray with a lip piercing and just KNEW it was him. -.- DANGIT DAMIAN. BAD BOY.)
      -I would not pay over $15 for a fur wig. (See my last complaint about shelling Damian. He has purple low lights in his blond hair and finding a wig to match that has been HORRID. But then I found Spite and Malice wigs.... :D And suddenly getting a custom wig with the colors I want in a style I want made me go... you know what... I am willing to pay more than $15 for that. XD)
      -I /will not/ get an EiD/70cm boy. Leo almost broke me on this one but I was strong! It's just too much doll! I am afraid. XD Because if I find the right one it wil only be a matter of time.
      -No tinies. (I have two if Sala, a Volkies Dollfie, counts...)
      -No more animal dolls. I am now adding a horse to accompany my fox--and considering a second horse. I didn't even know they MADE horses!)
      -
      No weird looking dolls/naming dolls after their sculpt. (And then I saw Eudora and fell in love.)

16. I never really wanted anything outside the MSD-range (or at least what would look appropriate with them), or outside the original OC family I started with... then LittleFees happened, and I ended up ordering one of those as my first impulse doll. (I'm up to six of them, and eight YO-scale total.)

I never was going to sell a doll, but I didn't bond with my first SD, and sold her off to someone who would appreciate her more. Then I was never going to get an SD again... and guess what's sitting on my workbench, waiting for a humidity drop so I can finish blushing him? :sweat

When I started the hobby, I thought FairyLand dolls were way too expensive, and was only ever going to get them second-hand or through the special introductory deal for the LTF line, so they'd be cheaper. I ended up with two MNFs along the way. Not to mention the mass of LTFs.

Additionally, when I started the hobby, everyone was crazy over CP Shiwoo and El (among other sculpts), and I just didn't see it. I'm up to three Shiwoos (one being the aforementioned SD) with plans for at least one more. There's only one El so far, but I'm planning two SD-sized ones of him, too.