1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Breaking the Mold" or, loving what you thought you wouldn't.

Mar 8, 2008

1. Things I never wanted in a BJD:
      -Volks dolls (-lol- I was a reverse elitist)
      -70cm dolls
      -More than 2

Now:
      -I have 1 Volks Yo-SD and want a Yugiri
      -Have a Limwha Mano and a Husky in the works
      -Last count 18 (not including the ones in the works)

2. School Head A. Especially as a girl. No no, not for me.
      Sasha? Eh, no not for me.
      Then came Louise. Who I didn't even buy for me. Who I had no intention of keeping. Who I could have sold before I paid for her.
      Then she said she was staying.
      Or maybe it was sgtgeorgecarter saying "eh, look at her. She's dead, she'll fit right in"

3. The only thing I was mainly against were the Girls. I never saw myself owning one, but I do like them.

Now, here I am ordering an AS- Kid Vera for my first doll! :lol:

4. haha. When I first got into Bjd, I told myself:

"I absolutely-will-not-buy from LUTS!"

Here I am, wanting to order from them.
      Along with an SA saint. XD I seen them and was like "Never." And now, Its the one I want most!

5. When I first got into it, I thought "Eww, Shiwoo." I hate happy dolls!!! Now, I have not only a Shiwoo, but a Dreaming version as well!! Not only that, but I think he is my favorite mold. Now when I see him, I think "Oohh, soooooooo cuuuutttee" *Squee*. Weird! Also, I used to not like dolls with unaturally colored eyes, but my next boy will have purple. I guess preferences change!

6. I haven't even gotten my doll and I already broke my list.. ._.;
      1. Only one doll... (I am planning on at least two but I still don't want more than two.. maybe three <_<;; eep)
      2. SD sizes only, (my first I'm getting on layaway is an MSD size, 43 cm to be exact)
      3. Get a boy doll, you know you love em best (the one I'm getting is a bobobie Sprite, I saw an owner pic and fell in love, was thinking of her being a boy, but then was all "but she's such a little cutie.. she's my lil girl <3")

xD I fail with limitations...

7. Broken rules:
      - First doll should be a girl ~ It was a boy XP
      - Only SD ~ I want a baby Supia and a Puki
      - No anthros ~ Does puki pukisha count?
      - Only stylised/anime-looking dolls ~ Now that rule's completely reversed >< Ahh! The realistic ones are always so expensive
      - All dolls must be in proportion to each other ~ I really want Supia Roda but I also really want an AiL and their heads are 20cm and 23 cm (ack! I no longer care what they look like next to each other!)
      - Only sew my own clothes ~ I really suck at sewing...
      - No 70cm+ dolls ~ Now I'm eyeing a Mano and those Mecha Angels
      - Only NS ~ Damn those BW and tanned dolls are purty ;-P
      - No modding ~ I want to commission someone to close my Miho's eyes a bit
      - No commissiong ~ See above
      - Dollshe's are ugly ~ <3 they are gorgeous!!!
      - No floating heads ~ I have two and I'd feel bad getting them bodies when I'm financially dependent

Rules I still keep to:
      - No dreaming heads
      - No girly guys
      - Only do my own faceups
      - No more than two dolls per company
      - Every doll must have a different body

8. Right, when i was looking in to buying my first doll(which turned in to two:doh) i made some conditions with my self, did you do this? if you dont know what i mean heres my list!

1. i said i would never have dis-embodied eyeballs - falied.... i have two pairs floating around the place thye dont belong to any one in particular i am keeping them just in case.

2. i said i will just get one... i know almost all of us have fallen for this one.... i got two at first and i have one on the way and i am saving for three more *_*

3. i said that i would not get two of the same, i stuck to that one.... no wait ... no i didn't ......

4. i said that i would not take them out of my house/garden.... now i find my self saying no i dont who put them in the car, in my bag, in that box, on my lap :doh

So tell me did you do this? i know at least some of you have! so list it people!

x x x

Edit: Wow didnt realize so many of you would respond! i love reading the comments! :D its amazing how we just cant resist the resin cuties!

9. 1. I said I would only have mature MSDs - I have two tinies. (Both mature though.)

2. I said I did not want a child doll - I just ordered Ange Ai-Uri from Custom House.

3. I said no way I'm ever getting an SD because they are just too big for me - but I'm really in love with IH Lt Cocori and might end up getting her.

Dustbunnie

10. I said I would only have one. (I have 2 60cm and a floating head)

I said I would never spend more than $50 for clothing\shoes and ONLY if it was something I couldn't make. (I just got the tracking # for my $300 kimono set:o)

I would never do photo-stories because most of them, as a general rule, are lame. (I have a comic-style one that has 4 finished eps and three saved on my comp that aren't done yet.)

There's a lot of stuff I said I would do but I haven't. (Ajax still needs his guitar, Vermin was supposed to be tatted like Spider Jerusalem for Halloween, Etc, etc.)
      Good topic!

11. 1. I thought I would only have one. ^_^; After ordering my Camine, I decided that I couldn't not have a doll for his husband (that would just be too sad!) And then I ended up completely smitten with DoD...so after getting my Camine, I'll be getting a DOI Luke, DOC Twin-B, and DOT Sha...woops!

2. I was pretty sure I would never want an MSD. But then I saw DoD's Twin-B! XD Besides, 45cm isn't that small!

3. Like you, I said I wouldn't randomly buy eyes. My boy has blue eyes, and I've already ordered them from Mystic Eyes, so there was no reason to buy random eyes. Turns out I'm an eye junkie ^__^; I find myself not caring if my boy has blue eyes; I can put whatever color eyes in him that I feel like! XD Unfortunately, there's a doll store nearby that sells gorgeous glass eyes...can't...resist!

4. Absolutely no unnecessary sunlight! ...but then I decided I didn't care that much. My house has windows without blinds pretty much everywhere, and it's really open. If I was trying to keep my boy out of any and all sunlight, I wouldn't be able to hang out with him while I'm doing my homework :(

12. lol Love this.
      1) Never collect wigs and eyes that I'd never use. I have wig and eyes I never use.
      2) Get more than two. (Hi Meredith! Welcome number 3!)
      3) Have more than one of the same mould. Have two for the same mould.
      4) Have clothing I would never use. Yep there's always an odd shirt that comes with a set that doesn't suit any of my girls.
      5) Get more than 3 :/
      6) Get a male doll. Waiting for him to ship as we speak
      7) Spend so much on any of them!

13. 1 *ahum* "I will never ever spend that much money on a doll" yeah Unoas come cheap . . . . .
      2 and never two of the same ? well sort of now . . . my Sist has a Hybrid Twin
      3 only buy wigs for as many heads, 3 heads wigs 8..or..9 didnt count lately ! oeps forgot I ordered a wig just hours ago . . . :) . . . oh and one more just a week ago.... :)

14. i think we've all made promises to ourselves that have been broken without guilt.

1. I promised myself i'd never buy a doll over 600$
      (I'm currently wanting my Shiwoo with a default face-up, 604$ or something like that:sweat)

2.I said I'd NEVER EVER buy more then one, because i wouldnt have enough love.
      (I'm buying my 2nd and hoping to get a 3rd next year*_*)

3. I promised that I'd never dress him in girl clothes
      (you can guess how fast that one was broken..:).)

4. I promised I'd never force him into doing something that he looked like he didnt want to do.
      (That also, didnt last long.:lol:)

5. I promised i'd never sleep with him, in fear of breaking him.
      (I cant sleep without him now;))

Oh, and the final one:

6. I'd never let anyone else see his "man parts"
      (I took him to school and he got stripped of pants and flaunted around class while i went out of the room and trusted him to a friend...:o)

15. The ones in RED have been Broooooken. :B

1. Never own two of the same sculpt--I'll be breaking this rule for another Williams someday. >>; and also planning two School A's.

2. NO FANTASY DOLLS--Soom Bix Hybrids. Of all the fantasy dolls....I got the crab. :B

3. NO FLOATING HEADS-- I won't even go into how much I've ignored this rule...D::: What am I at?? 9?????

4. NO VOLKS. <-- xD HA. 2 SD17s, 2 Yos, and 3 Heads later...~ and plan on a crap ton more. :chibi

5. No more than 20 DOLLS-- Doll Family + Wishlist > 20. Woops

6. THE GRAND KILLER~ I ALWAYS TOLD MYSELF TO NEVER SPEND OVER $1,000 ON A HEAD--...Bought a Williams head. SO I broke all my rules. Way to go.

16. I promised myself I would buy a boy doll only/boy doll first.
      I bought a Shoyo..........not the Shoyu.....Shoyo. The girl one. They're just too dang cute! X3........And I can always get her a dude body.

I promised my grandmother that I wouldn't buy another doll until christmas.
      I found out my aunt's good friend has accounts with Volks and Luts. That means cheaper prices from her. Well FORGET THAT PROMISE NOW! CP SHINE YOU ARE MINE! :D (lol)

I promised my cousin that I would spend 25 dollars for my OWN clothing needs.....
      Oh yeah, like who really sees this happening? XD

17. 1. Never have more than 1. (have 30 now - ouch)
      2. Used to be horrified by dolls over $500 (yah, as aeryn said, Unoas (and Volks special editions) come really cheap)
      3. Would never buy expensive eyes (have orders coming from mystic and gumdrop)
      4. Never own a boy. (actually, I was right on this one. Bought a boy, but ended up selling him. Boys just aren't for me).

18. Never have floating heads.. I have 3.

Never buy more than 2 dolls.. Lol heads included.. I have 6. 3 heads 3 full boys.

I swore I wouldn't have just another gay EL (or gay boys at all) But it appears they had their own plans o.O Tak especially has a habit of groping my Mephisto.

I swore I'd never cross dress them, and I've stuck to it for he most part... Except Tak in his school girl cosplay >.> I got at a anime con >.> But my EL has remained manly <3

There's probably more that I can't remember now ><

19. 1) I would make a carefully informed decision on my first doll, a boy.
      She was an impulse buy, and I love her to death and back again.

2) I would not buy items for dolls I do not have yet.
      Just bought a pair of eyes for a boy who won't be coming home for quite awhile.

3) I would never spend more than $150 on a floating head.
      My Souldoll Marvin cost me $189. She was sooooo worth it.

20. 1. I said I would never be able to buy a Unoa Lusis. :Points to siggy:

2. I said I woulld never re-string a doll, I would just pay to have it done. Then I had a bit of an emergency with changing a doll head (Elastic fell down the neck, long story), and ended up having to re-string her! :doh Now I am not the least bit afraid to restring a doll. :)

3. I said I'd never pay more than $100 for a doll outfit. I then bought a h.Naoto set for my girl that cost close to $300! :aeyepop:

4. I said I would never take my doll out of the house. I have since took my dolls outside for a few photoshoots, and meetups. I even took Tink to NYC with me once! :o