1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Breaking the Mold" or, loving what you thought you wouldn't.

Mar 8, 2008

1. 1. I said I would never sell one...

2. I said I'd never spend over £30 on clothes for them

3. I said I would'nt ever spend money I don't physically have on dolls (oh mum- why do you let me use your credit card?)

4. I said I wouldn't want an Unoa

5. I said I would only have full dolls; no floating heads or headless bodies...

2. I said I would never charge for face-ups.

But, after being ill-used a couple times, I changed my mind just to weed out the people who were taking advantage of my free face-ups to make themselves more money on the resale.

I said I'd never buy another doll on credit card, after finally settling my debt a couple years ago and I've stuck to that one. :)

3. I didn't make any promises to myself...that way I'll never be dissapointed :D

4. ~No Floating Heads (own two >_<)
      ~Not more than six (I'm using the SD = 1, MSD = 0.5, Tiny = 0.25 rationale to try and wrangle my way around this, but I'm failing at this, rapidly)
      ~No buying for dolls I don't have (does it count if it's stuff I bought for a doll I have, but didn't sell because it would suit a future doll?)
      ~Only one pair of shoes per doll (yeah, right! Eien has four pairs and NO PANTS)

And of course:

~No TINIES! (have, errrr, too many, and more planned... THEY BREEEEED T_T)

5. ~Would never spend so much money on a doll. ( Yeah. I'm saving up for three. )
      ~Would never get someone else hooked onto bjds. ( My best friend wants one. Oooops. ;D )

6. ~Not spend over $300 on a doll - FAILED
      ~Have only the four I originally planned on - FAILED
      ~Not get a puki/other tiny (at the time I didn't see how something so small could compare!) - FAILED
      ~No more until Christmas! - FAILED

This cracked me up. :XD:

7. I said I would rather not buy from Volks.
      (I want a F-16 & Kasumi now)

I said I'd never let my BJD drain my money.
      (Oh, he does. Brat >> )

I said I wouldn't attend every meet I could physically get to.
      (I die inside at the thought of missing even one xD )

I said I wouldn't ever buy or want an anthro doll.
      (Why are they so cute?! Why, Pipos??! WHY?!)

8. Would never spend over 400$ on a mini. That lasted for about...3 months before I found one I needed to have :/ She was 200 bucks over the limit.

would mostly have SD. Most of the ones I plan to have soon are all minis. D: Luckily I keep my rules as more of guidelines anyway.

9. I said I didn't wanted a girl or a tiny and now I wish for a tiny girl xD
      And lots of other girls. I'm happy, it's possible to change ones mind.

10. Didnt realize this would be so popular! lol see i knew it wasnt just me!

11. I have only been into the hobby for a very short while and have already broken most of my rules...:doh

1. I would research every SD scuplt thoroughly before I brought my first one to make sure I truly fell in love....brought my first - a Sabik - exactly three hours later...Soom was the second site I looked at.:doh

2. I said I would just get one...then I cracked and said I would wait until the Sabik turned up and bond with him before I brought my next doll. Three nailbiting weeks later I brought my next doll.:doh

3. That I wouldnt buy a doll for over 500 pounds...hi Sard...your fullset with wings sure is lovely...oh IO...a scarred extra head and beautful lion mask you just can't be seen without...of course I'll buy them for you :doh

4. I have recently decided that I am only allowed to buy more dolls on layaway as it will calm the insane doll spree to maybe three a year...so far its working.

5. No Tinies/no MSDs...a MNF DES head is probably at my door even as I type...:doh

6. No Floating Heads...two...possibly three...(see above)...:...(

I'm not very good at this sticking to rules malarkey!....:)

12. The old "one doll per year" rule lasted about three months. :sweat

Now I abide by a "no rules" rule! :mwahaha :mwahaha

13. NO TINIES.
      I have 1. Well, it was a present..I still love it!

No boys. Who needs boy dolls?
      Me, apparently. I have more boys than girls now!

No sleeping, dreaming dolls. Oops. I have 2 Dreaming Moons, and 3 dreamy-eyed Juris.
      It's like 4Am after a really good party here!

14. The big one for me was buying dolls that weren't originally pre-developed characters. At least with Huck I had a bit of a personality and look developed with him but if I get the next doll I'm trying for I feel almost totally clueless as to how he'll fit in. On the plus side, I'm kinda excited by the chance to get a doll and develop him after I get him instead of beforehand.

15. 1. will never buy a BJD 4~5years back... Now I have one (and more planned, lol)

2. will not have floating heads... and now I have a MNF vampire/elf woosoo boy head waiting for a body that won't come anytime soon. =A=

3. prefer to own only SDs... now I have the head ^ and I have 2 more MSD boys planned. GO ME!

4. will not prepare an outfit in advance for any dolls... but now I have a set of SD girl clothing and no money for the doll in sight at all.

Oh dear. We break our own rules more than anything, LOL!!

16. What a fun thread.
      I promised I'd have no more than one doll per company. (Five companies are represented more than once in The Horde now. And three pairs of that number are the same sculpt, soon to be four.)
      Only one MSD sized doll. (I broke that one just this week. More will probably come as a result.)
      No limited sculpts. (Four so far...)

I'm sure there will be more. "Never" isn't a good word to apply to dolls.

17. &#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;
      Not to buy another doll :sweat:sweat

18. lets see...
      I said I would only get one- failed, I have 4
      I said I wouldn't get so attached I couldn't sell him- EPIC fail, fell in love first time I saw him and swore he'd never leave .__.
      now I refuse to part with all of them under pain of death D=

19. Said I would buy clothing my doll could all share. My el has his own trunk of clothing.

Said i would not own a tiny. I have a Ted .... so cute

Said I would never sale any... I have but mostly to friends or to good homes and all were doll I tried very hard to bond with.

Said only one wig perdoll... My El again.

20. Promises Broken:
      ~No more than 1 doll~
      HAH!
      ~No more than 2 dolls~
      HAH...he...heh......... bank account............. :(:...(
      ~Own both realistic and UNrealistic dolls~
      I've discovered that pointy noses (as in more anime-like sculpts) aren't for me. T_T Realism here I come!
      ~Wouldn't do my own faceups~
      One promise that both my wallet and I are happy to break! I really enjoy giving dolls faceups now. <3

Promises Kept!!!! <3:
      ~Would never own more than 1 boy~
      I kept this promise!
      ~That one boy would not be gay, and he would not ever crossdress (not because I have anything against either. I just prefer to dress him and cast him as a very masculine character)~
      Also kept this promise!
      ~Would buy a friend a doll!~
      Wohoo!!! GOT THE MONIES!!!!!!!
      ~Would never buy anything I couldn't struggle to make myself~
      Actually, most of the clothing that my dolls own, I could NEVER make myself! I've made them things, too, though. <3