1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BuddyDoll is revamped with new dolls! Kyle, Daniel & Isabel

Dec 22, 2008

1. Thanks DanceCat! But, I finally gave up waiting for an answer on this, and went ahead and bought a Mars Tough from their international website.

I received him in May, and he's gorgeous! Daniel is the next BuddyDoll on my wishlist, now.

2. Bumpit, Bumpit ...
      Want to see Kyles, Kyles, Kyles!!!

3. How eay is it to find clothes that fit the Buddydoll 70cm bodies? The measurments look to be around the Dollmore Model M size? or Souldoll Zenith?

4. From what I've heard, their thighs are quite thick, so it makes finding pants difficult.

5. This was my thought BUT the hip circumference is too different probably.
      Dollmore Model Hip Circ: 25 (slim model) 26cm (muscle model)
      Buddydoll Hip Circ: 27.3 cm
      Dollmore Glamour Model Hip Circ: 27.6cm (but clothes are slim pickings)

Dollmore Model Hip to Ankle: 41cm
      Buddydoll Hip to Ankle: 40cm
      Dollmore Glamour Model Hip to Ankle: 43cm

Dollmore Model Waist: 19.5cm
      Buddydoll Waist: 20.2cm
      Dollmore Glamour Model Waist: 23cm

Dollmore Model Foot: 9cm
      Buddydoll Foot: 8.4
      Dollmore Glamour Model Foot: 10cm

I don't trust buying Model pants for my future Buddydoll. With a difference of 1.3cm, I am just afraid to chance it. Meanwhile the Glamour Models do not have many clothes at all. The variety just isn't there. I don't even have measurements for the thickness of the thighs but I'm sure the Buddydoll's are much thicker than the Dollmore dolls. Buddydoll is definately a hunk of man meat in my book. I just have to have one!!

6. So, is Buddydoll going to remain sold out of Kyle forever? Anyone know if they will be producing more???
      I finally had the money for Kyle in February but they were sold out. :( :(

7. Thanks masala! I've left a message there. I don't know why I couldn't find their Q&A when I was there earlier! I sent a 1:1 message but they never answer those.

8. No problem, Dancecat!! Yeah, I had noticed they don't answer the 1:1 messages before. I tried to message a couple of times through that with no response. But I got a quick response through the Q&A.

9. They have no intention to make more of Kyle, Daniel or Edward. I can't imagine why. I would imagine these more masculine boys sold well, especially over their pretty boy dolls.

I guess I'll never get a Kyle. :( I'll have to get an Iplehouse Tedros for the character. Kyle would have been better, he's got a smug look about him, which was what I needed. D*mn the economy to h*ll. Why couldn't I get into these dolls when I still had a job?

10. I LOVE Mars "the Silence"!! I am thinking of making him my first doll...any input on this decision? Would he make a good first?

11. Awwww That's terrible Dancecat! I thought for sure they were just going through one of those Glorydoll-like periods where everything was sold out and they were waiting to re-stock. T___T It's such a shame because a lot of those sold-out sculpts are so gorgeous.

12. Buddydoll's have very good bodies in my opinion. They pose well, thought sueding does help! But they really are magnificent. And so beautifully sculpted.

Thanks Masala, I'm so upset about it. I can't imagine why they'd discontinue a brand new line. Something must be wrong.
      I'm looking at the Souldoll Chiron now, perhaps he's closer to the look of the character I need. But I'm still hopeful I will find a Kyle in the MP. Though the outlook is grim. Kyle just has a perfect face and I love the Buddydoll bodies.
      I just don't understand at all.

13. :( Sorry to hear about it!! I agree--they completely discontinued a large number of the sculpt they had and got rid of all of their female sculpts. Something must be an issue if they're scaling back to that degree. One of the only companies I can think of that has a similar aesthetic to Buddydoll is Angelheim, but they don't really have any smiling sculpts. Chiron or Iplehouse Chase might make a good replacement.

14. RATZ! :doh I didn't know that BuddyDoll had permanently disconinued Daniel, Kyle, and Edward. As I had posted earlier, I had hoped to get a Daniel. I wonder why they felt the need to discontinue such lovely sculpts?

15. Hi, I was wondering how long it took Buddydoll to ship to you guys? I've never ordered directly from a company before, and I don't want to pay huge shipping and have to wait. I'm still saving for my next purchase, but I'm thinking if I get Mars he can share his body with my floating head... even though the skin won't match...

16. When, oh, when will we see the site again? Buddydoll needs to hurry up with construction andd revamping...then again...no...then I'll be tempted if I do happen to see my dream doll.

17. Dustis, I gotta bad feeling about this. I went to the Buddydoll site, and it's not there anymore. The Buddydoll Logo and message they had posted stating they were revamping the site and planning to come back with new dolls is gone!

It looks like their business may be closed permanently. This is very sad, since they had such lovely dolls. My Mars Tough is one of my favorite boys. Does anybody know for sure?