1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Burnout while waiting

Mar 6, 2010

1. That is something I take into consideration. Do I think the doll is worth the wait? Will I still want it as much in 3 months as 3 days? Is it a doll I REALLY love. If I feel that a doll won't keep my interest for a long time, I try to pass it by. But sometimes things happen and the wait doesn't seem worth it even though the urge was strong to start with. So , yes, sometimes, the waiting is hard.

2. EDIT: I just recieved a shipping notice for my doll. So, I officially am no longer burnt out. Imust admit, though, this was the first wait that ever really got to me.

3. Waiting is aaaaawful. But the most I've waited is about 2 months I think... so I can't imagine waiting for a year! But it does come with the territory. The best way for me is to not think about it ... :) Yeah. That'll work.

4. I just put it out of my mind that a new doll is coming, after I buy any needed accessories for it. By the time it arrives, the pain of paying for it has passed and it's almost like getting an unexpected present in the mail.

5. I don't buy dolls that aren't worth waiting for... They are ALL too expensive for buying on a whim.

On layaway, I've waited over 6 months. I was glad that there WAS layaway, because the dolls I like are sometimes a bit much to pay for all at once.

The Waiting Rooms here are set up for helping folk get through the waiting periods. I kind of like being in them. :whee:

6. EXACTLY.

My longest wait time so far has been four months, due to layaway. And in all that time I couldn't even imagine getting burnt out on the anticipation, since he was a doll we really wanted. I guess I was fortunate that my first boy only took a week to get here, though, so I had him to distract me at least. ^_^;

I'm sure that once your doll gets here, you'll get over that 'burnout' feeling real quick. ^_~

7. Just because people get burnt out while waiting does not mean they bought a doll on a whim. Many of my favorite dolls took months to come home to me. I think that there are many ways to get burnt out. For me, I loved the doll to death when I saw the Volks pictures and had no problem waiting for her. However, I have not liked her owner pictures and that has lead me to get burnt out while waiting because she is not turning out to be what I thought ( though I might get her and fall in love, you never know). I really wanted her, just as much as I really wanted my Luna (who was a long wait as well). I didn't get burnt out while waiting for her and she wasn't a whim, just as my current doll wasn't.

What I am really trying to say in this long winded response, is that people do sometimes get burnt out while waiting for a doll they really wanted and planned to buy.

8. My MNF took about a month and a half to ship, and I kind of had that burnout while I was waiting, I just got to the point where I got over my impatience and didn't check the site obsessively or stalk the waiting room thread. Once I got my shipping notice though I was fine, I got really really excited. (Excited enough to chase down the mailman when i missed the delivery...)
      I'm not as obsessive as some people I guess... I just accepted from the beginning that it was going to be a long wait, so it wasn't worth getting worked up about in the first place lol

9. Waiting has the reverse effect for me. I actually find myself itching to find new things to buy :lol I want the gratification of having something new to play with or receive in the mail and it's very distracting! Every once in a while I give in to the urge and go on a shopping spree. Doh! I have two dolls waiting for delivery and in this case (because of the amount I spent) I can not afford to give in to the urge for a shopping spree. So very hard, I tell you!! So, I feed the urge by window shopping - whether it be at my local shopping district or on Ebay. Ah, I need to win the Lottery I tell you!

10. It's your first bjd? Well, it's natural to have doubts and fluctuations of feeling. I have this often, whether I'm waiting for a doll or it's sitting right here in front of me. ^_~

I say don't worry about it, just play it as it lays. JennyN is right about turning the calendar to the wall and distracting yourself with something completely unrelated. Bailey at Volks told me the same thing when I ordered my avatar girl.

If when she arrives you are less than pleased with here you can take it from there... but don't stress about it in the meantime! I think we are both waiting for our dolls from the same company, so I think you'll be pleased! :-D
      Your first, my umpteen-millionth! ^_~

Raven

11. I...tend to buy lots of things during the wait x.o
      Even if it's a wait just for a faceup or mod XD
      Or I talk to people in the waiting room, the people there are very nice! and it really helps pass time by c:
      Right now x.o i'm waiting to get some checks in the mail for my next two and a faceup DX
      I think the "saving up" or waiting for the money wait is much worse myself,
      The longer i wait to buy the doll the more choices i look at and the harder it is to choose ><

12. Thank you for all the lovely replies to the thread. It sounds like many has felt the same as me at some point in their collecting. I really appreciate that (makes me feel a bit less silly and alone.
      Reading this makes me wonder if the strong feeling of impatience stems from the fact that it is the first BJD (You're right there, Raven :) ) and maybe I feel a bit uncertain about it as it is new. I have used inhumanly long to make the leap into BJD's, looking at them for over a year (I fell in love with so many and had to make up the direction to go as I hate selling dolls....)and buying other kinds of dolls (I collect also antique dolls)whilst making my mind up. I have collected dolls for many years and have had dolls on lay-away for as long as I've collected. Just that this time I feel so much anticipation that I end up thinking/planning too much. I think that in many ways also I was not prepared how long not only the dolls take, but ordering eyes in the color that I want (my girl will be wearing eyes that are much too big when she comes until the "special" ones from pre-order comes). It all seem to take time. I now have the pastels and lashes, waiting for her wig and paint-set (I feel like I'm subsidising the Global Postal deliveries; all of them: sure everyone here know the feeling :D ).
      As can be heard. I am still waiting (along with Raven :D) for my girl, but feel better in spirit (although still in the planning for props stages; just can't help myself LOL ).

13. I waited five years before I was able to buy my Yori and it was... an experience. All the while I was putting together outfits and buying eyes and wigs ^-^. At least when she showed up she arrived in style. Now I've ordered a Hani from CH and in the meantime I've channeled some of that impatience into discovering a new (off-topic) hobby.

14. I did that with my Yo-SDs.Bought them as a set from here so I wasn't out much but the girl went to a friend for a new face up for three months and the boy was in peaces waiting for new elastic.... couldn't get attatched and u=ended up selling them both. It happen, I have an MSD now though and yah layaway and shipping makes you bouncy but it's worth the wait.

15. i'm horrible about waiting, and i'm really scared that i'll have burned myself out by the time my newest doll gets here. he's on a long layaway and he's bigger than the rest of my group, so... D: anxiety burnout, is really what i'll give myself. i know i'll love him, but i'll freak out and freak out and freak out until he gets here.

16. I'm feeling a bit burned out too. I'm 1.5 weeks in waiting for my new girl and I've spent so much time thinking about her, at this point I feel completely uninthused, like I O.D.ed or something lol. The kimono I ordered for her just came in the mail and I was trying it out on another doll. It was so frustrating trying to get it look just right I eventually put it away (for now). Any way I think that's what did it for me. I know I'll be totally psyched when I finally open that box though. And I'll be checking the mail every day when she ships :)

17. I don't get burned out from the waiting so much as the planning that takes place during the waiting. So many hours of scheming, thinking, envisioning face-ups, clothing I'll sew, and so on. I'll spend months shopping for just the right doll face and body, saving for it, then order it. Obsessing on it's future look, I'll actually dream about my doll-to-be! By the time it gets here, the naked, unpainted doll just can't live up to the hype and I'm so sick of thinking about it I just can't paint it right away. I went through this with my Pukipuki. He was on layaway for three months, and when I finally got him, I was so burnt out thinking about him that I couldn't commit myself to painting him. So I left him sleeping in his box, taking him out occassionally to play with, and then put him back. It was two more months before I finally painted him. And gods help me if I've got another project going on when a new dollie arrives!

18. I just bought my first doll and I have a month and a half wait approximately to wait, with the first doll jitters and nerves buzzing around. I've found reading through DoA has actually been calming my nerves rather than make me more anxious and nervous. It's still only been a couple days and I'm still looking at clothing (I can't really sew ... >.>). I'm basically planning to pick up one more thing for my boy and force myself to a halt until I actually get him.

I was reading through the disappointments thread when I realized the bubbling in my stomach had gone. I think that's what I fear most.. is that I'll get him and dislike him or something.. which makes the wait that much worse.

19. The hardest wait for me was my third doll, but I have a super love for the mould and I ordered during LUTS winter event and expected him to take a long time. It didn't help that my first BJD order had been super fast either. So far most of my waits have been short, this last wait was just over 20 days, but I'm not known for patience. I just try to shop around for them, even just window shop, plan what I'd like to do with them, look for little things for them at the mall etc. In a way I'm glad I wont be able to order the wig/eyes or clothes for my MnF Miyu when the time comes, I know Fairyland is a longer wait than what I'm used to so far and so it gives me time to prepare for her and distract myself abit that way. :)

20. I hate waiting - I am a really impatient, want it now kind of gal ;-)
      I had Tyni & Soso on layby for a few months and that felt looooong! They were worth the wait though :-)