1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Burnout while waiting

Mar 6, 2010

1. I'm in the middle of waiting for my first doll, so I can't say much, but I'm a super impatient person. But at the same time, I agree w/ MareOfNight; I'm getting (and have gotten a bit) bored of waiting, and my other hobbies are taking over and filling my head. Of course, I'm still running around the forum getting ideas for things I want to make him, I'm just the type of person who'd rather make things when they're here. I don't know why. xP

2. waiting is killing me , layaway killing me more~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. I absolutely HATE waiting. It's agony. I just whine about it to my husband until the dolls get here, though. I don't get clothes for the doll or anything like that until they get here. Although, now that I think about it, that would probably make the wait less painful. I've never experienced burnout from dolls. My interest in playing with them comes and goes, but I never burn out. My suggestion is to just stop planning so much for them if it's burning you out. Then, when they get here, it will be a nice surprise. :)

4. Yah I agree I think that I get tired of waiting but I am busy with school and stuffs so as long as my other friends aren't waiting and right now my two friends are waiting for dollie stuffs to arrive as am I so I think it makes it even harder.

5. For my last two dolls (Volks SWD Nana and Yo lillie) I had to wait around 4 months for them to arrive. It was pure torture, but I coped by keeping myself busy and focusing on other things that needed to get done. Ive found that if I sit around and plan/plot about my doll arriving I get anxious and restless. SO I just dont focus on it. :) I get more burned out about the waiting period for the doll. But when the doll arrives its completely worth it, especially if its a doll that you really want.

6. I had the same problem while waiting for my first doll to arrive. She was an order from Lati and their 8 week wait time seemed like ETERNITY. I actually ended up ordering another tiny from the marketplace here in the meantime, because I'm impatient and she was irresistibly cute. :) But once she (okay, they) arrived, the spark was back and I was super happy to see her.

I was about three months pregnant* at the time I was waiting for my first doll to arrive, so I consoled myself with the fact that the doll would arrive before the baby did.

*I do not recommend this as a way to pass your waiting period. Pregnancy has small, screaming side effects that will take away from your doll time! :lol:

7. I've got all my dolls on layway, but I'm very patient ... or, simple, I don't think about doll what I still don't have. That's not that, I don't like it :P Every time I've got parcel with my doll/stuff for bjd, that's right time to enjoying~ and then I've realized it was ages when I've orderet it!

8. I'm patient. Very patient. I'll just focus on something else.
      The only time I get really frustrated about waiting is when the mail is being an ****.
      I don't mind waiting, but I do mind waiting longer than necessary.

9. Gosh, I had the worst burnout waiting for my girl--and I only had to wait two months! But she was my first, so I suppose that with the knowledge that she was sitting inside my house and I couldn't look at her (Early Christmas gifts that you know about but aren't allowed to open until Christmas suck. Seriously suck.) kind of made things that much worse. I've got nearly enough for a second girl now, and the saving isn't nearly as bad, so I'm hoping that the wait won't be as bad, either. x3

10. I can't even order my first doll until after I move (in two months!) and get everything for the new place bought, and I already had a minor burnout waiting for DoA to reopen registration (I knew what doll I wanted, I *thought* I knew what eyes I wanted, was mostly settled on a wig and resigned myself that the only way I was getting clothes I wanted was custom making or commissioning). But now I'm here and have plenty to keep myself busy with waiting to order and then waiting for my doll :)

11. I try to be patient, but I can't say that waiting isn't annoying (at times). I take the time to gather all the goodies I want for my planned dolls and then look to other hobbies and work to occupy my time. I do look back on when I first came into the hobby and it took me over a year to save for my first ABJD. Then, I had to go through a shopping service, then wait for Volks to make her, then ship her to the shopper, then ship her to me, etc. The wait times for me now seem to be so much less than what I went through back then.

For example, I placed an order with a company that has notoriously long wait times, and now we are on month #5 from the time I ordered. I'm not tired of the wait, but I have fallen out of love with the sculpt intended for my character (so she will be put up in the marketplace). But, on the brighter side! I have decided to save up for two sculpts I really adore. The doll artist said that I will have to wait several months for her to start the manufacturing period, but I am happy with these dolls as my characters. XD

When you feel burnt out, just regroup and relax. Put you mind at ease and think about other things. It's refreshing.

12. I'm still wait on my first doll, but I find that I'm going through phases. For the first two weeks, I was running all over the net, looking for things, planning things, ect. Then I kinda settled into my waiting and went back to my other hobbies. The last week and this week however have been shear torture (possibly because I went and ordered another doll :) ) but I just heard that my boy is in Customs and on his way to Featherfall...which means he'll hopefully be here next week.

I'm happy, but part of me is just like "oh come on and get here already". I'm feeling antisy and annoied because I want him here now...*sigh* One more week, one more week...

13. I remember waiting for my second doll -- it was agonizing! I was fortunate to buy my first girl from a US retailer, and had her on demand ;D But for my DELF, it was me every day waiting for the mail man. I even skipped class the day she was SUPPOSED to arrive, but was delayed in customs -_-.

I coped by (poorly) making outfits for her, or even not thinking about her at all - focusing on other things so I didn't get impatient about the ordeal.

I hope when she arrives the burned out feeling passes!

14. same here. that was basically what I did. After those 1,2 weeks, I think I coped pretty well by focusing on other things, even forgetting to come to the waiting room to moan and groan. I guess mainly because I was promised a month's long waiting time by the company I bought the doll from. Imagine how crushed I was when 3/4 way through my weight, I was told that my doll would be delayed for about another month due to some holiday season backlog crap. *pulls hair* Then I went to do some online shopping again, bought a bunch of stuff and contemplated getting another doll. My doll is supposed to be done late april. No more delays hopefully or I might go mad!

15. I actually did just order my first doll about a week ago, and the first couple days were AGONY.

Coping?
      Distract distract distract.
      Finding other things to do.
      Madly knitting him clothes.
      Going out and seeing doll-friends, who I am lucky enough to have and who will let me cuddle their boys.
      And this is only the first week! Oh dear.

I don't think I could actually "burn out," as in not be excited for him anymore, but I am trying to distract myself so that I don't end up emotionally exhausted all the time.

16. I am waiting for four, count them, four dolls.

Two of them, I have been waiting on for months...the others, much less time. Honestly, I am really excitable, and immediate gratification is kinda nice. I am still getting used to that being kind of an impossibility in this hobby x_x

On the other hand, when they finally do arrive, and your heart just melts...I guess that means the wait was worthwhile, and you chose wisely!

17. I normally find the waiting mostly exciting and fun. It builds up the suspense and makes it so sweet when the doll arrives.
      Then again, I've been waiting for an AE doll for 4 months now, and now I'm sort of just getting angry because she was meant to be here 2 months ago. :(
      But she'll come, and I'll love 'er. And that's more important :3

18. My biggest problem right now is that I'm suffering a burnout with life in general, and planning for my doll is one of the things keeping me going... so if I burn out on that I really don't know what I'll do. *sigh* I'd feel so much better if I had him now.

19. I suppose it's something you have to learn to live with in this hobby, or you will die slowly inside after each order. ^^ I contend myself with buying entirely too many things for the incoming doll and I find chatting with others waiting for the same doll or at least from the same company really helps when we can complain, dream and plan together, especially celebrate when they finally make it home. When they're second hand, it's almost more stressful without tht company time to wait and prepare. o_0 I'm just about to head into my longest wait for a doll and I hope I can do what I usually do, almost forget... (until they've shipped, at which point I go into a bit of a frenzy. ^^) I'm still an impatient person, but I guess I've learnt how to deal.

20. im using my personal trick :XD: : i just try to "forget" im waiting that doll. especially when i had to pay with layaway (but i dont forget to pay rates :P ). i try to focus on other things because to get anxious on one thing that i already know i wont get before some months, its useless.
      the real waiting for me, starts when the company ships the doll: just because the doll is in transit and everything can happen, is the worst perdiod of the wait, for me.