1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Burnout while waiting

Mar 6, 2010

1. Waiting is difficult for me, too. I ordered my first doll who took about two months and a bit to get here, and ordered my second doll a few days before the first one got here. The wait for the second doll who also took about two months and a bit was a lot less difficult because I had another doll to keep me occupied. But the final part, the wait between "Shipped" and "Home safe" is always hardest and most stressful to me. Those few days stress me out quite a bit and it's always a relief when the doll's home safe and not accidentally delivered to my criminal neighbors who would deny the dolls' very existance ^^''... luckily most dolls require a ransom so at least the doll is safe for them!

2. The worst part of waiting was that I waited so long for my Custom House dolls that I honestly did not want them after I had bought them and my tastes had changed.

3. Waiting is never gonna be something easy to do if you're always thinking on getting the shipping notice and checking the mail, which is something we all do anyway. xD

I just kill the time with college stuff, since it drains me to the point I can almost forget I'm waiting for a package to arrive, though I agree those few days, when they've finally shipped the doll, are specially difficult.

4. I can't say I ever really got burnt out but I did take a couple of week long breaks when I was thinking about getting my doll and after I ordered her before she got here. I do agree with some of the other people saying that once you get them all of the plans you've made are so much fun to actually work out.

5. I had that problem once. Sometimes I'll see a doll and buy it impulsively, without really thinking too hard about how well it will fit in or what I'll do with it.

Well, once I did that and ended up having to wait around 4 months for the doll to arrive, and during those months I started to have second thoughts. I don't know if that's quite the same thing as burnout, but it sort of felt like I couldn't maintain the same level of enthusiasm after a while, and then I found myself questioning whether I wanted the doll at all.

However, I got over it as soon as I got my package in the mail. :)

6. Stir Crazy... Every time I place an order for a doll, I lose touch with reality, or so it seems. I keep checking and rechecking the status of the order, as if that's going to make it ship any faster. After they do ship, I incessantly check that status until it arrives in my town, then i stalk the door for the mail carrier/delivery service person. After they arrive I'm fine again until I order more... I think I need Dolly Rehab...

7. my first comes next week and .. the last two days where horror xDD

8. I really appreciate this thread bc I just ordered my first bjd and it won't be here until after Christmas...probably well into January. I have ordered 'stuff', read everything and wonder if I will ever open a box. Been trying to sew for her but its hard if you can't fit it. And its my secret bc I am not a young woman anymore and my family will think I have totally lost my cookies.

9. I know between the time I ordered my doll, to the waiting was hard, but now that she is home I can tell it was worth the wait. I had a friend pick her up for me, so it was doubly difficult because of the time she came into the shop versus when I could have her (it tacked on about an extra month) made me a bit twitchy. :)

10. My main problem is that I tend to buy more stuff to fill in the time. And buying clothes that get here in two days for a doll that won't be here for months just makes it worse because I'm dying to see her in those outfits!
      Right now I've got a Reminisce head and two MSD-size girls ordered. Somebody stop me! *_*;)
      I think it would help if the companies would give us more updates on their progress, such as: we are casting now, we are painting now, we have sent it, here is your tracking number. Instead of just, "we have your $$$$money!" :mwahaha

11. Waiting is certainly hard. Not just waiting for a doll to arrive but also waiting to have enough money. :( I realized recently that with having to buy Christmas present, I'm probably not going to be able to order my doll until January or February, which means it'll be March or April by the time she gets here. :aeyepop:

I don't know what to do in the meantime. I kind of get the feeling that if I have to wait that long I'll lose a lot of interest. Anyone have any suggestions for keeping your interest up, especially for your first doll? :sorry

12. I am beginning to feel a bit of that burnout. I placed my order on 24th of July, and have yet to receive a shipping notice. The company lied twice to me about the shipping date, and even though I knew I would have to wait a long time and that they would most likely lie about my order, it's still a little frustrating. The one good thing about such a long wait is that she could be like my early christmas present to myself ^^ and I keep myself occupied with school and writing and searching for clothes and props.

13. I remember the wait for my first doll. I was excited at first, but at around the midpoint, I started to wonder if it was all going to be worth it and if I had spent my money wisely. I was so, so worried that I wouldn't like him and that I had wasted my savings! But when he finally got here, all of my worries were blown away.

I experienced some similar feelings after ordering my second doll, but she got here so quickly and unexpectedly, the feelings didn't have time to take root and I was still in that "What, I ordered a doll? Oh yeah..." stage.

I guess the longer you have to wait, the more likely your thoughts will run wild.

14. I'm waiting on my 1st & it's been very difficult. I tried to put it out of my mind for a while but after 2 months I'm very anxious!

The past weekend I practiced knitting smaller & smaller clothes since my 1st is a Soso & I don't have anything on hand to use for scale.

I've also seriously started deciding who I want as my 2nd & 3rd before my 1st has even arrived O.o But that has more to do with planning for presents-Jan bday & March anni. I want to be prepared when dh asks what I'd like :)

15. Take mind, switch mind off. It'll be like a whole new suprise when the order sent email finally comes :p Far easier said than done, and I did go from wondering if the doll is worth the money to oh my, this is the best thing ever! When waiting on my first.

'Course, it is considerably easier to wait when you have existing dolls, or so I found. Unless 'tis a whole different size I'm ordering for, my current ones will get to try out outfits not bought specifically for them, swap hair around, try out eyes...if I put that much thought into it, often when a doll has gotten here it's been with little to no idea who they are...^^;

16. I'd never experienced this until the end of this summer, when I joined a split for a Super Gem female body. She was on layaway, and as I made my payments, I had my doubts about spending that much money on the body; I was getting buyer's remorse. But now that I have her, I'm totally happy. Now I just need to buy a head for my harpie girl (she has Amber arms and Galena talons). But this development does make me worry about my commitment to dolls. I guess we'll see as time goes by!

17. I am currently experiencing a slight burn out on one of my dolls. But I think it would have been fine if the dealer that I ordered from would actually reply to my emails more then once a month (or less). I haven't paid for the doll, which may be the reason for the burn out. But I custom ordered him 4 months ago and my household has received 2 dolls since then and I have gotten confirmation of another dealer I am working with has a head I ordered but that won't ship till they get another preorder in. The dealer that has my 'burn out doll' has also gotten a shipment from this company once already and doesn't have doll in yet. The email said next week almost a month ago.

-pant pant- ok bad vent there but that's my burn out (maybe literally I may have started something on fire with that oO)

18. The wait is always difficult for me. It doesn't matter how long or short the wait is, I'm always a nail biter for waits.
      The doll I'm currently waiting on to arrive has been sitting in transit according to his tracking for over a month now and even though I know it's due to the holiday traffic still being backed up (I have a friend who ordered gifts for her fam for christmas and hasnt received them yet either), but I'm still everyday checking the tracking 20 times an hour like a crazy person! It drives me up a wall lol but even though I feel burnout with waiting, I know once he gets here I'll be so ecstatic to see him that I'll appreciate the wait (in some odd way) because it made me more anxious to get him.

19. I think it's better to just not think about it and distract yourself with something else, and when the doll finally arrives, it'll either be worth it the wait and money or on the other hand, not be what you imagined. If the doll doesn't turn out like you expected, you can either try to bond with it, or sell it right away. But really, during the whole waiting process, I think it will save you a lot of anxiety if you just don't think about it. -.- You won't know until it arrives!

20. Planning is very mentally exhusting. It makes me very resless. Waiting a really long time for a doll can make me feel a big mopey. Luckily my last doll shipped within two weeks! :)