1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

But ... she just GOT there! >__<

Sep 25, 2008

1. No one can be sure how they'll feel about a doll until it's in their hands. Internet pictures do not really provide a full sensory experience. The weight, the texture, and the posability are all factors that can't be experienced through a sales thread, for example.

I can recall plenty of heads I thought I would adore as new characters, but which I hated when they arrived on my doorstep. Into the sales bin they went. I've never bothered to follow up on their ultimate fate because, in the end, it's none of my business.

I don't think anyone would ever buy a doll and immediately resell it just for kicks and giggles. The doll in question clearly isn't fitting in there -- so it's best for it to move on to somewhere it will fit in. If you really want what's best for the doll, it being resold is the best thing possible!

2. It seems to me that maybe you weren't really quite ready to sell that doll so that's why this is bothering you so much. Hopefully the new doll you're planning on getting will take the sting away. And on the bright side, at least your buyer had the courtesy to contact you and let you know what she was doing. Once your transaction was complete, it technically became her doll and she had no real need to let you know what was going on :)

3. Personally, I think two days is plenty of time. I'm not going to keep a $500 doll around if I don't like it, when I could use the money for other things. The doll isn't yours anymore and she can do whatever she wants with it.

4. Oh sure it's happened to me, but it never really troubled me, I didn't take it personally or anything. That's how it is in this hobby, you make a beautiful paint and it gets wiped or "enhanced" or the doll gets re-sold. You'll get used to it!

Raven

5. Wow, that's fast! If it was me, I'd give it at least a week (or even a month) before I decided it really wasn't what I wanted.

Maybe it hurts because you feel like you weren't REALLY ready to sell the doll, and when the buyer immediately sells it again, you feel like it's now pretty impossible to ever get it back (even though you never planned on doing that).

6. as far as her using your photos it is considered copy right infringement, those photos belong to you and are your property.

But to keep on the thread...I feel that sometimes you fall for the pics and when the doll is in your hands, sometimes the good feeling leaves.

I have done it...I've kept dolls maybe a month and then decided they weren't for me...I even sold a doll a few hours after getting it {it was from a US dealer and there were issues with doll being that it was dark tan} but I try to give a doll a chance....

Maybe she had buyers guilt after getting the doll...you never know..but it was hers to do with what she wanted..I'd say let it go...there are more dolls out there to love!!

7. Awe I would never take it personally, (as said) people can receive a doll and realize its not a good fit or just run into money trouble.

I'm sure the doll will find a good home eventually.

8. I understand how you feel. I have been a doll collector for a long time now, and I have sold many dolls over that time. I am a very emotional person, and as a result, I invest a lot of feeling in everything I own. Most objects have a life of their own when they live with me. I apologize to tables when I bump into them. (Just giving you a background to where this is coming from) And there have been quite a few dolls that I have sold, that I really was ready to part with, and I kind of felt bad for selling them though, and then the new owner sold them very fast, and I felt even worse for the doll. Like they weren't loved or something. And everyone and everything needs some love at some point.

I know I probably sound crazy, but it's really complicated, so I just want you to know that I don't find it odd that you feel like that at all. Hopefully you can get your SD soon, and the sting will fade. Good Luck!

9. That's happened to me before, too. ^_^ The buyer even told me halfway through layaway that she was going to resell the doll. It was a little sad, because the doll had been in that box for about two months already, but I wasn't offended either. As long as I got my money and she got the doll [to sell], everyone's happy! And her friend bought the doll from her in the end, so now everyone's got what they wanted. =D

10. Exactly. I bought a head about a month ago specifically to go with another one of my characters. The head ended up being too small to match the other mold. So about a week after I received it I put it back up for sale. I'm definitely more careful now to research head sizes and comparisons before I buy but sometimes it can't be helped.

11. I would also feel a bit duped if I sold a doll only to have him/her up for sale again a few days later. I don't think there is anything you could do, or could have done, to change the situation. You'll just have to put the wig and freebies down as a learning experience and move on, but you do have a right to feel sad and a little cheated.

Yes, but selling a head because it is too small is a genuine reason to sell! What can you do with a head that's the wrong size? I think if you have a whole doll you should keep them at home at least a week. You might think at first that the doll isn't right for you, but things can change in seven days, at least. The doll could grow on you, the doll might not...but selling two days after arrival seems a bit rude to me.

My Bobobie arrived on a very bad day and I wanted to sell her almost immediately. I put out feelers a week later and I got some responses...but in the end I felt like she did fit in, even if she didn't fit the character I wanted for her. I would really have regretted selling her so soon.

12. I've sold three dolls as long as I have been in the hobby. One of those dolls were the kind your buyer got: I was in love with her on every picture, got her, played with her for a day and just knew that this one had to go. The only reason it took me over a month to get rid of her was because she didn't sell easely :lol:

I have not "checked up on" any of the dolls I sold after they were sold, or asked the new owners what they have done to them, simply because I personally feel it is not my business. If they have done anything I don't like about them, I feel I have no right to comment on that as I would hate to buy a doll second hand and have the previous owner comment on how I did its face up or what I dressed it in :P

I can understand you feeling bad about it if you still loved that doll, but projecting those feelings onto the buyer is bad business sense. :S

13. I think what the buyer did was fine really, they brought it with their money and stuff, so let them do what they want with it.

I personally think 2 days is enough time, sometimes you buy a doll and you just know somehow it will never work out and it would hurt you more to keep that doll lingering around for the sake of keeping it.

When I got my puki's I opened them to check everything was ok and about 2 minutes later I was typing up a for sale thread because I just knew I hated them. Both Pukis were sold within the day and all the parts gone within a week.

I just knew I could not grow to like them so there was no point in keeping them for an extended period of time for the sake of trying to force a bond. I would rather sell the dolls I didn't want, get my money back and try another one.

14. You feel what you feel and you have a right to feel that way. I strongly believe that we always have the right to feel what we feel no matter what it is. The question is how we handle it.

I think it's important to seperate how you feel and what the reality is. You feel cheated like the buyer was planning to do this from the beginning and lied to you. But that's a feeling - not a fact. The fact is you have no idea if the buyer lied to you or not and I think you should consider this:

I think what made this whole thing so especially difficult was that the buyer wasn't very good at communicating things to you in a way that made you understand them. I do understand your feelings but I also think that they are feelings, not facts. And I'm sure your doll will end up with someone who'll truely love her or him. (((((Stormlight))))) (That's supposed to be a hug.)

Dustbunnie

15. I have not had that happen to me, but I have had it happen to me that I bought a doll.
      I gave it a new face up. Played with it for about a total of 2 weeks when the original company came out with a version that fixed the things that bugged me about the sculpt (it was a pipo's, and I wanted a tail, 2 weeks later VOILA! Pipo's is releasing a new improved version with a tail! >_<).
      I felt horrible for doing it though, cause I really did like the doll, but given the choice of having her or getting the new version that was PERFECT, I chose to go for the perfect version (which I never bought in the end, still plan to one day though).
      Luckily when I sold her a very nice person bought her and was so happy that I had sold this unique doll (customization FTW). So atleast I was sure that she went to a good place.
      But alot of the time with otherstuff I sell (clothes, faceplates etc) I have noticed people getting it and going right back to selling it. I recon its a type of buyers remorese. They feel like they just put all that money into something and that they regret it (without giving the doll a chance or item) so they sell it before they can bond. But sometimes things just dont work. Ive opened a box once to be really dissapointed, but I did try atleast for a couple of months to see if it worked. Then sold it again.

16. I can see where you're coming from, I would be a little upset too if I saw someone reselling a doll they had just bought from me. I don't think I'd say anything though since it wouldn't be any of my business but I couldn't help but feel a little dissapointed if I had thought I was sending my doll to a seemingly excited new owner who only meant to sell her again.

That being said, I oftentimes feel guilty reselling a doll I had bought from someone else. I'm always afraid that they'll find out and get offended or upset.

17. I don't think I could ever sell one of my dolls but in that rare case I ever would and this happened to me, I would feel the same way. As for buying her back from the person...mmm tempting it would depend on if I was that attached to the doll, but probably not since the money I sold the doll with would probably go towards something better.

18. I do exactly the same thing as Zagzagael. The moment the doll is sold, I pack it away as safely but quickly as I can and emotionally detach. That's a way of protecting myself emotionally, I think, because it can be very difficult to let go of a cherished doll even when you know it's the right thing to do.

And I've also had the experience of letting a doll go immediately. I bought a lovely green Bobobie girl. When I chose her, the company was putting out their dolls in a lovely shade of soft (almost mint) green that I absolutely fell in love with. But it took so long for my order to be processed by a doll shop and for her to finally arrive that the company had altered it's resin color by then. She arrived at my doorstep an alarming deep froglike acid green! I opened the box and closed it immediately knowing she was not for me. That soft pale green garden elf I'd been waiting for looked more like the wicked witch of the west!

But when it comes to selling dolls, let me tell you how I see it. Doll's have an almost spiritual way of finding the owners they're meant to be with. I truly believe this. If your doll passes through this person's hands, it was probably meant to happen in that way. Eventually she will wind up where she truly belongs. That other person is just facilitating her journey. Look at it that way and it will help you cope with the shock of what has happened.

19. Oh, Stormlight, that is just terrible. ;s; I'm so sorry for your poor doll. What a horrid thing for that person to do to you, and to the doll. It's just awful.

20. This thread is sort of like the one I started yesterday about instantly disliking a doll...so I see it from both sides.

I bought a doll that I was super excited about. He arrived and my heart sank. Totally not the doll for me. The picture of who that doll would be and all that I would do with it to create the character was instantly shattered.

On the other hand I can understand your confusion because you felt the buyer's emotional investment first hand. She was excited about the doll and you were probably excited to see it go to someone who was so happy to have it. When you got the PM about her selling it your picture in your miund of what was going to happen was shattered. It's really two sides of the same coin isn't it?

The dolls really become "little people" in so many ways and there is so much emotional investment in them...I think PoeticSoul is right about the spiritual journey of dolls. In the end, what is meant to be will be.