1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

But ... she just GOT there! >__<

Sep 25, 2008

1. Well said. I couldn't agree with you more.

2. Happened to me, but I didn't feel quite so down about it since I hadn't bonded with the doll, and her exuse--car money--was pretty understandable. Still, I would have liked to see where the doll went, to see how she's bene treated and such, but, c'est la vie. /When/If I sell my MSDs in the future, I want to be able to follow them for a little while, at least.

3. I wouldn't have the heart to sell my boy, or any of my future dolls. I would feel horrible.

4. Is she selling the doll for more? If so, that's a heck of a lot worse. *hugs*

5. Hm. I could have SWORN I said that I wasn't upset about it anymore.

Guess it helps to read the entire thread. My initial question was answered, so it would be fine to let the thread die now.

6. I've sold a doll and months later checked up on its new owner to see how he was doing XD. (Well my sister sold the doll but he was mine and I just took him apart sanded him and never really felt motived because he wasn't what I was really expecting after I got him so I sold him to my sister who in turn felt similar to me and it continues (XD; ) ).

I can see how you feel, I don't know why but I could sell a book and think not even twice but I guess since dolls have faces and look so humanly it makes you think differently.

In my case however she still had the doll and he had a brother and they looked happy. ^^

7. On the flip side of the same coin...
      ...I just bought my first second-hand doll, and I was really reluctant to do everything I'd planned with her, because I didn't want to offend her original owner! But I figure that she's mine now, and I kept telling myself that when I was cleaning her yesterday, taking off her nail polish.. and I'm about to ship her head out for a faceup that fits the image I have of her.
      Do I still feel guilty about immediately making changes to the doll? Yeah, a little, but she is mine, and there's no wrong in making her totally mine.
      ...however, I understand the lingering emotional attachment you had to yours, since I keep trying to be considerate of the same emotions my new girl's last owner might have. If, months down the line, it becomes clear that she and I don't mesh, I'll give them the first opportunity to buy her back before putting her up for sale/trade. I think it's only polite.

PS-using your photo? Rude!!

8. It's really not a matter of you being upset or not or if you feel the thread is "done".

Once a person starts a thread here it belongs to DoA as a group- to contiune to discuss for as long as they have an interest in the topic. A lot of people are giving their musings on the subject, not really talking directly to you. Don't be surprised if three years from now somebody bumps this thread and answers your question as if it were asked yesterday. ;)

Back to the topic at hand...

9. Please note that several inflammatory posts have been removed from this thread. Some members seem to be taking posts into this thread far too personally - the subject is now being discussed in a general way and that's the way threads evolve on this board.

Thanks.

10. Man, you're not too sentimental! And the person using your pictures... I understand this is very frustrating.
      Anyway, you didn't know it would have ended like this, so don't blame you :)

11. i understand how you feel about that. i was concerned when i put up my sale thread that the previous owner of the doll i'm selling might feel this way, but then i have given the doll three or four months now to grow on me and he hasn't and i have good enough reason for me to sell. however, selling a doll the day after it arrives sounds a bit weird if you ask me.

maybe it might have been best if you hadn't sold your doll at all. i know some people have no choice, but if you didn't desperately desperately need the money, it might have been better to keep her.

people can't control their emotions. if you get upset, you get upset. there's no use trying not to be upset. if we didnt have emotions, we'd all be boring and robotic. anyone ever watched Equilibrium?

12. I just wanted to say that I have felt the same aswell, bought a doll second hand and I changed it up straight away, which seemed slightly rude for my own feeling, but at the same time it was my doll and I wanted to do with it what I needed to to be able to bond and finish it...
      On the flip side when I have sold heads/dolls I actually look forward to see how the new owner changes the doll, I find it faschinating to see how two people can view the same "object" so differently. :) Makes the hobby so interresting! Mind you sometimes I have also sold dolls and the new owner/s decide to "change" the look, and then 3 weeks later you see them back in the same wig colour you had and eye colour and it makes me giggle so much when it seems like some dolls just refuse to change.

Back on subject though I agree with what Lizzard says, if your worried about a doll being loved enough and the new owner decides to sell of straight away it seems that they also are worried about the same thing. Atleast they realised themselves that although they "liked" the doll they didnt really like it enough to keep so they wanted someone els to have it that would love it more. :? If that made any sence at all.

13. I love this :)

I have had the experience Stormlight mentioned from both ends, and it's a truly uncomfortable place to be, either way. (At least it is for me). You always want the bonding to be instantaneous, perfect, and forever, and sometimes it's just not. And sometimes you *think* you've detached from a doll you're selling but really haven't.

I've recently had the perfectly delightful opportunity to re-purchase a doll I sold a year earlier. At the time I sold her, I was uncomfortable with SD-sized girl dolls as a whole, but kept trying to make them work. I decided to sell ALL of them. Later I realized that girl elf dolls really DO work for me... and she's back with me again. I keep thinking "yes!" she really belonged here all along and now she's home!" Her wonderful interim owner merely facilitated my personal growth, and gave her a marvelous place to live during her stay there.

And yep, that sounds completely whacked, doesn't it. :lol:

14. I was recently in the same situation myself, only I'm the one selling.

But here's the thing, when my Nasia got here, I was not impressed. I had liked her head mold. I had known volks where chubby dolls. But when I got her at my house, she just didn't click.

I tried to bond with her. I wasn't getting anywhere. New clothes, new wig, a few other things to make her my own character, and just...nope.I was going to wait and give it a little more time, then a pretty extreme financial issue came up, and i had to sell something high dollar. I chose her, because she just was not working, with the promise to myself that once my little situation is over, I'll buy a resinsoul mei.

15. I didn't believe in 'bonding with dolls, at first.

It took 3 years to bond with my DD, but I'm glad that I never sold her. I had contemplated it. I thought for the longest time that I didn't like her. But now I can't imagine life without her!

:)

16. I didn't read the whole thread and my post will probably sound rude but...I can't understand why some people treat their dolls like children or pets. I mean, I really don't want to insult anyone, I know it's possible to develop a really big attachment to inanimate objects, especially this kind of dolls who can be completely customized. It can be hard to sell an object that is emotionnaly important for you but once the transaction is done, why would you feel duped that the new owner decides to sell it ? Even if it's almost immediately after receiving it? After all, a doll is not alive and won't feel sad or alone if it stays in it's box or if it has 10 different owners...

It already happend a few times to me to see dolls I sold to be sold again just after the new owner received them and I also received BJD and immediately saw they weren't for me. And at this price, I wouldn't want to keep something I'm not 100% happy with...

EDIT: Maybe if the doll is limited edition and sold out it can be a bit harder, because you can't easily buy another one if you regret it.

17. I think I would feel the exact same way in your situation, but hopefully you can move on soon and buy back the doll you want to replace. ^^

18. jeez, that would make just about anyone feel weird...I know I would hate it if that happened. What would be worse is if it was a doll that you had done the face-up on, yourself. Like, all that work for nothing, right? hopefully she will find a good permanent home eventually!

19. I don't know... I've done faceups on a few of the dolls I've sent out, and I wouldn't be upset at all if people changed them, because I had painted that face after *my* wants for the doll... I couldn't possibly expect everyone to have the same vision.

20. I can't remember who said it now, but I think having a log book with each doll would be beautiful. I kind of wish that each of mine came with something like that from their first homes, I have actually kept little kind notes and presents that arrived with each adopted doll and I think that I will put it all together and when my dolls go to stay with my friends I'll have them update the book too. If I do end up an old lady with these dolls and my family have to sell them, a doll with a history as rich as all that would go for much more than a plain doll. People like to be reminded that things have 'lived,' it's part of the attraction of antiques :)