1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

But ... she just GOT there! >__<

Sep 25, 2008

1. I'm glad you are getting some of your family back. Good luck!

2. It's hard sometimes to let go of our material world. I haven't sold any of my dolls because I get too attached to them, even though I have considered it.
      But this reminds me of my lunch box. After my mother died, we put her house on the market because my sisters and I all had our own places. In the things left in the house was my Mickey Mouse lunchbox that I carried in the 50s. I didn't think it would mean anything to me to sell it, but it did.
      You're obviously invested in your dolls. Maybe you don't need to sell one unless you're absolutely certain that you are ready to have him or her move on. Then, if something like a quick resell happens, it won't matter. After all, once you sold her, what happened to her after that was really none of your business, even though you still care about the doll. And if you care about the dolls, they need to stay with you.

3. I've had that happen with dolls I've done faceups for. I always feel a little paranoid and wonder, even though the person who hired me said they loved the faceup, that they actually didn't like it at all and that's why they're selling the doll so soon. I feel guilty that my faceups are the reason they couldn't bond with the doll or something. Totally silly, but I still sometimes feel that way.

I'm also planning on selling my very first doll, an MNF elf Shiwoo. I reshelled the character as a MNF Mirwen boy and I love his new face and body, but I still have a lot of guilt over selling his first form. I really really want him to go to someone who will love him and give him all the attention I should have during these past couple of years.

4. I have had that feeling once - that the doll just wasn't right as soon as I opened the box. But I still kept her around for a few months, got her a new outfit and tried making her "mine". I sort of already knew it wouldn't work, but to me it's in pretty bad taste to put a doll back up for sale immediately. Therefore, I kept her for a while, tried as best as I could, but in the end I wound up trading her for another doll.

Even though the buyer has every right to do as they please once the doll is theirs I really do find it a bit awkward when people re-sell instantly like that. And him/her using your pictures is absolutely not okay, I'd be furious if someone used my images without asking me first. :(

In short, I get it.
      -internethugs-

5. I haven't experienced this, but I totally get it.

Some people sell their BJD because of financial problems, so they want them to have the attention they deserve. Both of my BJD are adopted (one via Yahoo japan and one via DoA) and I really feel good about giving them the attention they couldn't get before.

6. I never plan on selling my dolls, ever. They can yellow, they can break.. Maybe I'd replace a broken limb, but never a head or face.

Recently I dropped my Fairyland Roke's faceplate onto the floor. He got a smudge on his forehead from my hardwood floor, but he seemed to be fine so I just took him into the bathroom for a little scrubbing. My wife asked what had happened, and while she was watching me, she pointed out that I'd actually broken the tip of his dragon ear off! She glued it back on for me, but I was really upset and angry with myself. She offered to buy a new head, and I just wouldn't have it. It would be a different doll to me. I would never sell his face and put a new one on him! Even that small change would make me feel bad, and I'd probably DoA-stalk whoever bought his old face, like they were carting my own flesh and blood around. XD ..That's creepy...

But yeah.. I'd be very angry if someone used photos I had taken to resell the doll. I don't get the point anyway, when she'd supposedly scrubbed the faceup on the OP's doll. :\ I'd also be miffed if someone bought a doll from me, then specifically sent me a PM to notify me they were reselling. At least try to be sneaky about it if you don't want the original owner getting upset. lol