1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy by mistake

May 18, 2017

1. I bought the wrong size wig for a tiny I used to own, I still have that wig even though I've already sold the tiny :'D
      I also mix up 1/3 and 'uncle size'/70ish size whenever I'm shopping on taobao... So far I've been able to hide the mistakes by rolling up the pants and leaving the shirts open over other shirts... :sweat I really should sell them, but I like the clothes;;;

2. I bought gray high hill parts and hands for SID (Iplehouse), but my doll is EID. I realized my mistake after receiving the goods. Such a shame.

3. I've order 1/3 clothes by mistake when I thought they were 1/4. To be fair, the seller wasn't overly clear and was selling a lot of MSD sized stuff.

4. I've done this so many times with wigs and shoes. I think I know what size I am suppose to buy, I get excited about the choices, measure once,twice then hit the purchase button. I just laugh at myself now. It's a learning curve and I don't spent too much on accessories so I am ok . Usually I can find someone who wants the items in my doll community.

5. Bought a beautiful pair of red msd shoes hoping they would fit the Dollstown elf body. They don't fit but are so pretty I can't bring myself to sell them. I keep thinking someday I might buy another msd and will need them. For now, they are pretty props.

6. I herp'd the derp on buying wigs. 8/9 and 9/10 are not the same size, and I don't know why my brain thought they would be.

7. Recently I ordered a pair of gladiator sandals for one of my girls, I thought I had selected black, but when they arrived they were brown!

I checked my order again and sure enough, I picked brown and black was sold out. Whoops ...

8. I've probably made a few of these oopsies, but can't recall them off the top of my head at the moment.

One little ordering mistake that I slapped my forehead for had more to do with the payment portion, however. I went to PayPal to make a payment for one of my dolls, and didn't realize until shortly afterwards that it withdrew funds from the wrong bank account! :doh I scrambled to get it taken care with the local branch (which was thankfully on campus and available after classes), got funds transferred from one account to the other to cover the costs before it overdrew, and drew a big sigh of relief afterwards. That little hiccup completely freaked me out, and makes me triple check payment methods whenever I'm checking out via PayPal!:kitty1

9. I bought some weeks ago on a doll group the outfit perfect for a character I had created and finally I realize it was too big...
      I was lucky, the seller has accepted to cancel the order.

10. Only one reasonable way to solve this: buy an LTF :)

Or sell/trade the shoes

11. I bought an outfit, before I bought my doll. The dress was the right size (SD13 from Volks own website- so it better fit!), but the shoes I got were for MSD. I didn't know a "m" in the part # was such a big difference.

12. Haha pretty sure I'm end it up buy one D; but in the future...I'm still on the layaway for my Lucywen,

13. I have made this mistake too. I recently bought two wigs that were for 7 - 8 size but ordered them is 6 - 7. Fortunately they do fit well on the only two dolls I have that have a head that size.

14. I bought four wigs that all somehow didn't fit the doll they were intended for. Avalon went through three wigs before I found his permanent one that fits him perfectly. The second wig I tried to buy him, I now use on my Hujoo/Obitsu Haruka head (which is an SD sized head. The wig was listed as MSD but it's actually SD) and her wig which barely fit her ironically fit my AngelRegion Ren/DZ girl perfectly. The rejects that no one wears includes: His fur wig (this was just a badly made wig) a purple monstrosity that'd look nicer on a doll that could actually wear it and didn't need the bangs cut a bazillion times to look good. (The bangs were as big as my dolls face. Not as advertised at all) and a free RS Yo-SD sized wig that fits no one and honestly isn't very good quality. It was a freebie and I already had my Bei's wig before I got her so can't complain.

I also bought some Yo-SD pants at a doll meet thinking they'd fit my Bei before I got her. Got her home, they're really really big on her. They're more so for a standard Yo-SD then a slim one.

Basically if I ever got another doll it'd be time to play magical wigs until either one fits it or I break down and buy one.

Don't even get me started on shoes.

15. I think the people at DDE must laugh every time my name comes up because about half of the times I’ve bought things from them, I put something of the wrong size in or forgot to add an option I wanted. Though thankfully they’re so nice and corrected my order every time.

16. I ordered a custom wig and instead of writing color 4 (black), I wrote f4 (platinum). I didn't realize it until it came months later!

17. I *almost* just did this with a doll. Soom Rudy is too cute, but I thought she was the size of Pipos Bahas/Cheshire cats. Not Puki Puki size! I literally got to the check out page (despite reading the entire add multiple times) and decided to check user pictures ONCE more. It had a picture of a Rudy in someone's palm. Wow, she was WAY too tiny for me!

I do however tend to hoard clothing that was bought for doll sizes I no longer have and don't plan to have again. So eyes from 8mm to 18mm that just sit.

I haven't ordered anything yet that didn't at least fit ONE of my dolls, although I tend to not check very well. It's bound to happen here soon.

18. I ordered the wrong eye size because I got way too excited. It has yet to arrive and hopefully it looks well. ><