1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a Doll Because of Fetish

May 12, 2010

1. Here's a twist for you...I like to collect dolls as an embodiment of my other fetishes. There are certain things I'm just absolutely mad about, so I design my dolls' characters to revolve around those things. I adore trains, so I have a steampunk girl who spends her life travelling on steamtrains. I love ghost stories, so I have a couple of ghost girls. I love hippie era music, so I have a robot girl to live on top of my vintage 8-track tape player and and take care of my vintage 8-track tape collection. And my most recent fetish is Harajuku street fashion (I have the books by Shoichi Aoki, so fascinating!)...so of course I had to run right out and buy a new doll to wear such fashions! (She'll be here soon hopefully!) And what the hey, let's make her a persocom as well since I adore the Chobits manga!:lol: I even go so far as to make sure the face of the doll is not overly detailed (no sooms or iplehouses for me) because I don't want the look of the doll itself to overwhelm the idea behind their character. I'm sure many ABJDs are purchased to fulfill the fetishes of others too. Just think of all those mad Anime collectors out there!;)

2. I have one dressed like Hinaichigo lol

3. Elven ears is my fetish. Luckily, it's an easy mod. ;)

4. stay away from Clover you!! (lol)

5. Dolls that look like they belong to a gang or a is street kid. Mischievous, angry, smirky, trouble-making- it all gets me going "ooh!" Got me a couple of those.

Dangerous, and/or haughty works too. Got one of those.

Oh, and evil, bratty princes. The ones that love to play games with you, but will throw a tantrum if their new shoes get scuffed :lol: Don't own one of those yet, but there is still time.

Narrow eyes, big lips, and a nice smirk. That's all I need.

6. For me its melancholic or pensive facial expressions (ie Dollstown!), or a slightly creepy and sinister vibe (especially with girls :XD:). Dolls that look like they're deep in thought or hiding something ;)

7. I adore dolls with hooves or weird types of feet like that...also sleepy eyed dolls~!

8. i have to say, this is a very interesting thread! I always look at noses, on people and dolls. my friends always make fun of me because i'm always critiquing noses on guys i like! but whatever. I really like Asian noses, like the really flat ones, those are adorable!!!

my second fetish is, well, i have a huge Asian fetish. I LOVE Asian guys, Korean especially....their eyes...so pretty. someday i really want to have a huge Asian doll family!!! i feel like a major dork now....:)

9. Male dolls with dark eyes, but not too evil. Smooth, velvety, bad boy, but not something that screams DANGER. That and pretty frilly Victorian outfits are an obsession. And I can't forget skeleton key things! X3 I hope to make a skeleton key necklace for my girl.

10. First! I'm sorry I can't reply all of you! But I'm enjoying reading about your fetishes..your post make me happy :)

That's me..glad there is someone who like the idea too! :)

Oh I can imagine that..oh...:drool..when I play a game I love the wistful-looking boy character..

Now you! You're the most unique doll-owner I've ever met! Congratulations I nominate you the master fetish doll! (it's no joke, it's a compliment of how unique and creative you're) :)

I want Hina-chan too..

Bratty princess..yes..I like it too

Like souldoll doll? I love Korean actors so yeah!

Victorian outfit!! LOVE LOVE it..like Rosenlied's outfits right?

11. Any kind! :D

12. :) Funny I was thinking I don't have a fetish but then I remembered the feet! feet can really turn me off a doll if they are flat on the bottom! I found my favorite feet are on my Jamie body Hypermaniac you can't beat that individual toes! also domadolls have individual toes too. So yes I think I have a bit of a doll foot fetish hee heee...
      I do really love nice fat noses too another rarity with most bjd's though my hypers also cover that !

[​IMG]

13. That's such great foot! Go checking their site~

14. TreeLore those toes are super cute, and I love Hypermaniac noses too! ;3;

I think one thing that I really go for is, on girls, round hips. >3< Minifees have the nicest curvy hips and legs (the Cutie legs!!) that get so nicely exaggerated in some poses, so I love them. Those hips were the reason I got a girl instead of a boy.

I also get really excited by dolls with many or unusual joints, like the Dollshe DSAM 35. It's too big and the sculpting is not as nice looking as the 32, but the JOINTS! <3 I can't resist them. ;3; (I won't be able to buy one for a long time though. Hopefully I will have talked myself out of it by then.)

And I can't resist big DARK eyes (either the iris is big and dark or the makeup is dark and the eye socket it shadowy) and fluffy messy hair that partly covers the face and cheeks. But those things can be applied to any doll. (YAY)

15. Sadly hypermaniac dolls that have the best feet are the older ones who are no longer available only second hand. Also the company is not selling dolls at the moment. Its a very slow company for production just one person.
      This one with the nice foot you can see more pictures of her in my signature under Juliette :)

Interesting nk-chan - Jamie has great hips too! but Unoss you can't beat her hips!

Very interesting thread.

16. In spirit of the question :D I definitely tend to "fall" for a certain type of doll. Grey skin and pointed ears always do me in, of course, but what truly gets me is the dreaming/sleepy-eyed molds, or molds with unusually shaped eyes, or an extra eye in general. Such as a third eye (Unidoll Akion or Dollmore Three Eyes Victor Lou) or eyes in the hands (Souldoll Sydee).

17. Ok, few people mentioned girls with curvy hips, I like my IH Tatiana's hips, so big and femenine. I suppose this is another of mine.

18. Dollmore white skin, that so white it almost glows in the dark and even when it yellows it is still whiter than any other brand new white skin I have ever gotten type of white, it just does it for me

19. Dolls with interesting faces- like not so 'perfectly beautiful' more, odd or lifelike in their non- perfectness. Does that make any sense?

20. I definitely have one; I dig dolls with lidded, very narrow, or dreamy eyes. After compiling my wish-list did I really realize it, and not every doll I want/have has this quality. Just most. :)